Want to #GetInGEARS? Yes!

iacas

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS FOR GEARS:

1. @Vinsk
  2. @boogielicious
  3. @Darkfrog (97% certain)
  4. @Chris Brooks

-Chris Brooks

I've blogged about my wanderings since 2003. I love roaming throughout the USA looking for remote public golf courses to play.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

This wasn't in my golf budget. But I'm thinking of adjusting said budget to give this a go.

I have one question.

Would it be possible to split up the sessions? Here's what I'm thinking: Does it make sense to do half of your GEARS session. Go away and work on improving then come back say a month later and do the rest of your session. Does that even make sense? I'd be worried that I couldn't make a significant enough change over the two sessions. Where as with some time to work on it, as you know, I'm a bit of slow learner.  

Chet, anyone local can (and should) definitely split it up. I only proposed a back-to-back schedule for those looking to travel a bit so they could minimize travel. Even those traveling are welcome to stay three days or something and spend the time on it Day 1 and 3 if it can be arranged in a schedule.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

For those of you on the fence, this would make for a great Christmas present to yourself.

And, I'm pretty low-pressure here with regards to "sales" tactics, but I will note that this deal will cease to be a deal when I reach some threshold. I don't know if it will be 10, 15, or 20, but it won't be more than 20, and it may be as low as 10.

I also have a local student who is likely in for two of these, so I'll be adding some people to the list when I get local confirmations.

1. @Vinsk
  2. @boogielicious
  3. @Darkfrog (97% certain)
  4. @Chris Brooks
  5. @cipher

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 10/8/2021 at 6:52 PM, iacas said:

Gears Golf Perfect your swing and body mechanics for driving, putting, and everything in-between. SIGN...

I'll get right to it: I'm seriously considering buying a GEARS system, and to help fund it, I'm going to pre-sell some discounted instructional "experience" packages.

I'll give you two days* of instruction† for the low-low price of $1,000. You'll pre-pay and the time will be good any time between the day I get the GEARS (well, two days after that, so it can be set up and we can be trained) and December 31, 2022.

You noticed that I put two little marks up there. They're not the fine print, they're just these:

* Not 48 hours of instruction, obviously. By "two days" I just mean about four hours in the afternoon one day, and about four hours the next day. They'd probably be late enough on the first day that you could fly in that morning, and early enough the second day so you could fly home with just one night in a hotel or something. If you're somewhat local and able to drive here, you could split your session into two visits multiple days, weeks, or even months apart.

† Instruction would include whatever other sorts of things you wanted, too. Obviously they'd tend to be heavier on the full swing with the GEARS system, but over two days (and partly so you can take a break), I'd be happy to work with you on the SAM PuttLab for putting, or to work on chipping/pitching. It's basically about eight hours of instruction in whatever ways you want to use it. But also mostly with a cool toy. 😄 The GEARS instruction will also include whatever "deliverables" I can reasonably create in GEARS (like video of you versus a PGA Tour composite player, with the numbers displayed, or your before/after swings, etc.), so bring a thumb drive.

GEARS is accurate to within 0.2mm (the thickness of a sheet of paper) and contains just about everything you could want to measure about the body and the club. It's actually used by FlightScope, Trackman, etc. to validate their club data. GEARS is 8 motion-capture cameras shooting at 360 FPS, and it creates a 3D model of your swing with all sorts of things you can turn on and off. You want to see how "feel" and "real" align? GEARS will tell you.

While I feel like I can do a good job with video, GEARS is not a step beyond that, but multiple big steps. With a 3D model of the golfer and the swing, we can move the virtual camera to ANY angle, for EVERY swing, and see what the golfer actually did.

You can see a lot of GEARS stuff in action on AMG's YouTube videos.

BTW, if you're more interested in a single session/day of about four hours, DM (direct message) me for a rate.

Excellent thanks for sharing. I am big on technology and the opportunity that it offers for improvement. 

I'm pretty sure I'm in on this.

Seriously, my kids don't need to eat EVERY day. 🤪

1. @Vinsk
  2. @boogielicious
  3. @Darkfrog (97% certain)
  4. @Chris Brooks
  5. @cipher
  6. @ChetlovesMer
Edited by ChetlovesMer
  • Funny 2

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

1. @Vinsk
  2. @boogielicious
  3. @Darkfrog (97% certain)
  4. @Chris Brooks
  5. @cipher
  6. @ChetlovesMer
  7. @billchao

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Updated my 97%

1. @Vinsk
  2. @boogielicious
  3. @Darkfrog 
  4. @Chris Brooks
  5. @cipher
  6. @ChetlovesMer
  7. @billchao

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

This is a great opportunity for some first class instruction. Unfortunately, the fact that I am old, set in my ways, and about to send my daughter off to college, my wife would kill me if I did this. Too bad...

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

hmm...    I would really like to make this happen.   Erie just isn't very close..   

gotta think on it a bit.   

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

44 minutes ago, lastings said:

hmm...    I would really like to make this happen.   Erie just isn't very close..   

gotta think on it a bit.   

In astronomical terms, it’s really close!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
1 hour ago, lastings said:

gotta think on it a bit.

Sure thing.

Flights into Buffalo (BUF), Cleveland (CLE), and Pittsburgh (PIT) are two-hour drives. Flights into Erie (ERI) are also possible.

I'll do all I can to accommodate a schedule. If you wanted to spread out two times downtown over three days (maybe a long weekend), we could do that, too.

On 10/9/2021 at 2:24 PM, Vinsk said:

I hear ya. The laughter that would ensue if I were wearing a spandex suit would totally disrupt the session for sure.

If I recall you are the one with excessive booty sweat. It can get a little warm in there. The body suit/harness may need to be sent out for cleaning 

1 hour ago, Carl3 said:

If I recall you are the one with excessive booty sweat. It can get a little warm in there. The body suit/harness may need to be sent out for cleaning 

200.gif.659b12262f11416e964118583286e1d6.gif

• Funny 2

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.