IGNORED

Most Birdies in a Round? Post Yours (Poll)

Borf
Note: This thread is 3460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Whats the most birdies you have made in a round? (count eagle as a single birdie)

• 12+

I made 6 birdies and an eagle during my career low round.  The result was -4 68.    I still think about a bonehead double bogey I made from just off the green that day.....LOL   I made 1 bonehead double and two bogeys that day.......the other 15 holes were good ones

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by bplewis24

I'd like to get more specific with this post:

If you can remember, what would you say your avg made-putt distance was for your birdies in these rounds?  I'm curious as to how many just had a putter that was on fire vs folks who were flag hunting that day.

For me, it was a little of both.  The longest putt I made was <20ft.    I reached 3 par fives in two and had 2-2putt birdies and my eagle was from about 10ft.  The rest of my birdies were from inside of <20ft although I may have hit 1 or 2 from inside of 10ft.  I do remember that I didn't hit any approaches stiff, but I had a ton of good looks from a comfortable distance and the putter was HOT.  I also had a few lip-outs that day.......I got robbed!!  LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

1 birdie in my lifetime! I'm only 18 though and only really started taking golf seriously this year. I've had dozens of birdie putts but my putting is terrible!

Best part about the birdie was that I beat my dad for the first time with that putt. On a 160yard par 3, downhill putt

Three for me - it's happened twice or thrice - last occurrence was summer 2011 when I shot my lowest score of 82.  I average one or two birdies (total) over 4-5 rounds/month.

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

I'D say my average distance for each putt that day was 8 feet.  Had 1 tap in the rest were all from about 8-10 feet.  I had 25 putts that round so obviously my putter was red hot but i also hit 75 percent of fairways but only 50 percent of the greens.  Shot 70.  I did birdie all 4 par 5's.  I thought that was pretty badass lol.

Drivers: Titleist 913 D2 Aldila phenom
Fairway Woods: Titleist 910F-d
Fairway Woods: Titleist 909 F3 or

Hybrid: Taylormade tp 18 or Mp fli hi 2 iron 
Irons: Mizuno MP-52 3-pw
Wedges: TaylorMade RAC Z TP
Putters: Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #2
Golf Bags: Titleist Blue cart bag

Shoes: Footjoy Dry joys

Golf Balls: Titleist Pro v1x

If you can remember, what would you say your avg made-putt distance was for your birdies in these rounds?  I'm curious as to how many just had a putter that was on fire vs folks who were flag hunting that day.

In my four-birdie round:

I started with a pretty lucky 35-footer on hole #1.

The other three were 1 foot, 4 feet and 8 feet.  One of those (the four footer) was a 2-putt birdie on a par 5 from about 40 feet.

Avg: 12.00

Brandon

In all honesty, three of the four were tap ins.  It wasn't that I was flag-hunting, but those flags were right in the middle of the green.  The first and second were solid shots that stayed right on line, and I probably got lucky with my distance control.  The third one was a lucky three iron that I thinned, and it rolled up to the hole.  The fourth birdie was probably an eight foot putt.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In one round I have had:

7 birdies (shot 66)

6 birdies and an eagle (shot 67)

4 birdies and 2 eagles. (shot 65)

The 6 birdies and an eagle was in the Member Guest at my course last year. The incredible thing is they yielded no skins! Some guy shot 84 with one birdie and walked away with the entire skin pot, nearly $400

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

a pathetic 4 is my best..started birdie, birdie, birdie, par, double, par, birdie through 7 holes and shot 34 on the front (playing in-ka-meep in south central british columbia)....no more birdies the rest of the way......between hole 10 and 11 i stopped to take a piss and was looking back over my shoulder bull-shi*ting with my budies and stepped within 6 inches of a rattler sunning himself.....blood pressure was up for the next 3 holes i swear

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

• 4 months later...

6 birdies today...much more fun posting in this thread than the worst round ever thread I posted in last week.

Hit 13 greens, not counting 1 just off the fringe where I three putted for 6 and another where I landed on the green but it rolled back off the front and left me with a chip/pitch

Made birdies (approximate distance in feet):

30 (par 3)

5 (par 4)

35 (par 4)

5 (par 4)

15 (par 3)

15 (par 5)

Missed birdie putts:

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Nice putting.  Was that one of your best rounds or near a personal best?

Putting was good, but I still had 2 three putts from on the green and another one from just off...the greens rolled very true today.

I shot a 74 (+3) as I made a quad on #9 when the wind shifted as I swung from downwind to across and blew a decent shot out (it may have hit a tree or taken a kick because I thought it would be ok and one of the guys in the group "guaranteed" that it was fine as it was less off line than his and he was sure he was in bounds- I was out by about a foot and I think he was out by about 10 feet.)

I shot a 73 during the forward tee experiment, but that was 600-700 yards shorter.  This tied my low round this season from the white tees which I have only played 18 about 4 times.  That round I hit 15 greens but did not make as many birdies (4 against 1 triple).

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

3 for me several times.

A few weeks ago, 1 eagle (hole out from 170 yds) + 1 birdie. Missed a couple makeable birdie putts that round. Shot 74 (playing white tees @ 6150 yds with 15-20 mph winds) but got up and down from the ball washer a couple times too.

1, hehe. I hit a great, beautiful and most importantly, intended draw shot from 117 out with my AW and it landed, spun back and left and ended up half a foot from the hole. My best birdie yet! (I've only had 3 ever, lol)

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Performance Driver

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Perfomance 15° 3W

18° Burner 1.0 Superlaunch Rescue Hybrid

:mizuno: 4-PW MP-69 Irons

50°, 54° & 58° ATV wedges

Classic Collection #1 Black Putter

:bridgestone: Tour B330 Balls

2013 Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder w/ Jolt Technology

You don't know what pressure is until you play for five bucks with only two bucks in your pocket. -Lee Trevino

Note: This thread is 3460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!