IGNORED

2021 U.S. Open at Torrey Pines

Thank you No Laying Up, for posting a see it in one shot summary of how to watch the US Open this week. 11 AM to 9PM on Saturday. That's a long stretch!

• Upvote 1
  • Informative 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From golf subreddit

What a major!  This is easily one of the three best major championship weekends of 2021 so far.

Posted Images

Prediction:  this will be the first Open at Torrey that does not end in a 19 hole playoff between Woods and Mediate.

But it's going to be fun to watch anyway. 

• Funny 1

(edited)

I am really looking forward to this Open. The rough is super thick and penal right now, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the pros manage it. My hunch is that those who can do the best job of blending distance and accuracy off the tee will prevail. This might have the makings of another DeChambeau victory, perhaps?

Edited by Big C
Deleted - off topic

Dang, but I'd like to see Phil win this one, too!

1 hour ago, longdrive23 said:

Does anyone know if fans are allowed for Wednesday practice round? Were there tickets sold for this? 

I don't see any practice tickets available on Stubhub though.

Torrey-Pines-North-4-and-6-Sunset-HR.jpg

Though golf is far from whatever its new normal is going to look like, the U.S. Open at Torrey Pines in June is going to feel like it's being played at Cam

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zippo said:

Dang, but I'd like to see Phil win this one, too!

I agree and want him to do also.  Phil is a long-shot but I put my $$ on him.  Understand, it was not a lot of cash and I know I could lose it all, rather quickly.  

Phil winning would be so great for so many reasons.  Especially since I'm an old guy now I can enjoy the old guys winning more 😃 

55 minutes ago, StuM said:

I agree and want him to do also.  Phil is a long-shot but I put my $$ on him.  Understand, it was not a lot of cash and I know I could lose it all, rather quickly.  

You put money that he’d make the cut? 😃

Phil isn't going to win but that isn't really what I said. I said - "Dang, but I'd like to see Phil win this one, too!" And, I would!

18 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

You put money that he’d make the cut? 😃

No, I’m all in on a win! 🤫

Go Big of Go Home!

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Phil ain't winning this thing, guys. C'mon now…

I know odds are against it.

14 minutes ago, StuM said:

I know odds are against it.

I'm gonna root for him anyway. I'll root for Hovland, too, though I don't think he's got the chops, yet, to win.

Ben Curtis won The Open. We don’t have a clue what will happen.😂

• iacas changed the title to 2021 U.S. Open at Torrey Pines