IGNORED

2021 U.S. Open at Torrey Pines

Just now, ChetlovesMer said:

I hope it comes down to Brooks and Bryson in the final pairing on Sunday. That's a must watch. 

I with you there, lol. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From golf subreddit

What a major!  This is easily one of the three best major championship weekends of 2021 so far.

Posted Images

21 hours ago, colin007 said:

I object to the "US" in the title of this thread.

A bigger and more critical objection would be including “Men’s” in the title. 

(edited)
32 minutes ago, Brock said:

What would you prefer begetter person?

Edited by Birdieputt

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I don't know what you all are talking about.... Phil... come on?
Personally, I hope it comes down to Brooks and Bryson in the final pairing on Sunday. That's a must watch. 

That would be great, but hopefully it won't devolve into what we just saw on the KFC Tour qualifier a few days ago.  

Just to be safe, prohibit their respective fathers from caddying that day.

59 minutes ago, Brock said:

This is worth noting:  the event isn't the "Men's Open," it's the "Open."  You don't have to be a man to attempt to qualify.  This isn't meant to disparage anyone who has attempted to qualify, but rather is to point out that it is open to all.

• Upvote 1

• iacas changed the title to 2021 U.S. Open at Torrey Pines
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Shindig said:

This is worth noting:  the event isn't the "Men's Open," it's the "Open."  You don't have to be a man to attempt to qualify.  This isn't meant to disparage anyone who has attempted to qualify, but rather is to point out that it is open to all.

That's why I removed "men's" from the title just now. I was about to post the same thing.

Lol I hobble up my stairs like that sometimes and my knees are in halfway decent shape for 41

• Funny 1

43 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

He’s so dramatic. 

He is just setting the stage to complain if he gets caught up in a crowd rushing up the fairway like at the PGA.

• Funny 1

DJ (that's him right?) and Fleetwood hitting 3Ws out of greenside bunkers. I wonder who bought this up and why?

I'm gonna go with Finau winning at 1 over.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

DJ (that's him right?) and Fleetwood hitting 3Ws out of greenside bunkers. I wonder who bought this up and why?

For when they do a 14 club challenge: bunker edition? 😀

9 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

DJ

That’s Sergio though bro

The last thing I’d want is to have Bryson and BK paired on Sunday for the win. I certainly don’t want either of them to win. And it’s not like an MMA or boxing match. Just a couple of whiners who don’t like each other. I’d much rather see BK have a good lead then lose it spectacularly. I’d also like to see Finau finally win. Of course it’d be epic if Phil was leading on Sunday….but that’s not gonna happen. Spieth…another good one. But BK and Bryson? Meh.

30 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

That’s Sergio though bro

Doh, it says right there in the post. It's the white outfit. I just assumed DJ.

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

The last thing I’d want is to have Bryson and BK paired on Sunday for the win. I certainly don’t want either of them to win. And it’s not like an MMA or boxing match. Just a couple of whiners who don’t like each other. I’d much rather see BK have a good lead then lose it spectacularly. I’d also like to see Finau finally win. Of course it’d be epic if Phil was leading on Sunday….but that’s not gonna happen. Spieth…another good one. But BK and Bryson? Meh.

I could get behind Finau. But, if there was one I’d like to see win but won’t, it would be Harold Varner III - other than Phil, of course. 

16 hours ago, ncates00 said:

He’s so dramatic. 

In his defense, I’ve had two knee surgeries on my left knee. Certain motions can be very painful. I could walk flats and even up stairs without any pain or issue, but a moderate incline or downstairs was painful and even awkward. It felt like my muscles stopped working to protect the knee (which is technically correct). So you can crap on him for his demeanor and general snotty attitude, with which I would agree on, but give him some slack on the knee.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

In his defense, I’ve had two knee surgeries on my left knee. Certain motions can be very painful. I could walk flats and even up stairs without any pain or issue, but a moderate incline or downstairs was painful and even awkward. It felt like my muscles stopped working to protect the knee (which is technically correct). So you can crap on him for his demeanor and general snotty attitude, with which I would agree on, but give him some slack on the knee.

That's fair. I agree. 👍

1 minute ago, ncates00 said:

That's fair. I agree. 👍

He is acting like this though.

the office bj novak GIF

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Good for you, what course are you qualifying at?  Good luck.
    • Considering how many people he comes into contact with and how often he is flying, it is unfortunate but not a total surprise. You can catch Covid-19 again even with being vaccinated and previously infected. It just means that your infection is mild.
    • Or, he understands how it transfers, and he was only around his wife for two months. He didn't need to get tested… because in getting tested, maybe he would have gone out more than he did in isolating at home, perhaps? You are making a LOT of assumptions, as you often do, @Shorty. Cool it.
    • The Club at Lac La Belle - 6.5 I wasn't a big fan of this course. It was beautiful and well-maintained, but I found parts of it to be a little contrived. It's definitely a target golf course and for someone like me who is wild off the tee, it took all the fun of strategizing out of it because the risks were just too high. I did like that there was variety in the course layout with a good mix of short/long, right/left, uphill/downhill holes. I'm not sure I'd make a trip out to this one again if I'm ever back in the area for golf, but it's less than 10 minutes away from a delicious French bakery with the best croissants I have ever had, so that bumps up the score a little  I'd go back just for the croissants. The Sandbox - 7.0 This little 17 hole par 3 course was just fun. It gave you different looks and a variety of options for play. I really liked it and tried a bunch of different things I normally wouldn't have on a regular course. A 7.0 is probably the most I'd give to a par 3 course, though. Lawsonia Links - 7.5 I really enjoyed this course. Overall I found the layout to be good. There were plenty of places to miss, but you still needed to hit good golf shots to play well. I liked the way the mounds and bunkers were designed to play with the shape of the holes visually. There were really only a couple of holes I didn't like - 13 in particular, even though I made par both times using completely different strategies. It's just bordering on too many blind shots for me, though. I'd definitely play this course again if I have the chance. Mammoth Dunes - 8.5 This course was spectacular to look at - absolutely visually stunning. The pictures don't do it justice because they fail to capture the scale of everything. The place is massive. I'll echo what the others have wrote above: it's a journey. You feel like you're not going out to play a round of golf, but rather that you're going on an adventure while hitting a golf ball on the way. I understand now how some other reviews I've read or seen describe a feeling of getting lost, or losing your bearings for a bit. I wasn't thinking about routing. I had no idea where the clubhouse was. I didn't really care about any of it because I was out in this beautiful landscape. The golf itself for me was just there. I would be perfectly happy spending an afternoon just walking the course without playing it. And that's a bit of a detriment, because at the end of the day, it is a golf course. As a golf course, I found it didn't really matter much how you played it as long as you hit decent shots. There was certainly an ideal way to play the course well, and I hit some awful shots and paid the price for them, but plenty of just okay shots I got away with because of the layout. In the end that's fine. I don't need every course I play to be a grueling test of my skills.  I'd make a return trip and play this course again. Sand Valley - 9.0 This one is a golf course first and a spectacular view second. Where Mammoth Dunes focuses on the adventure, Sand Valley focuses on the golf. It's still visually stunning, but just not quite on the grand scale that Mammoth Dunes is. And Sand Valley does not let you forget for even one second that you're out there to do one thing: to play golf. I don't remember having a single shot out there that didn't require my undivided attention. The course absolutely punished you for missing your spots. But the flip side of that coin is that it was extremely rewarding to hit good shots there. An example is #8 mentioned above - I don't think I have ever felt so pleased to hit a GW to 35' before in my life, and I might never again. The course is a challenge in the best way. It makes you want to rise up to face it. I want to go back and battle it again. I shot my best score of the week with an 87 at Lawsonia, but it's the 94 the second time playing Sand Valley that I'm most proud of. Like Mammoth Dunes above, I'd make a return trip specifically to play this course again. Bonus Stuff The facilities at Sand Valley Golf Resort were top notch. The prices at the pro shop were fair. The food and drinks were also reasonably priced and delicious. The food truck at The Sandbox had the best food in the whole complex, IMO. Lac La Belle I felt was fancy but overpriced. I bought a polo at the pro shop at Sand Valley, but a similar shirt at Lac La Belle was like 50% more expensive. The golf carts had beautiful leather seats, but I absolutely hate geo-mapping on the GPS systems. I don't know how many times it slowed me down to tell me not to drive in the fescue even though I was driving parallel to it 20 yards away. Lawsonia had an older clubhouse and it certainly had a quaint feeling to it. That's not a bad thing. I did not look to see the prices they were charging for their merchandise.
    • Every YouTube video should start with a 10- to 45-minute diagnosis to make sure the video you're about to watch applies to you. There are a LOT of reasons why someone hits a slice. YouTube videos do not start with a 45-minute "disclaimer" because nobody would get through it. They just want to stop slicing, but if the video shows a fix for something that the student doesn't do, the video is less than worthless — it may actually cause more damage. Don't watch YouTube videos unless they're just working on some fundamental things, or you're very confident that what they're going to show you actually applies to you.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Armando Araujo
      Armando Araujo
      (46 years old)
    2. chris3putt
      chris3putt
      (54 years old)
    3. CrazyHorsePete
      CrazyHorsePete
      (34 years old)
    4. DHak20
      DHak20
      (44 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...