IGNORED

2021 U.S. Open at Torrey Pines

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

OK. It’s NBC’s drone camera. Its resolution sucks. Just notice on the wide angle overhead shots. The picture quality is terrible. 

Throw in the 4D camera it feels like NBC is using old technology and not keeping up. 

OTOH it spent a chunk of money on the Olympics. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, billchao said:

Phil isn’t winning this tournament.

Too soon to call, @Shorty? 😜

What are the odds he shoots a 54 tomorrow while everyone else fails to break 80?

Oh well, maybe in Brookline.  Phil was part of that Ryder Cup winning team, so maybe (I'm grasping at straws at this point).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

51 minutes ago, Shindig said:

What are the odds he shoots a 54 tomorrow while everyone else fails to break 80?

Oh well, maybe in Brookline.  Phil was part of that Ryder Cup winning team, so maybe (I'm grasping at straws at this point).

What is Phil 12 back? I think he needed a better Saturday than he did to have a chance. Hell, Jordan Spieth shot 68 today and isn’t even in contention and he’s only 6 back.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

3 hours ago, billchao said:

Phil isn’t winning this tournament.

Too soon to call, @Shorty? 😜

I officially endorse the call. :-)

1 hour ago, onthehunt526 said:

What is Phil 12 back? I think he needed a better Saturday than he did to have a chance. 

Ya think? ;-)

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I’ve just watched the highlights from last night. It’s a good leaderboard for tonight, some of the big boys are looming. I was very impressed with Henley’s unflappability. His short game was very tidy. Louis or Rory FTW please

Stevie T

5 hours ago, Beastie said:

I’ve just watched the highlights from last night. It’s a good leaderboard for tonight, some of the big boys are looming. I was very impressed with Henley’s unflappability. His short game was very tidy. Louis or Rory FTW please

Anyone even or better has a real chance. I took another look at the final posted scores from yesterday. Wow, today has some big names in contention. Very cool afternoon watching for father’s day. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Saturdays round had a few wild moments with Harman 4 putting
and the Pin was a bit unfriendly to Sergio and Rory.
I missed the shot that Rham hit which I heard the announcers say something about 
hitting the Flag.

Sergio hits a great chip shot which one hopped hits the pin and came straight back 30 yards
from where he hits the shot from.... 🤔

Rory nailed the pin on his approach on a par 5 and the ball jolted to the right about 60 ft... :cry:

Then there was the 4 putt for birdie from 5 feet....

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

I lol’d yesterday at McIlroy’s post round interview when the interviewer mistook someone else’s baby for McIlroy’s. I was thinking while they panned over to the cute little one, that doesn’t look like McIlroy’s kid, did they do due diligence? All you have to do is take out the black slate from your pocket and type out McIlroy baby and compare what’s on the phone to the monitor. Low journalism standards. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Re:  Bryson DeChambeau at #8 ... 175 yard par-3 and he hits a pitching wedge.

There's a 175 yard par-3 at a course I play regularly;  depending on the day, I'll hit a 3H or 4H to get on the green.  It's a different game, isn't it? 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

19 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Re:  Bryson DeChambeau at #8 ... 175 yard par-3 and he hits a pitching wedge.

There's a 175 yard par-3 at a course I play regularly;  depending on the day, I'll hit a 3H or 4H to get on the green.  It's a different game, isn't it? 

35 degree pitching wedge?  😁

If Bryson and Brooks end up in a playoff, I might actually start to believe we're living in a simulation. 

Edited by False hopes
Spelling
  • Funny 1

D7BAE4ED-A923-4993-A5F7-40172B80F8D7.jpeg

• Like 1

Steve

Its kind of insane how the ball doesn't come down from those trees out there. 

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 1033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!