IGNORED

2021 British Open (Players Angry Over COVID Protocols)

StuM
Note: This thread is 1011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Are the 2021 Open COVID Protocols going too far?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Are the 2021 Open COVID Protocols going too far?

• Yes
    • No

Amazing to show us the wind when showing us context for the second shot, would be nice if they'd show the wind (at least direction, if not speed) when they are showing a shot, too.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

21 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Fair enough, good response. Although, we will see him fade towards the end, mark my words. @Billy Zwill eat crow otherwise! 

Pretty vague prediction. The fact is Spieth has definitely improved on his game. It’s golf man. Anyone can ‘fade towards the end.’

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Final game on the tee.  Morikawa with a nice drive after carefully folding a pin sheet.    Louis with a pull.  Both players in the first cut.

For anyone wondering if anyone is going to fade towards the end:  a lot of these players are both right handed and hit most of their shots left to right.

• Funny 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Ugh, that infographic on Spieth's performance.  I like Jordan, and the infographic isn't his fault, but "total one putts" is not meaningful.

Those shots that miss right on the par-3 3rd that bounce onto the green reminds me of the "members bounce" area of my home course's par-3 3rd.  But mine is only about 175 yards, not 245... but that's relatively longer for me than it is for them, I think.  I hit a 4H most of the time off that tee. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Oh hey, a diagram with the wind (Morikawa's 3rd shot on #2, a 98 yard pitch).  I expected it, Morikawa expected it, but it didn't show up.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Morikawa what is happening? 😞 

-- Michael | My swing! 

1 hour ago, Billy Z said:

Fair enough, good response. Although, we will see him fade towards the end, mark my words. @Billy Zwill eat crow otherwise! 

We get it… you don’t like Spieth.  Jesus.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Morikawa going driver-driver to be on in two on the par-5.  Louis is also on in two, about as far from the pin... but only hit driver once on that hole. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

200 yard 9-iron.  A combination of these guys are unreal and these course conditions.

Morikawa with a great putt to bring him back to -9.  I don't normally think of him as a great putter, but then again, he doesn't have to be one with his ball striking.  :-)  

-- Michael | My swing! 

This is shaping up to be the second-worst weekend day Dustin Johnson has had at a major.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Siem just hit an iron OB on #14.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

And we have an O.B. off the tee with an iron.

Spieth taking my preferred approach to bunkers:  avoiding them.  His first bunker shot came on the second nine on the third day. 

Morikawa with a great approach on the par-3 11th.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

Ugh, the announcers again on the putting counts.  Why.  It's 2021 not 1921. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Morikawa hits the fairway... and no iron for him! There's a lesson here for everyone who hit an iron off that tee and missed the fairway or even the course itself. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Three players I like are tied for the lead.  Siem is dancing, but probably not because of this.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 1011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!