IGNORED

Want to #GetInGEARS? Yes!

iacas

It’s looking really nice @iacas! What a great idea to do this. 

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Great summary. Thanks.

27 minutes ago, iacas said:

GEARS will show you a TON of data if you want (I should film a video where I turn EVERYTHING on and play back a video

This would be a cool demonstration of the system's capability.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

Great summary. Thanks.

This would be a cool demonstration of the system's capability.

Thing is you can't even see everything, because (for example) the trail elbow bend is currently a number on the side of the display, not graphically represented on the avatar.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

The students get access to a wealth of data in their "Web Locker." They're given all six views of every swing captured, with data, charts, graphs, etc. They can load up a PGA Tour player to compare it, download the videos, and do all sorts of things.

Interesting. This was not offered by the AMG guys. They said that their internet is too slow when I asked about getting a copy or something I could look at.

Thanks for the summary. 

• Confused 1

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

4 hours ago, iacas said:

GEARS is research grade for club data. Accurate to within 0.2mm. It'll tell you the exact loft, lie angle, etc. of the head at impact. It'll tell you how much shaft droop and kick it had. Etc. It'll be great for club fitting, but also it'll be great for just pointing out what people do to their golf clubs (or how they react to how their clubs are built) within a lesson.

I'm planning to get fit for new irons next spring and this is intriguing. Is there a leg up you can give here over traditional fitters? Can we use this in concert with their fitting tools to improve the process? Or am I overthinking this? Probably a bit of both.

-Chris Brooks

I've blogged about my wanderings since 2003. I love roaming throughout the USA looking for remote public golf courses to play.

Just FYI, I would be fine with standard off the rack spec AP2s or similar. GIs fine. Even blades fine. Don't think any of these will affect my 'dynamics' from my normal to any appreciable level.        

Vishal S.

54 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Just FYI, I would be fine with standard off the rack spec AP2s or similar. GIs fine. Even blades fine. Don't think any of these will affect my 'dynamics' from my normal to any appreciable level.        

Same here. I was hoping to not have to deal with the hassle of traveling with golf clubs.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

18 hours ago, coachjimsc said:

Interesting. This was not offered by the AMG guys. They said that their internet is too slow when I asked about getting a copy or something I could look at.

What? ...

I know that feel ain't always real. But that "feels" pretty shady to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator
21 hours ago, coachjimsc said:

As I mentioned at the time, that's a bit of a bummer. You can even download the separate movie files, etc. that I put together for that "goofing around" video.

18 hours ago, Chris Brooks said:

I'm planning to get fit for new irons next spring and this is intriguing. Is there a leg up you can give here over traditional fitters? Can we use this in concert with their fitting tools to improve the process? Or am I overthinking this? Probably a bit of both.

I don't have clubs with which to fit you, though. You could, and maybe I'll start a topic on this, but in short, Michael's position is that:

• Longer irons have more shaft droop (they're swung faster and the shaft is longer while staying ~ the same weight). So they droop more and the face points more right than the club with which you were fit (nowadays often a 7I).
  • Wedges have less shaft droop (swung slower, shorter shaft), so the face points a bit left of your fit-for 7I.
17 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Thanks. I'll make a blade for me, I'm almost certain. And I'll get faster at the stuff. For those of you doing the longer sessions, we'll absolutely use your clubs. This is more about the people wanting a one-hour session.

@coachjimsc did you use your own club? There are two of them, though, so that's a plus.

16 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

Same here. I was hoping to not have to deal with the hassle of traveling with golf clubs.

I'd think you'd want to bring about four:

• Driver
  • 6I or 7I
  • Wedge (for short game stuff)
  • Putter (SAM PuttLab, etc.).

I'm happy to provide them if you need them, but ideally you'd have yours for obvious reasons.

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

What? ...

They need a good enough Internet connection to verify their license every time the software starts up, I think.

Even on DSL, we could have uploaded the data. A lot of it is just movie files.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

@coachjimsc did you use your own club? There are two of them, though, so that's a plus.

Yes my own clubs. 7 iron and Driver.

Jim Morgan

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

What? ...

Yeah they seem like stand up guys so I'm not sure.

I have seen on some of their YouTube in person lesson videos people ask the same question and they gave the same answer about the internet speed.

Busy guys, so I got the feeling they just didn't want to mess with it. 🤷‍♂️

Jim Morgan

19 minutes ago, coachjimsc said:

Busy guys, so I got the feeling they just didn't want to mess with it. 

I had two fittings this summer, one with Taylormade and one with Titleist.  I requested and the TaylorMade guy followed through and sent me the multitude of stats on my swings with different clubs.

I made the same request of the Titleist guy and he promised he would send the stats. They never arrived so I emailed him to request them again. Nothing. If you're too lazy to send the stats then I'm too lazy to buy your clubs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Gears Locations* North America Europe Eastern Asia Oceania Central & South America * Gears locations...

gearslocations.jpg

Yay. 🙂

• Thumbs Up 2

Now, I need to start a business in Columbus with a Gears 😛 

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Okay, for those of you who have signed up for this. I have to say ... It's a great value.

Seriously, I just spent the last 2 hours diving into the data @iacasand I collected yesterday morning.

I received 51 captures... Yes, you read that right 51 captures.

Then I can view each capture from up to 6 different angles. (That's just what I can do with them @iacas can do even more.) Plus each capture includes a mountain of other data. Like 10 different data points. Things like Clubhead Path (shown below, its a gif I made of one of my swings face-on clubhead path tracked), Attack Angel, Face to Path, Closure Rate, Clubhead Speed, Presented Loft, Lie Angle, Face Angle, Shaft Deflection, Shaft Droop, etc. There are also tabs for Face Map, Club Graphs, Body Graphs. 

I can compare each of my captures to the PGA Tour Average Swing. I can do that with any of my captures at any of the 6 different angles, at any speed you like. You can download the captures. Store comments. It's very cool. 

891172897_ChetGears.gif.475dbba625a7bf44fc13073bbdd1086d.gif

I would say there may be only two downsides.

1 - You learn so much about your swing, it can be overwhelming. But @iacas will help you prioritize what to work on first. I have 3 big things to attack. One at a time. I'll need to work through each. One at a time, obviously. I really want to make a couple of big changes before I come back and do this again. 

2 - You may never want to stop taking captures. I know I said "Wait, one more" at least four times and I probably would have done even more, but I simply had to get back to my family. If you think video is helpful this takes it all to the next level. 

There are too many upsides to mention. As I type this I can see in the gif above 2 of the things I really want to "fix". And the gif is nowhere near the quality of the captures, and of course includes none of the data. 

Over all its a great value. There are so many things to learn from this. If you signed up for it, I feel confident in saying you will get well more than your money's worth from it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Okay, for those of you who have signed up for this. I have to say ... It's a great value.

Seriously, I just spent the last 2 hours diving into the data @iacasand I collected yesterday morning.

I received 51 captures... Yes, you read that right 51 captures.

Then I can view each capture from up to 6 different angels. (That's just what I can do with them @iacas can do even more.) Plus each capture includes a mountain of other data. Like 10 different data points. Things like Clubhead Path (shown below, its a gif I made of one of my swings face-on clubhead path tracked), Attack Angel, Face to Path, Closure Rate, Clubhead Speed, Presented Loft, Lie Angle, Face Angle, Shaft Deflection, Shaft Droop, etc. There are also tabs for Face Map, Club Graphs, Body Graphs. 

I can compare each of my captures to the PGA Tour Average Swing. I can do that with any of my captures at any of the 6 different angles, at any speed you like. You can download the captures. Store comments. It's very cool. 

891172897_ChetGears.gif.475dbba625a7bf44fc13073bbdd1086d.gif

I would say there may be only two downsides.

1 - You learn so much about your swing, it can be overwhelming. But @iacas will help you prioritize what to work on first. I have 3 big things to attack. One at a time. I'll need to work through each. One at a time, obviously. I really want to make a couple of big changes before I come back and do this again. 

2 - You may never want to stop taking captures. I know I said "Wait, one more" at least four times and I probably would have done even more, but I simply had to get back to my family. If you think video is helpful this takes it all to the next level. 

There are too many upsides to mention. As I type this I can see in the gif above 2 of the things I really want to "fix". And the gif is nowhere near the quality of the captures, and of course includes none of the data. 

Over all its a great value. There are so many things to learn from this. If you signed up for it, I feel confident in saying you will get well more than your money's worth from it. 

1.  You look good in all black.

2.  I'm guessing one of the things you want to do is work on your shoulder slide forward as you start your downswing.  Looks like GEARS is great at spotting these kind of things.  There is no denying the imagery.  

7 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

1.  You look good in all black.

Yes, I do. 🤪

8 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

2.  I'm guessing one of the things you want to do is work on your shoulder slide forward as you start your downswing.  Looks like GEARS is great at spotting these kind of things.  There is no denying the imagery.  

It also gives you a cornucopia of numbers to show you just how far and which direction everything is moving. Plus mapping and tracing and much much more.