IGNORED

Whats your favorite golf slang term or saying..

XSup
Note: This thread is 4011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My fav is "whipped cream on sh!t" - scrambling all over the hole, yet saving par. Or what happened to me last weekend, blading a SW out of the bunker, hitting the lip, and rolling to within 5 feet of the pin.

I thought whipped cream on s#!t was sinking an eight footer for 8.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

An O.J Simpson: Got away with it

A ladyboy: Looks like an easy hole but all is not what it seems

A condom: Safe, but it didn't feel real good

A circus tent: A BIG top

A Paris Hilton: An expensive hole

Have one about Elton John but its borderline inappropriate for this forum. PM me if you want to hear it.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

Hitting it fat: “Chubby”
Lots of lip outs: "burning more lips than a drunken flame swallower"
Someone rolls up with one company’s bag, woods, irons, wedges, balls, and putter: [COLOR="blue"]“nut-hugger”, “Costco pack”, or “gift pack” [/COLOR ](Sadly my bag is evolving towards a Nike nut-hugger setup)
Aggressive putts and chips that go in: “stuffed it”

titleistprov1x |nikeneo |●| callawayx-forged 54/60 |● |mizunoMP68

adamsproblack 3H |●| mizunoMPtitanium5w/3w |●| mizunoMP630FT

"Did you get caught in your g string on that one??" after leaving a putt short
In My Bag:
Driver: 905R 9.5°, UST ProForce v2 Stiff
3 Wood: 906F2, 15°, UST ProForce V2 Stiff
Hybrid: Rescue Dual TP, 19°, Mitsubishi Diamana Stiff
Irons: 735CM, 3-PW, DG S300Gap Wedge: CG12 52Sand Wedge: CG12 56Lob Wedge: Spin-Milled Vokey Oil Can 60.04Putter: 35"/330g Newport 2

"Gotta let my n_ts hang" - After hitting a huge drive

"A monkey can do it the second time" - After hitting a crappy shot and performing a practice shot that ends up much better than the original.
What I play:
Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5 Fujikura Stiff flex | Titleist 735.cm Stainless Steel True Temper S300 3-PW | Titleist Vokey GW 52 | Cleveland 588 SW 56 | Titleist Vokey LW 60 | Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless | Titleist Pro V1x

Where I play:
Texas A&M UniversityHow I play:Goals for 2008

My uncle would always say "Whipped cream on sh** " if he holed a long putt or chipped after messing up a hole, e.g. holing a long putt for an 8.

When a friend leaves a putt way short: "Take off your panties and putt it."

After I make a 2 on a par-3, I've been known to put my tee in the ground, back off, look at my playing partners, and I'm "Oh I'm sorry, did anyway make a 1?"

• 1 month later...
"Must have paid your dues on time" ... when your partner gets a members bounce.
"Hit something" ... as your 10 footer runs 10+ feet by the hole.
"Does your husband play golf?" ... to someone who leaves a putt short

In the Titleist bag on the ClicGear 2.0:

PILOT: Titleist 910 D2 Axivore Tour Red

3 WOOD: Callaway 3-Deep 13*

Hybrid: TaylorMade RBZ 22*

IRONS 3-PW: Mizuno MP-32

WEDGES: Vokey TVD 54* SM5 58*K

PUTTER: Rife 2-Bar Blade

BALL: Penta 5

"Snake" Double break or more putt.
"Charlie Brown" Hitting a branch or other object with the ball ricocheting straight down.
"Gardening" Cleaning the putting green or area around a ball.

"Lift your skirt up, Alice" after leaving a putt short

I do the same, only afterwords I'll let fly a nice string of naughty words.....

Driver: Hi-Bore XL 8.5* X-Stiff

3 Wood: ORLIMAR VT830 15* Stiff

Irons: RPM Undercut OS 4-GW Sand Wedge: CG 10 54*Lob Wedge: 588 60*Putter: White Steel 2-Ball CS Ball: NXTBag: IDEA Stand Bag

I don't have a golf saying but I have a good bowling one. My friends and I always say "Watch out for the alter boy."

That is when one pin is hidden right behind another one. The priest and the alter boy

In The Bag:
Driver: Big Bertha 460
3 & 5 Wood: F50.
Irons: 855S Silver Scot 3-SW.
Wedge: S2H2 60*Putter Anser 2i

"

A laughed hard at the Hitler one. Miine is when you have a ball that you cant seem to lose. Like you hit it and you think its gone, but it's always there. I call that the Rasputin ball. For all who don't know who Rasputin is, he a a Russian healer guy in government in the 1880's and other officals always kept trying to kill him, but he couln't die. One time they shot him 10 times in a burning house and he didnt die! :)

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

When a male friend duffs a shot...

"Next time, try hitting it with your purse."

Or "Next time, ask your boyfriend to hit it for you."

"Cub Scout" = Choking up on the club

"Going Disco" = On the green

"Beef Stew" = Went in the water (because a lot of water on the golf course looks like beef stew)

Dairy Queened = Disqualified

3JACK

A laughed hard at the Hitler one. Miine is when you have a ball that you cant seem to lose. Like you hit it and you think its gone, but it's always there. I call that the Rasputin ball. For all who don't know who Rasputin is, he a a Russian healer guy in government in the 1880's and other officals always kept trying to kill him, but he couln't die. One time they shot him 10 times in a burning house and he didnt die! :)

That's a good one. I nearly spilled my coffee on the keyboard between the Hitler shots and Rasputin ball.

There's always "Don't Noonan." You could probably come up with golf slang for a shot for every Caddyshack character. Let's see: Smails: A slice in the woods on #1.

damn i grannied that putt.

should say, at the course i played at some time ago there is a par 3 outside the clubhouse and in full view of all the members in the bar.

its 120 yards with 2 bunkers at the front, the closest bunker is referred to as the grannies bunker and the second bunker is called the wifeies bunker.

which leads to bogeying this particular par 3

i thinned a wedge in to the wifies bunker splashed out and then ended up grannying the putt for a 4.

k

"It'll play."

Translation: In the center of the fairway of a hole I am not currently playing.

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

Note: This thread is 4011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!