IGNORED

What Do You Do for a Living?

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, a lot of IT guys............cough nerds cough..........just kidding, don't hurt me. I'm a college student, majoring in sororities if you catch my drift.

I'm a software/web consultant. I like looking through the server logs mid-day to see who's browsing the main site (we don't keep statistics on forum usage). It's always a bunch of people using thei

U.S Marine

Posted Images

I am a New Zealander living in London. Working for a stockbroking firm.

In my bag:
Tileist 907 D2 - 10.5 deg BUY YOU STIFF SHAFT
Sonartech 2.25 15 deg
Mizuno MP Fli Hi - 18 deg
Titleist 755 3 - pw
Titleist Spin milled wedges 56 deg, 60 deg
Scotty Cameron Newport putter

Hmm, weird, I could have sworn I posted on here yesterday evening.
Anyway, until playing golf pays the bills, I work as an ecommerce developer, helping small business owners sell their products and services online.

Well, I don't want to put the cart before the horse...Then again why would anyone do that? Seems kind of dumb. Anyway, I have been unhappy at work for a while now. It has been all encompassing of my life for too long so I decided to do something about it.

OK, sorry for the long post, but here is a little back story. I am an Exercise Physiologist and I run two health clubs. One of them, where I spend most of my time, is a small personal training studio. It has not been my job that I disliked as much as the overbearing owner. Not only am I the General Manager of his clubs, I also help him run his other two companies and act as a personal assistant of sorts. So I have like 20 jobs and get paid less than I should for one.

We have started negotiations for me to buy the club from him. We have the dollar ammount set, now we are just trying to arrange the financing. We have a few clients that are very affluent. We're talking $500 mil+ net worths. One in particular is a very good candidate to loan the money. It will basically come down to the terms. I know what the company can afford per month and I don't want to stretch it too far. The economy is still way down in Michigan and personal training is a luxury item. Fortunately we have a great clientelle and I have great relationships with them and the staff.

I plan to do a mini overhaul of the club by leasing some new equipment, putting up a couple LCD TV's and replacing some torn carpet with rubber flooring. After that I will be promoting the upgrades to the general public and more importantly our former clients.

If all goes well it will be like buying my life back. I will be able to take a vacation, play more golf and do stuff with my family. It will also mean a $10,000 raise right away and even more if my plan works.

Wish me luck and watch my index drop next year when I can actually go practice without worrying if my boss will be calling me.