IGNORED

2021 U.S. Open at Torrey Pines

OK. It’s NBC’s drone camera. Its resolution sucks. Just notice on the wide angle overhead shots. The picture quality is terrible. 

Throw in the 4D camera it feels like NBC is using old technology and not keeping up. 

OTOH it spent a chunk of money on the Olympics. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From golf subreddit

What a major!  This is easily one of the three best major championship weekends of 2021 so far.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, billchao said:

Phil isn’t winning this tournament.

Too soon to call, @Shorty? 😜

What are the odds he shoots a 54 tomorrow while everyone else fails to break 80?

Oh well, maybe in Brookline.  Phil was part of that Ryder Cup winning team, so maybe (I'm grasping at straws at this point).

51 minutes ago, Shindig said:

What are the odds he shoots a 54 tomorrow while everyone else fails to break 80?

Oh well, maybe in Brookline.  Phil was part of that Ryder Cup winning team, so maybe (I'm grasping at straws at this point).

What is Phil 12 back? I think he needed a better Saturday than he did to have a chance. Hell, Jordan Spieth shot 68 today and isn’t even in contention and he’s only 6 back.

3 hours ago, billchao said:

Phil isn’t winning this tournament.

Too soon to call, @Shorty? 😜

I officially endorse the call. :-)

1 hour ago, onthehunt526 said:

What is Phil 12 back? I think he needed a better Saturday than he did to have a chance. 

Ya think? ;-)

I’ve just watched the highlights from last night. It’s a good leaderboard for tonight, some of the big boys are looming. I was very impressed with Henley’s unflappability. His short game was very tidy. Louis or Rory FTW please

5 hours ago, Beastie said:

I’ve just watched the highlights from last night. It’s a good leaderboard for tonight, some of the big boys are looming. I was very impressed with Henley’s unflappability. His short game was very tidy. Louis or Rory FTW please

Anyone even or better has a real chance. I took another look at the final posted scores from yesterday. Wow, today has some big names in contention. Very cool afternoon watching for father’s day. 

The guy, the father, with the most heartfelt family that runs out and enthusiastically greets him on the 18th green!  That's who I want to win. I'm a softie on Father's Day who loves that scenario.

• Like 1

Saturdays round had a few wild moments with Harman 4 putting
and the Pin was a bit unfriendly to Sergio and Rory.
I missed the shot that Rham hit which I heard the announcers say something about 
hitting the Flag.

Sergio hits a great chip shot which one hopped hits the pin and came straight back 30 yards
from where he hits the shot from.... 🤔

Rory nailed the pin on his approach on a par 5 and the ball jolted to the right about 60 ft... :cry:

Then there was the 4 putt for birdie from 5 feet....

I vote for more shots of the parasailers. And go, Rory!

Nice looking leaderboard. BDC 27 holes bogey free. Go Wolff!

I lol’d yesterday at McIlroy’s post round interview when the interviewer mistook someone else’s baby for McIlroy’s. I was thinking while they panned over to the cute little one, that doesn’t look like McIlroy’s kid, did they do due diligence? All you have to do is take out the black slate from your pocket and type out McIlroy baby and compare what’s on the phone to the monitor. Low journalism standards. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Re:  Bryson DeChambeau at #8 ... 175 yard par-3 and he hits a pitching wedge.

There's a 175 yard par-3 at a course I play regularly;  depending on the day, I'll hit a 3H or 4H to get on the green.  It's a different game, isn't it? 

19 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Re:  Bryson DeChambeau at #8 ... 175 yard par-3 and he hits a pitching wedge.

There's a 175 yard par-3 at a course I play regularly;  depending on the day, I'll hit a 3H or 4H to get on the green.  It's a different game, isn't it? 

35 degree pitching wedge?  😁

(edited)

If Bryson and Brooks end up in a playoff, I might actually start to believe we're living in a simulation. 

Edited by False hopes
Spelling
  • Funny 1