IGNORED

Most Birdies in a Round? Post Yours (Poll)

Borf
Note: This thread is 3438 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Whats the most birdies you have made in a round? (count eagle as a single birdie)

• 12+

Originally Posted by bwdial

The most birdies I've ever had over a nine hole stretch was three.  That round also included the only back to back birdies that I've ever had.  And, not surprisingly, that round of 18 also contained the most birdies I've ever made in a round - four.

That was a good day.

My record is also 3 for 9, and 4 for 18, also on the same round. (No back-to-backs though - don't think I've ever done that.)  It was the first time I broke 90 (shot an 88).

It was especially memorable because the last hole was in the dark... Couldn't see the ball once it left the clubface on either my drive or approach shot, just had to hope I would find it, and I did.

Bill

9 holes:   5 birdies turned into a -4 32.

18 holes:  I've made 7 birdies before, but my best was a round with 6 birdies and 1 eagle......shot my career low round that day....-4 68.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I've had 3 on 9, and 3 on 18. On the 9 hole round I ended up with a 37 (course slope=120). Been trying to re-create that ever since.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 Birdies in 9 holes. I shot -6 for that 9. I had 4 birdies on my back 9 just today.

10 Birdies for 18 holes. Finished at only -7 for that round, doubled 17 :(. Here's the card. Three friends and I were playing a better ball match. As you can see, everyone was kinda hot that day...

8-3-11 Scorecard.JPG

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I've had 3 birdies in 9 holes before.

I made a snaking 40 footer on the par 4 3rd, followed that up with a wedge to about 3 feet on the par 5 4th for another and then made a curling 10 footer on the short par 3 8th for the third birdie.

It was four ball better ball match play and I was the high handicapper in the group which led to quite a bit of (good natured) muttering of bandit etc.

5 on a nine before and 6 total in the same round. Only shot 70 that day . Usually my game is carving out a lot of pars with a lot of GIR's.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Best is 5 birdies on the trot on the front 9. Also 4 birdies and an eagle, again on the front 9. Had 5 birdies on the back 9 once... pity I've not put those scores together in one round. Twice had 6 birdies in a round. Lowest round total is a 65, 6 under, made up of 6 birdies and 12 pars.

Not shot anything like that for at least 5 years, and not had an eagle for a couple of years now.

Four birdies in nine holes.

Bogeyed the other five.

Added one more on the back.

Brad Eisenhauer

In my bag:
Driver: Callaway Hyper X 10° | Fairway Wood: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3W (15°) | Hybrid: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3 (20°)
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-PW | Wedges: GigaGolf Tradition SGS Black 52°, 56°, 60° | Putter: GigaGolf CenterCut Classic SP3

Ball: Titleist ProV1x or Bridgestone B330S

3 birdies in 9 holes, 5 birdies in 18.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Had 5 birdies and 4 pars on front for 31, proceeded to birdie #10 from 15 feet with the short, 500 yard par 5 11th on deck.  My previous low round was a 68 and all I could think of was how low I was gonna' go.  Promptly bogeyed 11 and continued in that fashion wrapping up the back nine with a smooth 40.  I don't know that I have ever been that disappointed leaving a course.

Driver: TaylorMade r7 460 / 11.5 degrees
Irons: Titleist 822 OS (4, 5, 6)  Titleist 962 (7, 8, 9, P, G)
Putter: Tear Drop
Ball: Precept Laddie
Wedges: Golfsmith Snake Eyes 56 degrees / 60 degrees

18 Hole Low:  67   /  9 Hole Low:  31

I have had 3 birdies on a single nine a few times this year, all under comp conditions. I also have had 5 birdies for 18 (my last one just 2 weeks ago) on most of those days. Unfortunately, I had a whole other thing going on the other holes so a chance at a PB was never a chance. Its funny, my PB of -1 only included 2 birdies. Had a real issue with the putter that day with 16 GIR.

I have had three birdies during 18 several times, and a birdie and an eagle once.

I have had back-to-back birdies three times in my life. The last time I did this, I was in an auto accident three days later and I missed most of the season with a sore back.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I know this is a tad bit off topic, but it relates to the "most birdies" topic.  I've birdied 4 consecutive holes which is nuts for an AM hack. I birdied-in from 15....that was fun!!  I shot 36 going out and was +2 standing on 15 tee....then finished birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie to shoot a 2 under par 70.   FELT GOOD!!

PS

It even felt good typing the words 'birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie' above!!!!  hahaha

What's in Paul's Bag:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

I know this is a tad bit off topic, but it relates to the "most birdies" topic.  I've birdied 4 consecutive holes which is nuts for an AM hack. I birdied-in from 15....that was fun!!  I shot 36 going out and was +2 standing on 15 tee....then finished birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie to shoot a 2 under par 70.   FELT GOOD!!

PS

It even felt good typing the words 'birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie' above!!!!  hahaha

As an AM, I once had 5 in a row in a fourball better ball tournament. Not as exciting as your finish as I managed the feat on holes 4 through 8. My partner had a complete off day, I shot 67 and our better ball score was .... 67!

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

Originally Posted by The_Pharaoh

As an AM, I once had 5 in a row in a fourball better ball tournament. Not as exciting as your finish as I managed the feat on holes 4 through 8. My partner had a complete off day, I shot 67 and our better ball score was .... 67!

Hahahaha....... "thanks pard" .....I bet you heard "THAT" alllllllllll day!!!

What's in Paul's Bag:

A lot of birdies for most of you guys.

I two-putt too much

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

3 on the 9, and 5 on the day.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Note: This thread is 3438 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!