IGNORED

What Do You Do for a Living?

iacas

On 10/16/2015 at 11:27 PM, mvmac said:

Eventually found my way back into real estate and in the past several years I've been slowly growing my own real estate investment portfolio. Planning on some good things happening with this in the next year (expanding, bringing in partners).

Quick update because the plans have changed a little. It's been a busy start to the year with acquiring more properties, networking, traveling and doing a lot of due diligence. Through meeting some great people things have kind of evolved from a "buy and hold" strategy to now I've been offered an opportunity to join an investment banking firm. My focus will be on the syndicated/institutional real estate side of the business. So I've just started working on getting the securities licenses that are required.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

55 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Quick update because the plans have changed a little. It's been a busy start to the year with acquiring more properties, networking, traveling and doing a lot of due diligence. Through meeting some great people things have kind of evolved from a "buy and hold" strategy to now I've been offered an opportunity to join an investment banking firm. 

Don't forget about all us poor people. :-D

I am retired.  I'm 62, and I've been retired for 2 years. 

I helped a guy start a really weird little business 25 years ago.   We did well, and here I am. 

13 hours ago, Marty2019 said:

I am retired.  I'm 62, and I've been retired for 2 years. 

I helped a guy start a really weird little business 25 years ago.   We did well, and here I am. 

I hope to join you in 3 years. We were frugal and saved a lot. I'll be 59.

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I hope to join you in 3 years. We were frugal and saved a lot. I'll be 59.

Nice!

My wife and are are frugal, but haven't managed to save much of anything. What little we saved is going to pay college tuition for 2 kids. I'll be lucky to retire at the official age of 67. After 67, my dream jobs are to become a Walmart greeter and a course ambassador.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am a heavy equipment mechanic in the railyards at Union Pacific work on the over head cranes and by night I build race cars. All while still golfing 2-3 times a week 

My day job is in Commercial Real Estate finance as an Analyst.  I also coach soccer, play poker, and play golf anywhere but the fairway.  Anyone can play from the short grass, but it takes a true talent to play from the tall grass...or the sand...or the trees.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.