IGNORED

Garmin R10 - Personal Launch Monitor

On 8/30/2021 at 11:18 AM, pganapathy said:

That seems to be the reason people are getting varied readings and accuracy, according to the video

This wasn't the issue for me. I tried to line it up, I even used my alignment sticks to try to get it perfect. I had a terrible experience and I tried it for almost two weeks. Read my review above. As I mentioned mine was so bad that I almost think I may have gotten a "bad one". I hear there's a world wide shortage of micro-chips, perhaps my unit had to use one that was salvaged from a TI-64 Calculator?🤪

I can tell you this. I've been to the range almost every day now for the past 2 weeks and I've been using my SC300 again. MAN, is it nice to use. I never loses connection with my phone. I hit a shot that lands on or near the 150 marker, the distance shows 150. I hit one to the 250 marker, it shows 250, and so on and so on. I'll hit a bucket of 75 balls and then when I finish the device shows that I've hit 75 shots. It almost never "misses" a shot. 

I get that it doesn't show side-spin or how far off line I may be. But it never misses a shot, it never loses blue-tooth connection to my phone (even when I take video with the same phone). I can't tell you that it's GC4 accurate, but it's pretty damned good. I wrote up a thread on this thing one time a couple years back where I took it out on the course and stuck stakes in the ground where I hit from and where the ball landed and measured with my rangefinder and it was always within a couple yards, and often dead nuts. 

That's why I had high hopes for the R10. The SC300 is so good, I figured if the R10 just did equally as well and then added in the left/rightness of the shot, Bob's your Uncle. But man, I was really, I mean REALLY disappointed. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

This wasn't the issue for me. I tried to line it up, I even used my alignment sticks to try to get it perfect. I had a terrible experience and I tried it for almost two weeks. Read my review above. As I mentioned mine was so bad that I almost think I may have gotten a "bad one". I hear there's a world wide shortage of micro-chips, perhaps my unit had to use one that was salvaged from a TI-64 Calculator?🤪

I can tell you this. I've been to the range almost every day now for the past 2 weeks and I've been using my SC300 again. MAN, is it nice to use. I never loses connection with my phone. I hit a shot that lands on or near the 150 marker, the distance shows 150. I hit one to the 250 marker, it shows 250, and so on and so on. I'll hit a bucket of 75 balls and then when I finish the device shows that I've hit 75 shots. It almost never "misses" a shot. 

I get that it doesn't show side-spin or how far off line I may be. But it never misses a shot, it never loses blue-tooth connection to my phone (even when I take video with the same phone). I can't tell you that it's GC4 accurate, but it's pretty damned good. I wrote up a thread on this thing one time a couple years back where I took it out on the course and stuck stakes in the ground where I hit from and where the ball landed and measured with my rangefinder and it was always within a couple yards, and often dead nuts. 

That's why I had high hopes for the R10. The SC300 is so good, I figured if the R10 just did equally as well and then added in the left/rightness of the shot, Bob's your Uncle. But man, I was really, I mean REALLY disappointed. 

Either you got a lemon or the device isn't all it is cracked up to be.  I guess the only way to know is for some others to test it and see the results 😊

• 1 month later...