IGNORED

What Do You Do for a Living?

iacas

I'm the sales manager for a regional voice/data carrier. I also do a bit of marketing for the company as well.

I played golf for the first time in at least 10 years a few months back as part of a networking event - I was horrible, but had a great time. I pulled my old clubs out of the garage (hand me downs my father gave me when I was in high school, I'm 36 now) and noticed my bag had definitely deteriorated. I told my wife I was going to try and pick up a new bag, so she surprised me with a new bag for Father's Day - and the new bag was filled with new clubs to boot!

I've never been in one of those positions at work where you go "make deals out on the course" but I'm almost wishing I was now. I try and get to the range at least 2-3 times per week, just trying to find my swing with my driver, and have played a few 9 hole games. I definitely haven't played enough to work out a handicap (and I don't think I want to yet!) but I'm really enjoying playing now.

Russ B.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welder/ Fabricator at Southwest Fabricators, they make over head feed bins for cattle feed or whatever. I am also a licensed plumbing contractor. When I moved to this area of Oklahoma I started my own business, it went well for a couple years, then just died down. With 2 kids starting college I needed to do something. So a friend of my step dad gave me a chance. Been with them a year in September. Love the steady paycheck and not having my phone blow up all the time. This area is very economically oppressed, so my wife and I are trying real hard to get our feet back on the ground so we can move back to the city (OKC) or maybe relocate to Colorado Springs, CO.

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

Technical Services Delivery Analyst, which is a hybrid of software QA person and project manager. I basically help ensure that my boss sleeps at night.
  • Upvote 1

TaylorMade Burner Driver (2009) 9.5 degree, Stiff
TaylorMade R7 3 Wood, Stiff 
Nike VR Pro Hybrid 21 degree, Stiff 
Mizuno MX23 4-PW, Rifle shafts, Reg
Nike SV 52-56-60 wedges (ILLEGAL!)
NeverCompromise mallet putter (OLD)
Srixon AD-333 or Titleist Pro V1