IGNORED

2021 (2020) Ryder Cup

jmanbooyaa
Note: This thread is 837 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2021 Ryder Cup  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2021 Ryder Cup?

• Europe
    • U.S.A.
    • Tied (Europe Retains)

36 minutes ago, Colins69 said:

I'm living proof that you don't need to be the best ball striker to win a match play competition

No, just in that match you didn’t.😀

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

27 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

No, just in that match you didn’t.😀

Hmmm I realized that match play was hole by hole and having 6 strokes on a par 4 was just loss of one hole and didn't matter like it did of the stick which I couldn't win, I really like match play because I won alot of the time....

• Administrator

• Funny 3

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Imagine if Brooks had tweeted that…

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator

I'm completely on the other side of the "brilliant move" by the Euros today:

I think it was a stupid move. They look like morons, their move is SUPER transparent, and half of the spectators might be Bears fans.

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Odd move to gain support. They even went with Packers colors. No chance fans are switching over getting a cheese hat thrown to them in stands. 

Golf Digest writer does not share the same opinions as I. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• Administrator
1 minute ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Odd move to gain support. They even went with Packers colors. No chance fans are switching over getting a cheese hat thrown to them in stands. 

And it's being hailed as some great move, like the stupid spaceman astronaut mannequin thing. Has a European ever even gone to outer space, or have they all been Russians and Americans? 🙂 (Mostly joking, as I'm sure there have been, on the International Space Station or something.)

I think it's dumb.

Waiting for Friday morning. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

Pretty cheesy🥴

• Like 1

And when the Euros lose they can have some whine with that cheese. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Colins69 said:

I think it’s funny as f’’

No surprise you guys don’t get it lol

There's not much to "get." They think they're geniuses. It's a dumb move.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Colins69 said:

U say that because you’ve no idea, as I said funny as…

Yeah, no.

36 minutes ago, Colins69 said:

U say that because you’ve no idea, as I said funny as…

I’m not sure you have an idea. Or maybe you do…but funny? Nah.

They’re having a bit of fun… Someone is taking this too serious. And what some guy on Twitter calls it doesn’t mean that was their intention. Does anyone believe the European team thought they would win a bunch of new fans in USA, playing against USA, by wearing silly hats? 🙄

The golf is serious when they get started playing, but this is also an opportunity to have some fun in a team event they rarely get to participate in.

Team Europe captain Padraig Harrington explained the move was to provide some fun for the fans and to show their appreciation for the Wisconsin crowd.

"When we were doing the clothing with Loro Piana, they were talking about maybe bringing some Irish colours in for me," said Harrington.

"I'm not really into that sort of stuff, so I came up with why don't we do something with Wisconsin. Obviously the Green Bay Packers fit both the Irish and the Green Bay Packers, and then the cheeseheads came in and a bit of fun with it".

"Look, it's lighthearted. You want it that way in practice. It's somewhat respectful of obviously the Green Bay Packers, and they were very much on board with this, so a bit of fun and we got a nice reception with it. That's kind of what you want on the practice days."

https://www.skysports.com/golf/ryder-cup/news/26733/12414595/ryder-cup-2020-europe-turn-on-cheesehead-charm-with-green-bay-packers-tribute-at-whistling-straits

Edited by Zeph
  • Thumbs Up 2

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

They can't win fans but they're prolly trying to dull the 'root against'. 

3 hours ago, Colins69 said:

Ok guys you don't get it no biggie, I still think USA will lose with all the trippy stuff going on lol....

Here's wishing you some much needed good luck.. Like muuuuch needed. Y'all should be setting up a 'luck drive' tent for donations. 

• Funny 1

Vishal S.

Note: This thread is 837 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!