IGNORED

What's My Next Shot After This Tee Shot?

xcelrr8
Note: This thread is 936 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 minute ago, iacas said:

You can't use "reasonable judgment" to determine if your ball is in a PA. If virtually certain it is in the PA, you can use reasonable judgment to determine where to drop.

I exactly understand that "Virtually Certain" applies to whether or not the ball entered the PA and and said as much:

6 minutes ago, StuM said:

In the OP I am not struggling at all with being "Virtually Certain" the ball was in the hazard.  It seems to me both the player & his opponents all felt very confident it was in the PA.

My question is can I "Guess where it went into the PA" and consider that "Guess" to be "Reasonable Judgement" of where it entered the PA?  To me "Reasonable Judgement" would be "I saw it cross into the PA near this dead tree" (or similar) NOT "I am unsure where in the next 50 yards it crossed into the PA but I guess it crossed here".  

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, StuM said:

My question is can I "Guess where it went into the PA" and consider that "Guess" to be "Reasonable Judgement" of where it entered the PA?  To me "Reasonable Judgement" would be "I saw it cross into the PA near this dead tree" (or similar) NOT "I am unsure where in the next 50 yards it crossed into the PA but I guess it crossed here".  

It's not a straight guess. You have information: the way the ball flew, the contours of the ground, the shape of the penalty area…

• Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

It's not a straight guess. You have information: the way the ball flew, the contours of the ground, the shape of the penalty area…

OK, I may be making this one harder than it is.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

11 hours ago, StuM said:

OK, I may be making this one harder than it is.

The important thing is you and your playing partners should be watching each other’s shots. This is the best way to be virtually certain and to ascertain where the ball entered the hazard. This is especially true in competition.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 936 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!