IGNORED

DaveP043 and GAME Golf Pro

DaveP043
Note: This thread is 1013 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

38 minutes ago, Zippo said:

I'm not at all familiar with Game Golf but do you tag at each shot and putt or is that with an older version? Are your clubs "paired" with a device or phone?

There are 3 versions of Game Golf.

”Classic” is the oldest and you physically tag each shot by tapping the sensor in the grip to s device you wear on you belt then upload to a PC via a USB cable.

”Live” also requires you to physically tag but is paired to a phone via Bluetooth to upload the data.

”Pro” is the current version and the  sensors are paired to a device and shots are automatically recognized without requiring physical tagging.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, StuM said:

”Pro” is the current version and the  sensors are paired to a device and shots are automatically recognized without requiring physical tagging.

Except it doesn’t seem to be working very well right now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

This 

32 minutes ago, iacas said:

Except it doesn’t seem to be working very well right now.

Seldom seems to be operating properly. May be the answer to my query " WTF are they doing?" as the group ahead falls further and further off the pace whilst they keep trying to get their technology working so they can measure, and record for uploading  how far the ball went after they laid the sod over it yet again. 

10 hours ago, Zippo said:

I'm not at all familiar with Game Golf but do you tag at each shot and putt or is that with an older version? Are your clubs "paired" with a device or phone?

As a few have said, this is Game Golf Pro.  The individual club sensors have been set up, and are supposed to communicate with a "medallion" I wear on my belt for each shot, without me needing to tag each shot as with the original system.  The medallion functions as both the GPS locator and data collector, as far as I understand. I have kept my cell phone with me each time I've played, but the system is supposedly able to work properly even without the phone nearby.

A positive thing to report, I did email Game Golf yesterday, and they responded early this morning, which I consider to be very prompt response given the holiday weekend.  I'm uploading data logs for their review, they plan to help determine what's been happening.  Its entirely possible that I'm doing something that's sub-optimal, and the fix will be something easily accomplished.  Its also possible that the system doesn't work the way its supposed to.  I intend to do what I can to figure out which it is.

• Like 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

A positive thing to report, I did email Game Golf yesterday, and they responded early this morning, which I consider to be very prompt response given the holiday weekend.

I emailed them about my issues last Sunday and I still haven’t gotten a response.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

5 minutes ago, billchao said:

I emailed them about my issues last Sunday and I still haven’t gotten a response.

I had a email direct from the marketing department shortly after I receives the package, because they knew I was a "test subject" here.  Thats where I sent my inquiries, not through the standard channels.  it will be interesting to see the difference in follow up we each receive.

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

@DaveP043  Question? When you tag a shot, does the receiver "vibrate"?
I only looked at the first round and apparently none of the shots were recorded after your drives on the first couple of holes.
Also, the receiver should indicate a "shot was made" even without Tagging!
It detects hip rotation and should record a shot from the position.

As a suggestion, you can start a simulated round and should probably hold the receiver and tag every club.
Then you can review the recording on your phone.
Do it outside your home, move a few feet before tagging clubs.

I'll look at the 2nd round in a bit. 

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

Question? When you tag a shot, does the receiver "vibrate"?

He doesn’t tag a shot.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The receiver does vibrate, but its not particularly strong.  It also shows a green light when it detects a swing.  I have to admit that I'm not consistent in checking that each shot is detected.  I've uploaded the logs and their team will be looking at them to help me improve the performance.

Edit.  As @iacas says, I don't specifically tag, the system is supposed to pick up the shots without me doing anything.  The belt medallion does show an indications when it detects cuts a shot, and can be set.to vibrate too.

Dave

8 hours ago, billchao said:

I have been using the “Chat” feature to communicate with them and have gotten very prompt responses.  On Friday I messaged them about issues with the satellite imagery on recent rounds in Northern Michigan and they were fixed next time I logged in on Monday.

• Like 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2021 at 8:43 AM, DaveP043 said:

The receiver does vibrate, but its not particularly strong.  It also shows a green light when it detects a swing.  I have to admit that I'm not consistent in checking that each shot is detected.  I've uploaded the logs and their team will be looking at them to help me improve the performance.

Edit.  As @iacas says, I don't specifically tag, the system is supposed to pick up the shots without me doing anything.  The belt medallion does show an indications when it detects cuts a shot, and can be set.to vibrate too.

Any progress or updates on your trial?

12 hours ago, Zippo said:

Any progress or updates on your trial?

Yes and no.  From the communications with GameGolf side, I got an email on Tuesday.  Essentially, the techies there have been working to correct some issues with the Golf Bag feature.  Now they'll be turning their attention to the connectivity issues I've been having.    So essentially no news.

As for on-course news, I tweaked my back a bit just before the 4th weekend, so I hadn't played since the round I posted for 7/3.  I'm feeling recovered, so I played 18 on this past Tuesday.  Playing the back nine first, shots were recorded for only two holes.  I terminated that round and started a new one for the front nine, and the results were improved but not great.  I did edit that nine, so its pretty accurate now, but the system either missed or significantly mis-located 8 or maybe 10 full swing shots.  That doesn't include putts, and I really don't mind the system missing putts.  I'll keep using it, and I'll wait to see what GG does to resolve the issues.  You can see all of these rounds at:

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/davep043

• Thumbs Up 3

Dave

Best Round:  14 under.  Maybe you just don't hit enough shots for the system to record? ;-) 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 1013 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!