IGNORED

Masters: Tradition and Snobbery

g-funk13
Note: This thread is 5838 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I can't believe you are this naive. Let me be clear. I fully understand that Augusta is a private course. That said, the club's policy for membership is men only. Is that so difficult for you to understand? For you to say that's it's policy is not to prohibit inclusion based on gender is WRONG. I can't believe you're even defending this.

It is not the policy to prohibit anyone. Do you have a copy of the National Membership Policy in front of you? You dont and neither do I. However, Hootie told Martha this......the National does not have a policy to exclude anyone from membership. The membership choose who they want to be in as members and that is that. As a private club, that is their perrogerative. There are plenty of other organizations that are privately run that do not allow whites, blacks, men, women, or whoever. People look at the National's membership as elitist and it made me proud to see them tell Martha and her 15 other protestors to move on down the road.

No 2 you said, in a previous post, that there is no racism at Augusta. How can you prove that? Can you? Of course you can't. That was my rebuttal. You can't prove something you don't know. Augusta, at one point, did not allow black members. It also made it difficult for black Tour players. This is a fact. How much proof do you need? Do you want me to send Lee Elder to your home?

Wrong, come with facts or go back to your local muni and spread that crap around to your friends there (the ones that are probably all middle aged white men). I acknowledge that racism exists EVERYWHERE in the world and I am sure that there is a member or two that has used the "n" word on occassion. Again, the National did not have a policy not to include black members, they just didn't have them. Boo hoo.

Full of compost. Yes, your dad was a member and you love the place. Just don't act like a homer and be blind to its attitude towards women and people of color.

I would love to know your insider information that clearly states the National's policy and attitude towards women and people of color. Try to educate yourself before you show your ignorance.

What's in my bag:

G5 10.5 degree Driver
G5 3 wood
G5 3-PWTour 52, 56 & 60 degree wedgesPro V1 weapons of mass destructionPinseeker 1500 Rangefinder

• Administrator

Basher, you do realize that when you "report post" your username is sent along with the report that's emailed to the moderators and admins, right?

You took a bunch of, IMHO, well deserved hits and then you reported the posts of those who disagreed with you and your statements? Did you think it was anonymous?

It's clear some of y'all can't control yourselves on topics like this. The end.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5838 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!