IGNORED

Fight Breaks Out at Korn Ferry Qualifier

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1042 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Troy Ocker said:

Ok, was maybe a bit harsh. 

1st offense: 1 year ban. 

2nd offense: life ban. 

No sport needs people like this and it is not a human right to play competetive golf at a professional level. 

I'm good with this. That feels about right to me. 

8 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

His hope is that of a misdemeanor if a good lawyer can knock it down to 'had a very bad day'.  

If the judge is a golfer he has a chance. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Seems like he has a larger issue of possible felony indictment if aggravated assualt/battery charges were filed.

I don’t know the law of the particular jurisdiction, but it would seem that unless particular circumstances exist, like using a deadly weapon, there would be no rise from battery to a felony charge. I haven’t seen any facts to indicate that he brandished a weapon, like a golf club for instance, in the fight. 

16 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

His hope is that of a misdemeanor if a good lawyer can knock it down to 'had a very bad day'.  

Therefore, I think this statement is over broad. The burden of proof would fall on the prosecutor to show each element is met. Sure, the prospector can threaten charges, but again, unless there are facts to support a felony charge, of which I’m not aware at present, I don’t think his “hope” is that a lawyer can “get him off.” 

Edited by ncates00

Jerks get into fights every day. If they all went to prison, you'd need a gray-bar hotel every two blocks.

This looks like a fine and some community service at worst.

9 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

If the judge is a golfer he has a chance. 

The judge isn’t involved in plea-bargaining. That’s even assuming there are facts to support a felony charge.

3 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

The judge isn’t involved in plea-bargaining. That’s even assuming there are facts to support a felony charge.

I was being facetious. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 1

I do not know what was said, but I was shocked that it was Smith who started the fight. IDK, but I feel like it would have been Dailey. 

The altercation took place after Dailey hit a wayward shot on the par-3 7th hole. After both Luke Smith and his father allegedly failed to help look for the ball, Dailey approached the two and said how helping to look for errant shots might speed up the group. The Smiths then allegedly began to yell at Dailey about his own play, and as Dailey walked away, Luke Smith reportedly jumped on and started to punch him. When Fribbs attempted to break up the fight, Smith’s father began to use a putter to keep him from breaking up the fight.

Another group called the pro shop to come break up the fight. Smith was then taken to the clubhouse and arrested after Dailey decided to press charges.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Just now, ChetlovesMer said:

I was being facetious. 

Gotcha. I’m very literal, especially in written form, unless it is clear and obvious that another’s words are mere jest. Folks, not necessarily you, tend to be ignorant on the law, so I wasn’t sure. 

3 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Gotcha. I’m very literal, especially in written form, unless it is clear and obvious that another’s words are mere jest. Folks, not necessarily you, tend to be ignorant on the law, so I wasn’t sure. 

My bad, I should have used an emoji to show my facetiousness. 

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

3EAB7EBF-B106-49AC-A6B2-BE462BDB5EF0.gif.904356369f00cc5528f7bafca6d4c2fe.gif

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

6 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

3EAB7EBF-B106-49AC-A6B2-BE462BDB5EF0.gif.904356369f00cc5528f7bafca6d4c2fe.gif

I think that’s the second time you’ve tagged me with that my brother! Haha. It fits, I suppose. It’s hard to turn that button off. Ask my wife. 

19 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

I think that’s the second time you’ve tagged me with that my brother! Haha. It fits, I suppose. It’s hard to turn that button off. Ask my wife. 

Lol…yeah. I get it. My brother’s a contract lawyer and I have to be very specific when I talk to him.

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 hours ago, ncates00 said:

I don’t know the law of the particular jurisdiction, but it would seem that unless particular circumstances exist, like using a deadly weapon, there would be no rise from battery to a felony charge. I haven’t seen any facts to indicate that he brandished a weapon, like a golf club for instance, in the fight. 

Therefore, I think this statement is over broad. The burden of proof would fall on the prosecutor to show each element is met. Sure, the prospector can threaten charges, but again, unless there are facts to support a felony charge, of which I’m not aware at present, I don’t think his “hope” is that a lawyer can “get him off.” 

So a fist fight is unlikely to rise to a felony or in the least the burden of proof rests on the prosecution. Thanks. Yeah, that is good (relatively speaking) for the young man if so.

Vishal S.

7 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

in the least the burden of proof rests on the prosecution.

At least in the US, isn't this always the case?

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

17 hours ago, iacas said:

Or maybe they were on the other side of the hole and had gotten tired of him hitting balls into the shit, and they'd already looked for six other balls of his that day.

Must have been great deal of fatigue as they also were too tired to ever put the pin back in. 

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

Well, in broad terms yes, but we were debating in the specific case of a fist fight (seems to be) whether it would land as a felony or misdemeanor. Seems to be circumstantial. 

Vishal S.

38 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

Yes, for criminal cases. The only exception in criminal cases would be where the defendant is trying to prove an affirmative defense to a charge—then, the defendant has the burden to prove that defense. But note that the prosecution still bears the burden of proof for charge. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 1042 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!