IGNORED

Whats your favorite golf slang term or saying..

XSup

Note: This thread is 3144 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

"AMF"-Adios Mother Bleeper. Say this when I'm putting downhill and the ball just keeps rolling and rolling past the cup.

Good one.

Used to play with some guys on the police force on occasion. The guys would have you laughing like heck the whole round. One of their normal sayings after somone sent one out of bounds......."Dang, Chuck...sorry man but that one is O scar B ravo". The most notable saying was from playing with a guy who would simply let his anger build quietely throughout a bad round. Several holes would go buy and nobody could get much chatter out of him. He'd hit that final bad shot that would set him off and out would come this very long string of cuss words. He basically used every cussword we'd ever heard but he do it in the same order everytime. The only variance would be if he was directing the verbal assualt at his ball, club or himself. He'd usually lighten up and rally after the explosion.

Catchin it fat - Caught it Cakey

Poor Put- it wouldnt have been alright if it wernt for that thing on your putter
(inspect putter face)
No the other end.

Leave it short - Throw you purse at it.

Good shot - Thats the Dog's

Shank - Hosel Rocket

We've all got them, we've all heard them, what are your favorites??

"That ball looks awfully THIRSTY..." (self-explanatory)

"Does your husband/boyfriend play golf?" (putt well short..)

I'm still new, but so far, one-word vulgarities seem to rule my vocabulary, and screamed very loudly.

Ones that start with "D" or "S" seem to be most prominant.

I'm still new, but so far, one-word vulgarities seem to rule my vocabulary, and screamed very loudly.

Jim Murray, the late and legendary L.A. Times sports reporter, once wrote a piece about golf that appeared in Playboy. I'll have to paraphrase:

"I hit two shits, a damn it and a shot for which there is no name."

After watching somebody put short, I usually blurt out "Nice stroke Sally, does your husband play?"

I prefer references to feminine hygiene products.

Note: This thread is 3144 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.