IGNORED

2021 British Open (Players Angry Over COVID Protocols)

StuM

Are the 2021 Open COVID Protocols going too far?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Are the 2021 Open COVID Protocols going too far?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, Chris223 said:

We get it… you don’t like Spieth.  Jesus.

Actually I do like him, and root for him! I think that makes me critique his performance more. I'd love to see him win. But... 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Actually I do like him, and root for him! I think that makes me critique his performance more. I'd love to see him win. But... 

he’s always looked like he’s had the jitters. It’s just his nature. I don’t think he over analyzes either. That honor goes to BD. 

Tomorrow's golf should be great.  Louis Collin and Jordan.  I don't see all three of those falling off the pace, so it's probably one of those three.  

59 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

he’s always looked like he’s had the jitters. It’s just his nature. I don’t think he over analyzes either. That honor goes to BD. 

You have a point there. 

I’ve just watched the highlights, a good days golf. 

I forgot the amazing angles afforded by all the cranes. Is my memory bad or is it I just don’t see many cranes at US events?

The split screen that shows the lie is great. 

(edited)

Wow, those UKBO winners since 2000 are an interesting infographic.  My second-least favorite of them is closer to my favorite in terms of how much I like than the least favorite is to the second-least favorite, by quite a bit.

17 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I forgot the amazing angles afforded by all the cranes. Is my memory bad or is it I just don’t see many cranes at US events?

The only crane I remember at a US event offhand involved a controversy with Ernie Els.  I can't quite picture a crane at a US event, even the ones I went to.  I'll keep an eye out in CY 2022 for them when I start attending again 🙂 

Edited by Shindig
Wrong word, I meant "infographic"

The Jon Thomson comparison picture reminds me of a picture I saw a few years ago.  It had Arnold Schwarzenegger standing between Andre the Giant and Wilt Chamberlain.  

Anyway, so I hear the scoring average today (so far) is 69.  So that's nice. 

Koepka on an early run.

Yesterday at this time, I was worried Morikawa was going to fall off.

Now he's tied for the lead with 14 holes to go in regulation.

Rahm with two monster shots on the par-5.  561 yard hole, 226 to go for his second, has a short eagle putt coming up.

Koepka posts a number.

TV announcers are saying that Louis hit "way too close" to his ball in the bunker.

Aren't you supposed to hit pretty close to your ball when it's in a bunker?

And it looks like he isn't digging his feet in.  I realize not everyone hits every shot the same, but I thought "dig your feet in" was a universal for greenside bunkers.  I could be way off.

10 minutes ago, Shindig said:

TV announcers are saying that Louis hit "way too close" to his ball in the bunker.

Aren't you supposed to hit pretty close to your ball when it's in a bunker?

And it looks like he isn't digging his feet in.  I realize not everyone hits every shot the same, but I thought "dig your feet in" was a universal for greenside bunkers.  I could be way off.

No, you hit 1 or 2 inches behind the ball and not suppose to make contact. Luis hit the ball first which is a mistake.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, khalespace said:

No, you hit 1 or 2 inches behind the ball and not suppose to make contact. Luis hit the ball first which is a mistake.

Ah, that makes sense.  Thanks.  

(edited)

If you're not watching, you should be.

Oostie gonna get lapped if he's not careful.

Edited by Divot Master
Spell check fail
  • Like 1