IGNORED

What Do You Do for a Living?

iacas

College student majoring in rhetoric and English. 

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a geek. Officially a Mobility Consultant. I help enterprises deploy and manage all kinds of smart devices. 

I get some flexibility to get out and hit the course during the week which is great. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm one of those home office web developers.  Currently neck deep in a mobile app project for a nonprofit.  Also learning some new web app framework or another at any given time.

Originally envisioned plenty of time to get out to the courses when I made the transition from hobbyist to full-timer.  Most definitely not, as I tend to get head-down absorbed in work all waking and some should be sleeping hours even when I -do- have available time to step away.  I like my work too much.

On 3/25/2016 at 0:21 PM, mvmac said:

Quick update because the plans have changed a little. It's been a busy start to the year with acquiring more properties, networking, traveling and doing a lot of due diligence. Through meeting some great people things have kind of evolved from a "buy and hold" strategy to now I've been offered an opportunity to join an investment banking firm. My focus will be on the syndicated/institutional real estate side of the business. So I've just started working on getting the securities licenses that are required.

Update to the update:

Passed my Series 22 and now studying for the 63. Long term I'll also be looking to get my real estate salesperson license and Series 7. For the past few months I've been focusing more on the marketing side of things. I've helped oversee the rebuilt/redesign of the firm's site (might have to do another one) and moving on to building our online marketing platform from scratch. Lead generation campaigns utilizing social media, landing pages, calls to action, email marketing, etc. If anyone has experience doing this I'd love the opportunity to pick your brain. 

I've created a lot of content but haven't been able to share it because the regulatory body that reviews our communications hasn't approved the new website yet. So with all that on hold I'm using the time to get my licenses. 

My wife is also part of the operation, she got her licenses just before summer and has been learning the ropes on the sales/advisor side and doing well. Basically what we do is help real estate investors who are tired of being landlords move them into hands-off real estate investments. A lot of our clients are located in California, bought real estate in the 80's-90's, want to sell but don't want to pay the capital gains. We "hold their hand" through the process, help them defer the taxes and allow them to "graduate" to large-scale, institutional grade real estate. The cool thing is my wife and I are investors ourselves and it's been a lot of fun to work with the clients and the sponsors (companies that offer/manage these real estate projects).

• Upvote 2

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

@mvmac Impressive!  I was a real estate broker for nearly thirty years. I used to have my own company, managed a few others and was president of a local community real estate board.  I had a few good years, and a lot of not so good years. At one time, was in the top 25 in California (in a particular franchise company), but you probably know more than I ever did at least from the investment side. I don't know what a series 7 or series 22 is, but I have been out of it for many years now having sold my last property in 1997. Oh, also did a stint in mortgage banking.

• Upvote 1

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

I'm an orthopedic PA who sees just about any musculoskeletal issue that walks, crawl, or rolls into our office. I love setting fractures, reducing dislocations, and doing surgery. Mostly, I like helping people get back to life and doing what they want to do after injuries.  

I'm working so that I can one day reach the pinnacle of our earthly lives in being a starter for a golf course wherein I fuss at young teenagers waiting to tee off while having the benefit of playing golf for free

• Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

I'm a Sales Engineer for an Industrial Connectors Company.  Based out of Columbus, OH, I travel all over the state of Ohio selling and designing solutions to industrial companies (mostly plastic injection plants).

• 4 weeks later...

Retired 12/31/15.

Trying to get in as much golf as possible. 

Purchased Lowest Score Wins.  Most helpful publication about golf I've ever read.

Been to Golf Evolution in Erie and met Eric.  Profited from that session.  Hope to do more.

• 3 weeks later...

I work as a marketing consultant for the most part but also own Nualgi, which is a water treatment solution that naturally removes algae. Started small with aquariums before moving into ponds and lakes and eventually....the OCEAN!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I've migrated over from freegolfinfo.com. I don't often post at any the three or four forums that I joined a decade or so ago. Generally I just follow interesting discussions but rarely post. I retired July 1st this year after a forty two year career as a Steamfitter/Pipefitter/Welder. Five years ago I played to a 10.3 index but only played 4 or 5 times a year for the past 4 seasons! Late this fall I played every three or four days for three weeks and there were positive signs that I might play in the mid-eighties more often. Winter put a stop to the season last Friday so I'll find out next Spring!

I am a marble installer, how exciting !!!haha. I work for Kitchen & Bath center (21yrs) Marble , cabinets and granite. My job is the reason i need MCC4 grips, thanks for being there Golf Pride. Im using golf as my mental retirement since there will be no physical retirement. Hit Em Good Yall !!

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

Time to update this. I switched jobs in August. I am now working for FirstEnergy in Akron, Ohio as a Transmission Line Engineer. I mostly work on design and conflict issues with 69 kV lines or above. This job requires me to know more on the structural side of engineering since we deal more on designing transmission facilities from substations to substations. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping: