IGNORED

Who's Your Pick for the Stanley Cup?

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 5800 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm going with my boys, the Pittsburgh Penguins!

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going with my boys, the Pittsburgh Penguins!

Up 2-0! Last nights game was a lot of fun to watch! Although i wasn't too happy when the Sens tied it up. 50+ shots on goal was awesome (would like to see more of that).

Up 2-0! Last nights game was a lot of fun to watch! Although i wasn't too happy when the Sens tied it up. 50+ shots on goal was awesome (would like to see more of that).

Wings will be up 2-0 after this afternoons game... The highlights from yesterdays Pens game looked pretty interesting. Avs and Wild went OT too. I guess I should have watched hockey instead of the crappy movie I rented.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Wings will be up 2-0 after this afternoons game... The highlights from yesterdays Pens game looked pretty interesting. Avs and Wild went OT too. I guess I should have watched hockey instead of the crappy movie I rented.

Gerber (Sens goal) played awesome and had some nice saves but it seemed like about 80% of the game was played in his zone. Both teams played their hearts out. Quite a few scuffles too. I love playoff hockey! Good luck to your Wings.

• Administrator
Gerber (Sens goal) played awesome and had some nice saves but it seemed like about 80% of the game was played in his zone. Both teams played their hearts out. Quite a few scuffles too. I love playoff hockey! Good luck to your Wings.

Gerber goes down too early and can't seem to move side to side very well. If the Pens can elevate their shots more and pass across him for one timers, they'll bury a higher percentage of those shots.

Though, putting 4 out of 53 home isn't a horrible percentage (and 1 for 1 on the empty net), it is about half as good as they normally have been at home. They scored seven goals on about 20 shots once this year, and the other time they scored 7 at home it was on about 24 shots, IIRC. Gerber... eh. I think the Pens have him just about figured out. We'll see though - still need two more wins and then 12 more after that...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

the Sens and Penguins can be lumped into the same boat: no goaltending. The Price is right bi#@h!

I disagree. And not just because I'm a Pens fan (maybe partially though). The Pens have two very capable goaltenders. Fleury's main problem is playing the puck. I wish he would just stop trying to play the puck. Conklin plays the puck pretty well.....he''s not quite as good at blocking shots though. They are both up and down somewhat but their ups definitely outweigh their downs IMO.

Masters all afternoon, then Habs-Bruins right after. What a weekend My wife and kids are so understanding GO HABS GO!

Pens look good, but don't get too excited with Ottawa. I'm in the same boat with my Habs. Sure the Bruins aren't that good, so I'll start getting a lot more pumped up if they can keep the winning in the second round when the competition really heats up. It would be like going out and putting a bunch of $ on Justin Rose after the first round of the Masters; he's always there Thursday, but can't find him on Sunday

As for the Pens goaltending, Fluery is a big question mark for me. We in Canada remember him a while back at the World Juniors with some less than stellar play when the heat was on in the big games. Time will tell if he is now mentally tougher.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

As for the Pens goaltending, Fluery is a big question mark for me. We in Canada remember him a while back at the World Juniors with some less than stellar play when the heat was on in the big games. Time will tell if he is now mentally tougher.

Last night's game was big for the Pens. Tied up at 3 after giving up the lead, and win down the stretch. They needed a win like that. The offense seems to be clicking on most if not all cylinders, so I'm hoping that will counteract any deficit in Fluery's play. Conklin has been solid, so no worries for me. I think they'll be solid enough for them to go a long way. They remind me a lot of the early 90's Pens, with an explosive offense and goal tending that was, well, average at times.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Devils Baby!

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

the Sens and Penguins can be lumped into the same boat: no goaltending. The Price is right bi#@h!

Sorry, Marc-Andre Fleury has a save % .923 and they have Ty Conklin with a save % of .923. If anything happens to Fleury (knock on wood) we have another goalie that is above the league average in SV% of .909. So saying that the Pens have no goal tending is bogus.

Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

I think Philly has a real shot this year. They are playing well, and getting healthy at the right time.
I know there has been alot of talk about Avery's interference on Brodeur, leading to the league changing the rules to ensure that doesn't happen again. what do you guys think about what he did?

In My Hideaway Bag:

Driver: r7 Draw
5: Genex Cross
7:3-PW: Silver Scot Blades56 and 60 wedge: El-804Putter: Dual Force II Rossie MalletBalls: Laddie X------------------------------------------------Wish List: Vokey Oil Can 56 Wedge

I know there has been alot of talk about Avery's interference on Brodeur, leading to the league changing the rules to ensure that doesn't happen again. what do you guys think about what he did?

I'd say he looked like a real tool doing that. But....whatever. Wasn't any rules against it prior to the rule change.

If you haven't seen it.

Anyone see the Penguins beat up on the Senators last night? I did

• Administrator
I'd say he looked like a real tool doing that. But....whatever. Wasn't any rules against it prior to the rule change.

Better link:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...ticleid=360438 . Avery looked like a tool.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

hate to say being a Flyers fan myself but the Pens are looking very tough, they dismanteled the Sens last night in Ottawa and seem like a sweep is on the way.....they are peeking at the right time....I'll go with the Pens.... but don't count out the Rangers either imho.......their goalie is probably playing the best then anybody else right now so they are a threat as well even with that clown Sean Avery.....boy I'd love to see his clock rang soon

Anyone see the Penguins beat up on the Senators last night? I did

I did! Nice!!

Crosby's goal was awesome and that one timer by Staal (pass and shot) was brilliant! Talbot's goal where every Pen on the ice touched the puck was pretty cool.

Note: This thread is 5800 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!