IGNORED

What Do You Do for a Living?

iacas

6 hours ago, DavidFitzsimmons said:

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Nobody pays me for anything I do. They pay me for what I used to do.

Welcome to TST, nice job 😀

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, DavidFitzsimmons said:

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Nobody pays me for anything I do. They pay me for what I used to do.

Welcome to TST. 

Well said. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• 6 months later...

I'm a truck driver and every now and then, I stop by a hospital or reference lab and repair a blood bank analyzer.  Well, at least that's how it feels. 😉  I'm actually a field service engineer for a blood bank analyzer company, but I spend as much time driving to accounts as in them.  My 3 1/2 year old pickup has 118k miles on it already. (We drive our own vehicles and get a stipend to make up for it.) I hope to be retired and a full-time golf bum in the not-to-distant future!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Retired twenty plus years, best job I ever had.

• Thumbs Up 2

Driver - Ping 410+ 12°, Fairway -TM Burner 5W, Hybrid - 3&4 TM Rescue dual, Irons -  Mizuno MX200 5-G, SW - Callaway X Tour, Putter - Odyssey 1W Versa

4 hours ago, gg194 said:

Retired twenty plus years, best job I ever had.

Welcome to The Sand Trap!

We like to get to know our members here on TST and one of the things that helps is when members choose a unique avatar for themselves. Please add one (here's a guide to help if you're not sure how). Thank you.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I'm a VP of User Experience (UX) at an ad agency

Driver: Ping G400 Max, 3w: Callaway Steelhead XR, 5W: Callaway Steelhead XR, 3 Hybrid: Callaway Steelhead XR, 4 Hybrid: Callaway Steelhead XR, 5 Hybrid Callaway Steelhead XR, 6-PW: Callaway Rogue, 56° wedge: Callaway Jaws, 60° Sand Wedge: Callaway XR, Putter: S2H2 Paul Runyon

• 2 weeks later...

Well, what I do for a living has changed a bit since I saw this thread.

I am still teaching, but I have moved to high school.  I now teach Marketing & Entrepreneurship for one period a day, and the rest of my day is spent building my new school's Work Based Learning program.

• Like 1

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

I’m a police detective, I’ll be retiring in the Spring of 2022. I played about 5-10 rounds a year and really started getting serious this year. I’m enjoying myself and looking forward to improving. I usually break 100, but not by much! And it can be either side of that number, normally south of it though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigsean115 said:

I’m a police detective, I’ll be retiring in the Spring of 2022. I played about 5-10 rounds a year and really started getting serious this year. I’m enjoying myself and looking forward to improving. I usually break 100, but not by much! And it can be either side of that number, normally south of it though.

Welcome to TST and thank you for your service to your community.   You'll enjoy retirement, it's the best job I've had!  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

6 minutes ago, Sapper said:

In the US Army. 18 1/2 years. So close to retirement. Currently in Washington State. Great golf course out here with great views 

Thank you for your service! And welcome to TST

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

I'm a mechanical engineer, working for an engineering firm that provides product development services, everything from concept through production- parts of it or all of it, whatever the client needs. Working from home most of the time these days.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Cayleb00 said:

I work on a weld line in a factory, kinda sucks. I'm on 2nd shift wich also sucks, I hate rushing rounds and outings in the morning. Looking for something better but it is what it I right now. 

Welcome to TST.   We're glad you've joined!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny