iacas

What Do You Do for a Living?

5,559 posts / 682430 viewsLast Reply

I work for an Insurance Carrier in Ohio. I am a regional sales manager calling on our appointed independent insurance agencies in an effort to get them to write more business with us.

Edited by HooshnOhio

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

1 hour ago, HooshnOhio said:

I work for an Insurance Carrier in Ohio. I am a regional sales manager calling on our appointed independent insurance agencies in an effort to get them to write more business with us.

Welcome! I think @saevel25 is either a member at, or just plays a bunch at Firestone. I grew up about 10 minutes north of Akron as well. We had a member outing this past August in the Columbus area, I'm sure we will probably have another one somewhere either central Ohio or maybe Northeastern Ohio in the spring. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm a high school math teacher turned lawyer turned math tutor... now it's a perfect life!

I work in a hospital laboratory as a Medical Technologist. Our primary role is to perform tests with body fluids or other materials which assist in the diagnosis, treatment, and control of disease.

Retired since 2005.  Formerly CEO of Omega Performance, an international training company specializing in training for commercial bankers, previously VP of AchieveGlobal one of the largest training companies in the world at that time.

Hi again y'all - 

I posted to this thread a couple of years ago but have since sold my residential Kitchen & Bathroom remodeling business and am now excited to be combining my passions for residential design, construction, and golf by opening a Tour Greens dealership in Dallas/Ft. Worth (North Texas). We're part of a team that has specialized in building residential/community size practice greens. Putting greens, short-game facilities (up to +/- 90 yards) and even Par-3 facilities with synthetic surfaces capable of receiving shots up to 200 yards since 1996.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2019 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    • Make sure your turn rate matches up. If you don't turn, your shirt seam will be further "forward" than it should be. In other words, you could leave your elbow there and move the shirt seam rather than moving the elbow relative to the shirt seam.
    • Battery? You step on the front tire and pull up. Flip a lever, push a button… and it's done.
    • It takes me about 20-30 minutes to get to the course. Once I get there, I like to unwind from the drive. I don't rush in the parking lot. I go by the John Wooden quote, " Be quick, but don't hurry." I play fast on the course, but I have to be relaxed to do so, so the parking lot takes as long as it takes.
    • I had just a stretch day yesterday and overall felt pretty good, so I decided to go back to the range to hit some drill PWs, just so I could do some disciplined work on my swing and build some momentum hopefully towards lasting change. Keep in mind, I can't even break 90 right now. Not because of putting and short game which IMO are perfectly fine (for example, I shot an under par round at the Jupiter Lighthouse mini-golf course recently), but because I would just hit so many awful full swing shots, there's simply no way it would happen right now. The good news is, the range is a magical place for me despite all the frustrations that come with trying to change one's swing.  So face-on looks perfectly fine to me right now, especially given the scores I anticipate I would shoot if I stepped on the course:   BTW, I hope everyone is cool with vertical video. I used to poo-poo it, but since I read the site a lot on my phone, vertical vids are actually preferred for me, but I can stop doing that if it's frowned upon still. But yea, I know that's a drill swing, but it seems like it's fine given my ability level. DTL however is a bit of a different story. This is more or less a full swing. Well close enough anyway:   Yea, not as promising looking as FO is. That said, after I left I went to grab a bite, and while watching some swings at the table while waiting for my food I noticed this: Elbow shifts behind me in transition which probably is compromising some of what I'm trying to do. And I don't do it in softer drill swings. From that nice DTL driver swing from Monday: And I'm not necessarily trying to copy Tiger, but he's such a good model for so many things, I'm just going to remind myself what he looks like at this point too:   I will say, working my swing again has been both totally frustrating, totally fascinating, and a lot of fun 😄. It's interesting how on drill swings the elbow doesn't shift behind me, but it does on full swings. It's definitely something I need to pay attention to if I want the kinds of elbow positions that make it easier to swing the club on plane. I know Rory McIlroy and others have weird elbows and stuff and are fine, but since I'm such a crap golfer, I think it's probably a good idea to apply some conscious thought to this so it gradually goes away with practice and time. I'm otherwise still working on the same things: Steep shoulder pitch in backswing, dip torso in early downswing, bring arms down faster relative to the body, open/slide/extend knees and hips, and now... don't let my trail elbow shift behind me in the transition.  Hopefully I feel good enough to get back out to this range in a couple days. I got a two hour PT session though in an hour with some BFR therapy so hopefully I get through that well given how sore I am at the moment lol. Baby steps continue....   Edit: I just wanted to add that because I'm dynamically working on several things,especially during rehearsal swings in between actually hitting the ball, this experience will likely be a bit more frustrating than normal. I know these are a lot of changes to juggle. I just want to remind myself that frustration and bad shots and everything else are just a part of the game, and the faster I learn to accept that, the better off I will be.
    • I tend to follow my surroundings and flow with the course (if I have played it before) and don't bother with how long I take to setup. If nothing is rushed, then I am not rushed. I don't sit in the car too long or take a large amount of time getting my gear ready. I judge accordingly, but I really don't like to be rushed. I pay my hard earned money to play just like the next person does. It doesn't take long to setup my equipment and put my shoes on. I am always reasonably well prepared before I even get to the course so if need be, I can be quick on the go. I believe it is all about respect to people and fellow golfers in general. Of course there are those that carry great disrespect for others and could give a rip about anything which usually bring challenges to what may be a good golf game.  Some weeks ago, me and a buddy played a course and there was a foursome that were in front of us at the first Tee that actually warmed up and stretched on the Tee box delaying those behind them! There were no less than two groups waiting behind us. After quite a wait and seeing this was not going to change, we decided to start on the 10 hole and while we drove the cart over to 10 (we could see #1 tee box from 10) and got set up on the tenth hole we could see they still had not finished. What is really bad is we tee'd up and drove our balls and two of them were still not finished!
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Fourputt
      Fourputt
      (73 years old)
    2. Grizvok
      Grizvok
      (31 years old)
    3. laurakimberly
      laurakimberly
      (26 years old)
    4. Matt C
      Matt C
      (56 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...