IGNORED

Who's Your Pick for the Stanley Cup?

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 5800 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The Pens are getting some timely goaltending but Ottawa isn't exactly the offensive juggernaut these days.

I laughed out loud when the Red Wings screwed the pooch in 9 seconds flat....

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did too. I was happy to see Nashville hang in there, for at least two more games.

In My Hideaway Bag:

Driver: r7 Draw
5: Genex Cross
7:3-PW: Silver Scot Blades56 and 60 wedge: El-804Putter: Dual Force II Rossie MalletBalls: Laddie X------------------------------------------------Wish List: Vokey Oil Can 56 Wedge

• Administrator
The Pens are getting some timely goaltending but Ottawa isn't exactly the offensive juggernaut these days.

Didn't Ottawa lead the league in scoring this year? Oh yeah, they did... C'mon. Give credit where credit is due.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Didn't Ottawa lead the league in scoring this year? Oh yeah, they did... C'mon. Give credit where credit is due.

Actually they didn't, Montreal did... and they definately fell off at the end of the year. I don't think he was taking anything away from your Pens goaltending... he was just stating a fact regarding Ottawa's offensive prowess as of late.

In response to the Wings comments... that was rough... but damn that was a nice shot by Arnott (sp?).
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Looked like Arnott hurt his ankle jumping in excitement over that goal. :)

In My Hideaway Bag:

Driver: r7 Draw
5: Genex Cross
7:3-PW: Silver Scot Blades56 and 60 wedge: El-804Putter: Dual Force II Rossie MalletBalls: Laddie X------------------------------------------------Wish List: Vokey Oil Can 56 Wedge

I thought I gave credit when I said the Pens were getting some timely goaltending...? Yeah, I forgot that regular season success always translates into playoff success....

Ottawa's potent offense has been nothing of the sort.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

• Administrator
Actually they didn't, Montreal did... and they definately fell off at the end of the year.

Looks to me Ottawa, indeed, led the league in scoring ("goals for"). .
I don't think he was taking anything away from your Pens goaltending... he was just stating a fact regarding Ottawa's offensive prowess as of late.

Sure, but doesn't team defense and

goaltending have a lot to do with that? I think the Pens have the best two goaltenders in the league. They've regularly outplayed some of the superstars. The Penguins were ranked tenth in goals against, which says a lot as well.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

well that's in 5 on 5... total "goals for" it is Montreal... which is a better indicator since it is total scoring, not just 5 on 5. (seriously though it is one goal... and my point was only that they haven't been producing offensively the last month, playoffs included). http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/standi...Type=standings
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Its all about the flames, San Jose scores 3 goals in under 5 mins and Calgary comes back to win with 2 goals on the powerplay I beleive.

Calgary is running into Penalty trouble though.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

• Administrator
well that's in 5 on 5... total "goals for" it is Montreal... which is a better indicator since it is total scoring, not just 5 on 5. (seriously though it is one goal... and my point was only that they haven't been producing offensively the last month, playoffs included).

I don't know why the ESPN stats are different. The page I linked to (you know, at nhl.com) clearly shows Ottawa had more total goals - 258 to 257 - than Montreal in addition to more 5-on-5 goals.

The #1 team in scoring took a downturn the past month - that's fine. You don't go from having a big scoring lead to mud overnight. They're still a highly offensive team, and they've still only scored 4 goals in three games. Fleury's save percentage is still 0.956... And speaking of offensive, why the hell do they did they have a gay Spartan on the ice before a Senators game?

I don't know why the ESPN stats are different. The page I linked to (you know, at nhl.com) clearly shows Ottawa had more total goals - 258 to 257 - than Montreal in addition to more 5-on-5 goals.

Everytime I see that thing I think of the Michigan State Spartans...

That is wierd that the two sites are conflicting... but, whatever I tend to agree that Fleury is a good young goalie despite some letdowns during his junior career. Hell, I'm just praying the Wings old man goaltender doesn't hurt his damn groin again... we have rode Osgood to the finals before, but it wouldn't be easy.

Nope; the Habs had them by a goal

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

• Administrator
Nope; the Habs had them by a goal

Please don't start this again. The NHL stats say the opposite.

I did! Nice!!

Crosby's goal was the best. 12 seconds! MVP?! Him or Ovechkin are going to get it

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Crosby's goal was the best. 12 seconds! MVP?! Him or Ovechkin are going to get it

I'd say it'd be hard to give the MVP to Crosby since he missed a pretty long stretch (only played 53 games this year). I don't even think he could get team MVP this year (would have to go to Malkin - 106 pts and +16 in 82 games). The kid is amazing though.

Ovechkin will likely get MVP.

I'd say it'd be hard to give the MVP to Crosby since he missed a pretty long stretch (only played 53 games this year). I don't even think he could get team MVP this year (would have to go to Malkin - 106 pts and +16 in 82 games). The kid is amazing though.

Malkin was already voted team MVP, and deservedly so.

GOOOOOOOOOOO BRRRRUUUUUUUUI..........ugh crap

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

Note: This thread is 5800 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!