IGNORED

Whats your favorite golf slang term or saying..

XSup
Note: This thread is 3985 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Another one (not original - I think it's stolen from Lee Trevino): "The best balls I hit all day was when I stepped on a rake in the bumper!"

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Might have already posted this one... but when you crush a tee shot and your partner does not, as you go toward his ball you say, "Hey, did you know they were putting a new WalMart in here? First timers always take the bait and say, "no way... where?" And you say, "Between your ball and mine." Pretty heartless. When you are only a little bit in front you can say, "hmmm... only a sunglasses Kiosk." Sooner or later it will flip and you will hear all about the new WalGreens or such, to which you say, "Naw, just a Quickie Mart."

RC

Might have already posted this one... but when you crush a tee shot and your partner does not, as you go toward his ball you say, "Hey, did you know they were putting a new WalMart in here? First timers always take the bait and say, "no way... where?" And you say, "Between your ball and mine." Pretty heartless. When you are only a little bit in front you can say, "hmmm... only a sunglasses Kiosk." Sooner or later it will flip and you will hear all about the new WalGreens or such, to which you say, "Naw, just a Quickie Mart."

Haha - I like those.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

When a poor golfer makes an OK shot: "Well, I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while".

When you completely miss the ball: "I caught a FISH - F#@& It's Still Here".

Chipping in or making a long put for 8+: "That's like winning a gold medal at the Special Olympics".

10.5* 910D2 w/ Matrix Ozik X-Con 6
 R11 5 Wood w/ Matrix Radix HD7   910H 19* Hybrid 
 AP1 Irons 4-PW   Spin Milled 48*, 53*, 58*    California Del Mer 

Ones that I have coined, "what a hitter" it is a reference to "Martha Gooch" on the movie "A League of their Own", when ever a terrible looking shot pans out well.

And the "Forest Gump" or "box of chocolates" , nicknames for a club in the bag that gets random results every time I use it.

Playing hockey, is putting more than 3 times

Boomeranged it, a horrible slice

I am sure there is more....

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Haven't read the entire thread and I'm sure it's been said, but I love when someone comes up way short on a putt asking "does your husband play golf too?"

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

Knnccb ! :-d
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

Hmm, what can I add that's new.....

On a big drive .... "That's my Linda Ronstadt shot 'Blew By You!' "

Also on a big drive ... "Did you get lucky this morning?" and the response has to be "Not at our age".

And when your partner kicks your ball back after you get on in six ..."I hate to see a grown man cry".

That one was OBPLHA (pronounced OhBee-PaLosHa) -- meaning "Out of Bounds, Probably Lost, Hit Again."

RC

When a poor golfer makes an OK shot: "Well, I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while".

The Special Olympics must not mean anything to you, but it might to the competitors.

That is a tasteless joke, just sayin'.

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!

The Special Olympics must not mean anything to you, but it might to the competitors.

You are right. A lot of tasteless stuff gets said on the course that should probably stay there. I should have left that one in the bag.

10.5* 910D2 w/ Matrix Ozik X-Con 6
 R11 5 Wood w/ Matrix Radix HD7   910H 19* Hybrid 
 AP1 Irons 4-PW   Spin Milled 48*, 53*, 58*    California Del Mer 

When your buddy hits a worm burner or skys one, but still ends up in the fairway, and he is bummed, I will remind him to:

"Never belittle a ball in the middle!"

Callaway Diablo 13* Driver
Mizuno MX-700 20* hybrid
Mizuno MX-100 4-GW
Cleveland CG14 56* and 42* Niblick
Ping C67 Putter

When a bad shot turns out ok--worm burner rolls for miles, slice or hook hits something and comes back to the middle, etc.

I sometimes say "Crude- but effective"

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

You are right. A lot of tasteless stuff gets said on the course that should probably stay there. I should have left that one in the bag.

No harm done. I have a handicap daughter and that is something I never thought of before.

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!

I didn't want to go through all 18 pages, so if this has been posted already, my apologies...

Putting whipped cream on a pile of $hit! (making a long or difficult putt or chipping it in after a hack job in getting the ball on the green)

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Note: This thread is 3985 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!