IGNORED

What Do You Do for a Living?

I was in Enterprise software for years, moved over to cybersecurity 8 years ago. I finally reached my financial goals and retired July 4th. Now I practice golf daily and play 2-3 times weekly.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, a lot of IT guys............cough nerds cough..........just kidding, don't hurt me. I'm a college student, majoring in sororities if you catch my drift.

I'm a software/web consultant. I like looking through the server logs mid-day to see who's browsing the main site (we don't keep statistics on forum usage). It's always a bunch of people using thei

U.S Marine

Posted Images

I am a freelance AV tech. I spent 13 years with my previous company before being pushed out under the new management that eventually bankrupted the company within 2 years.  

Edited by mclaren4life

11 hours ago, mclaren4life said:

I am a freelance AV tech. I spent 13 years with my previous company before being pushed out under the new management that eventually bankrupted the company within 2 years.  

Sometimes being "Pushed Out" can be a good thing.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

23 minutes ago, StuM said:

Sometimes being "Pushed Out" can be a good thing.

Oh no doubt. I think it was the best thing that could have happened. I went from being on salary and giving away an average of 10-15 hours a week In OT to getting paid for all the hours I work. Also no more stress of being in charge of people. All I worry about now is my performance. No more asking for time off. I work when I want and if I need to be off I just don’t work that day.  

5 hours ago, mclaren4life said:

Oh no doubt. I think it was the best thing that could have happened. I went from being on salary and giving away an average of 10-15 hours a week In OT to getting paid for all the hours I work. Also no more stress of being in charge of people. All I worry about now is my performance. No more asking for time off. I work when I want and if I need to be off I just don’t work that day.  

Glad it is working for you.  I'm similar to you.  As long as I make sure my clients are covered & can do what I please.  On Monday @ 8am I got a call that a group needed a fourth for an outing at a really nice course and I was able to juggle the calendar and had a great day golfing a course I would not normally play.  

• 4 weeks later...

I am an Assistant Financial Center Manager at a large bank.  Can't visit much while at work other than from my phone!  Too busy making my client's financial lives better. 🙂

• 5 weeks later...

Retired from 38 years of management  in building materials industry. Wife too young to retire just yet. 6 months later I was back at work in the trenches at the County Road Commission. (Low stress, lots of PTO, great bennies, crap pay, but I'm getting paid to exercise, love it.)

Edited by Esox
Typo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am a semi retired 33 year pharmacist, owner of Geau Golf headcovers.  Live in Oregon, Play golf over 100 times a year.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I work as a Firefighter/Emt, along with running a small cattle operation as a hobby. Being a firefighter allows me 2 days out of every 3 for golf so I’ve gotta say it’s the best job around.....

• 2 weeks later...

Self employed Tv Technician / Custom Installer.

Semi retired( in other words I’m busy on golf days , 2/3 times a week ) 😀

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.