IGNORED

2021 Solheim Cup

Wanzo
Note: This thread is 955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Well unfortunately after watching the video a few times it’s just one of those ‘porked’ moments. Euro picked up the ball 7sec after it stopped. It was too close to do that. When the Euros argued that ‘ it wasn’t going in’ well, then why not just wait the full time allotted? Just let Korda pick it up. Sucks, but that’s the rule.

It’s not ten seconds.

It’s ten seconds plus a reasonable time to reach the ball.

And it’s only because it was possibly overhanging.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

29 minutes ago, iacas said:

It’s not ten seconds.

It’s ten seconds plus a reasonable time to reach the ball.

And it’s only because it was possibly overhanging.

Yes I know that. Korda went down to the ground after missing the putt. But I done think it was an unreasonable time until she headed to the ball. I was just saying Euro picked up the ball 7sec after it stopped. She should’ve just let Korda get the ball. It was just a slip/goof.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

It wasn't overhanging...it really wasn't close. Sagstrom botched it, but I kind of dig the flavor....like a Seve, "you didn't make it, gtfo" kind of vibe when she shuffled the ball away.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

It woukd be a shame if the outcome of the Soldhiem cup were decided by a rules official with stop watch instead of the play out the course. As long as no group is  actually  holding up another group and actually affecting the place of play, the rules officials need to put their stop watches where the sun doesn't shine and let them play golf.

• Booooooooo 1

16 minutes ago, 308 Ragin Cajun said:

It woukd be a shame if the outcome of the Soldhiem cup were decided by a rules official with stop watch instead of the play out the course. As long as no group is  actually  holding up another group and actually affecting the place of play, the rules officials need to put their stop watches where the sun doesn't shine and let them play golf.

It would be more of a shame if the EU team lost because Sagstrom didn’t know the rule. She violated the rule, not the official. Don’t blame the officials for doing their job.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

As I watch the replay of the morning action. I have noticed how poorly Lexi Thompson putts. Why has her coaches never focused more on this? Maybe take the glove off work on alignment. It just seems so odd that someone so talented is just not better once on the greens. Maybe I am wrong just seems like see misses a lot of short putts that seem very make able that her playing partners or competitors don’t miss. It must be very frustrating. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I am watching the replay of Sundays fourball matches., and there are 2 matches"on the clock". It would be a shame if the outcome of the Solheim Cup was decided by a rules official with a stop watch. As long as no one group is holding up another group or affecting the pace of play,. the officials need to put their stop watches in their pcoket and let the players play golf.

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, 308 Ragin Cajun said:

I am watching the replay of Sundays fourball matches., and there are 2 matches"on the clock". It would be a shame if the outcome of the Solheim Cup was decided by a rules official with a stop watch. As long as no one group is holding up another group or affecting the pace of play,. the officials need to put their stop watches in their pcoket and let the players play golf.

Nope. One of the rules is that you play quickly. If by playing slowly you negatively affect your team, that's not allowed. Other sports have shot clocks or play clocks. Even other games do, like chess.

Golf is no different here. Follow the Rules. Play without significant delay.

Slow play aggravates other players, spectators… it's almost entirely selfish.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

It wasn't overhanging...it really wasn't close.

60D12AB7-D314-49B2-B0E5-82465CAD28F6.jpeg

Looks like it could be overhanging to me. It’s definitely not “really wasn’t close.”

• Thumbs Up 3

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, billchao said:

60D12AB7-D314-49B2-B0E5-82465CAD28F6.jpeg

Looks like it could be overhanging to me. It’s definitely not “really wasn’t close.”

Yeah. Just too close for it to be picked up. Kinda weird she bothered to do it at all. Almost like she was thinking ‘ I better grab this ball before something happens.’ 🥴

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Yeah. Just too close for it to be picked up. Kinda weird she bothered to do it at all. Almost like she was thinking ‘ I better grab this ball before something happens.’ 🥴

Yea complete mental gaffe. She should have let Korda pick it up.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

General question:  WHAT IS THE TOTAL YARDAGE BEING PLAYED IN THE SOLHEIM CUP?  I have read "6902 yards," but it’s not clear to me that’s the yardage the women are actually playing.  If so, it’s roughly equivalent to the men's Gold Tees.  Right?

93C58534-278A-457D-B14E-0D92CD604039.png

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Southern by Choice said:

General question:  WHAT IS THE TOTAL YARDAGE BEING PLAYED IN THE SOLHEIM CUP?  I have read "6902 yards," but it’s not clear to me that’s the yardage the women are actually playing.  If so, it’s roughly equivalent to the men's Gold Tees.  Right?

They don't really say, because they move the tees around day to day. The third hole is 202 today, I guess. That's the Silver tee up above.

• Administrator
ally-ewing-nelly-korda.jpg

The walking official made the right call. Balls overhanging a cup do fall. The rules give you 10 seconds for a reason.

• Like 1

They sure do! We’ve all seen Caddy Shack!

• Administrator

Congrats to Europe.

I enjoyed this Solheim Cup. Still just not a fan of Thompson but it was pretty damn entertaining. I know it can be polite but from now on I think I’d just ask the players to pick up their own balls.

Just finished watching. Disappointing loss for us. Congrats to Europe on back to back wins.  I may have more to say later regarding  the play of some but may not. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Note: This thread is 955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!