IGNORED

2021 (2020) Ryder Cup

jmanbooyaa
Note: This thread is 833 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2021 Ryder Cup  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2021 Ryder Cup?

• Europe
    • U.S.A.
    • Tied (Europe Retains)

34 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

They really didn't get that there's a difference between Pro V1 and Pro V1x earlier? That seems really strange. Aren't there differences between some Pro V1 models, though? Like left arrow or right arrow or something like that? I would get confusing that, but confusing V1 and V1x seems really amateurish.

If I am reading this correctly it seems they weren't necessarily unaware of the performance difference between the models (V1 vs. V1x) but rather they noticed the ball difference bit late in the process, i.e., the eve of the start. And then hasty pairing changes were made.

I would think this has got to be be a routine issue for RC foursome pairings though. For eg. Rory and Poulter play different brands AFAIK. Also, I didn't know this was a major consideration in pairing choices, i.e., any pro who plays a V1 could fairly easily adjust to V1x and vice versa. Of course easy for a weekend hacker to say but is it really that much of an issue..?? Ha ha... 

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Harris English had a last-minute grip repair to his putter:

HarrisEnglishGrip-1856-Wall.jpg

Harris English detailed the last-minute putter grip change he was forced to make at the Ryder Cup on the Fore the People podcast.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

11 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Of course easy for a weekend hacker to say but is it really that much of an issue..?? Ha ha... 

I would say quite a big difference, on a driver shot it's the carry that would hurt or into a green you won't get the same control. But for us hackers not much to worry about where not playing for our country lol...

1 hour ago, Colins69 said:

I would say quite a big difference, on a driver shot it's the carry that would hurt or into a green you won't get the same control. But for us hackers not much to worry about where not playing for our country lol...

Yeah, but wouldn't they rather play with the right partner over three yards of carry distance? Isn't the chemistry y'all's calling card? Just sayin'. 😊

• Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.

With such a wide margin of victory not sure the ball or partners would have mattered. That is a lot of points to make up. They got throttled. 

• Thumbs Up 1

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• Administrator
3 hours ago, jmanbooyaa said:

With such a wide margin of victory not sure the ball or partners would have mattered. That is a lot of points to make up. They got throttled. 

Padraig downplayed this a bit in a recent interview. He was surprised that it was made a big deal… he didn't think it was one.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Padraig downplayed this a bit in a recent interview. He was surprised that it was made a big deal… he didn't think it was one.

He also gave the Euro team credit for teaching the Americans how to win a RC. We were lucky to learn such valuable information.😳

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• 2 months later...
Note: This thread is 833 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!