IGNORED

How Much Are We Entitled to Know About Tiger's Accident?

iacas
Note: This thread is 867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger's Car Accident  

43 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1 to 5, how much are we, as golf fans (or the general public) entitled to know about Tiger's accident in February, 2021? (See first post for context.)

• 1 - Only what he chooses to share.
    • 5 - Anything and everything.

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Then make a request for them.

They don’t exist because it would have been a violation of rights to take his blood without cause or permission.

IANAL but that’s how I understand things to be here. The police and first responders didn’t suspect impairment, so no cause.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

36 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I will say, most Police take DUI very seriously. 

Then make a request for them. I am sure some reporters have reviewed all the data allowed to them under the law and probably tried to use connections to get information they are not allowed to see. In the end, there is no smoke here. There has been no article about him driving under the influence. Guess what, there is probably nothing more to this. 

I tend to agree with this. You'd have to assume reporters would be clamoring to get their hands on any smoking guns they could get. I'm sure there were quite a few who would even seek out some sketchy methods to get the dirt. I have to believe if there was more to the story somebody would have found it. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

54 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I tend to agree with this. You'd have to assume reporters would be clamoring to get their hands on any smoking guns they could get. I'm sure there were quite a few who would even seek out some sketchy methods to get the dirt. I have to believe if there was more to the story somebody would have found it. 

Agree. It would have been leaked by now. The police stated that they did not do any sobriety tests.

I'm sure blood was taken at the hospital, but without a direct order by a doctor (for medical reasons) or a court order, they would never look for anything like drugs or alcohol in his system. And even if they did, that data would be protected.

8 minutes ago, chspeed said:

I'm sure blood was taken at the hospital, but without a direct order by a doctor (for medical reasons) or a court order, they would never look for anything like drugs or alcohol in his system. And even if they did, that data would be protected.

You can probably get access if he was cited after the fact for a DUI. You may not know what was in his system, but the general nature of the accident could be found out. 

If it was a DUI, he would probably have to go to court. Pending certain vehicle accidents, or even certain driving speeds over the speed limit, you are required to go to court. 

As of right now, there seems to be no evidence he was under the influence. To assume so is similar to conspiracy theorists. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1 minute ago, saevel25 said:

To assume so is similar to conspiracy theorists. 

Well, you can say that. But as everyone knows the government has invisible helicopters they built with technology they got from the alien space craft they found in Area 51. I'm pretty sure they were using those invisible copters combined with the tracking device they put in Tiger Woods when he was supposedly getting Vaccinated against a virus we all know the government created and tested on the public. It's basically the same thing they did when they faked Elvis's death because Elvis was one of the shooters on the grassy knoll. Come on! Open your eyes, man! 🤪

• Funny 1

47 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Well, you can say that. But as everyone knows the government has invisible helicopters they built with technology they got from the alien space craft they found in Area 51.

I had a college professor who was the highest ranking civilian at Wright Patt in Dayton. He told such a compelling story about how they took all the alien tech from Area 51 to Wright Patt. He was just doing an amazing job of pulling our leg with the story. Man, he had the whole class captivated. You couldn't help but just laugh. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Hey the LA Sheriff himself said that this was an accident because it was not deliberate. Some (obvious conspiracy nut-job types) actually believe that this "accident" may have been caused by human negligence, even if not deliberate.

Nothing left to see here as we go on page 3 of this non-event. 

Edited by TourSpoon
Page number clarification conspiracy

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

34 minutes ago, guitarget said:

"...they faked Elvis's death..."

Come on, now.  Didn't you see "Men In Black"?  Elvis just went home.....☺️

Man, I love conspiracy theories. 

4 hours ago, TourSpoon said:

Nothing left to see here as we go on page 3 of this non-event. 

I don't think that someone doing almost double the speed limit, crashing, and almost dying is a non-event, especially when that someone is the greatest golf to ever live. Even assuming a driver was clean and this happened, this would result in a charge of failure to control for almost anyone else on the planet. The fact that nothing happened is a testament to the privilege of celebrity.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

7 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

The fact that nothing happened is a testament to the privilege of celebrity

Did it? He could absolutely been given a ticket and paid it. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Bonvivant said:

I don't think that someone doing almost double the speed limit, crashing, and almost dying is a non-event, especially when that someone is the greatest golf to ever live. Even assuming a driver was clean and this happened, this would result in a charge of failure to control for almost anyone else on the planet. The fact that nothing happened is a testament to the privilege of celebrity.

Do you have evidence of this?

Because that section of the road is notorious, and sees a lot of crashes. So do you have evidence that everyone else who wrecks there who isn't Tiger Woods has gotten a charge? And that Tiger wasn't cited for something?

The police said he didn't appear to be impaired. So, having been defeated by logic on that, you now make assumptions about what charges he or others would have or should have or could have faced?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

12 hours ago, iacas said:

Do you have evidence of this?

Because that section of the road is notorious, and sees a lot of crashes. So do you have evidence that everyone else who wrecks there who isn't Tiger Woods has gotten a charge? And that Tiger wasn't cited for something?

The police said he didn't appear to be impaired. So, having been defeated by logic on that, you now make assumptions about what charges he or others would have or should have or could have faced?

They interviewed one guy who lives near the curve and he says it happens all the time. He said it’s an easy hill to get going too fast. We all have roads near us like that. Why do some people feel it has to be notorious?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

They interviewed one guy who lives near the curve and he says it happens all the time. He said it’s an easy hill to get going too fast. We all have roads near us like that. Why do some people feel it has to be notorious?

There are places like that everywhere. 

There is a freeway in Cleveland, Ohio, where you go from like 55 to 35 mph because its basically a 90 degree turn. With speed limits on severe turns, sometimes they are conservative (you can go 45 on most on or off ramps, maybe more and feel safe). This one, you need to be below 35 mph or you hit a concrete wall. 

The Valley, north of Akron, has tons of winding roads, where you can end up in horrible spots. 

To assume that he was DUI, just because he lost control of his car, is the wrong thing to do. What if he glanced at his phone for half a second, one that type of road, he's gone. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I think I'm at a 2 for this question. I read the police report. Based on what's in the report, he wasn't under the influence of anything. They looked at security footage of him getting his car, driving through the resort, etc., and he seemed pretty normal. He wasn't staggering around or anything like that. I don't think Tiger or anyone really needs to answer any more questions about that. 

That said, I think it's a reasonable question to ask if Tiger is safe to drive at this point. It seems pretty likely he fell asleep while driving, which caused this accident. That's now the 3rd time that's happened to him (that we know about) and the 2nd time he's been in accident because of it. It is a little different from when he got the DUI, yes, but it's still not a good thing to fall asleep at 7 in the morning while driving. I'm not sure this directly relates to the accident, but Tiger is lucky that he hasn't injured anyone else while driving at this point. I think we're entitled to know what Tiger thinks about his driving more generally. I also think we're entitled to know from police what it would take to have his driving privileges suspended. I wouldn't ride in a car Tiger is driving, personally. And I would not feel great about knowing he's on the road around me, either.

You could really substitute anyone for Tiger with these points, I don't think his fame matters at all.

Bottom line, I'm about a 2. We should know more, but it's more about Tiger's overall ability to operate a car safely than it is about this specific accident.

Stepping back from whether we're entitled to anything, Tiger's PR strategy is f***ing awful. How hard is it to say that he wasn't under the influence of anything and he doesn't remember anything about accident? Both of those statements are likely the truth. I don't get why you would stonewall those questions. Is it worth all the speculation that you were under the influence of drugs to maintain a facade of privacy? I don't think so. If he did fall asleep at the wheel, that's bad. But why couldn't he say that he got lucky to live, and he's proof of why you shouldn't drive when you're so tired you may fall asleep at the wheel? I don't get the complete stonewalling Tiger is doing here at all.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator
7 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Stepping back from whether we're entitled to anything, Tiger's PR strategy is f***ing awful. How hard is it to say that he wasn't under the influence of anything and he doesn't remember anything about accident? Both of those statements are likely the truth. I don't get why you would stonewall those questions. Is it worth all the speculation that you were under the influence of drugs to maintain a facade of privacy? I don't think so. If he did fall asleep at the wheel, that's bad. But why couldn't he say that he got lucky to live, and he's proof of why you shouldn't drive when you're so tired you may fall asleep at the wheel? I don't get the complete stonewalling Tiger is doing here at all.

Maybe he thinks that by saying "I wasn't under the influence…" it would lead to more questions about why he was going 80 MPH and didn't brake and crashed to begin with.

The press aren't really going to ask him any more questions now, because he's made it clear he won't answer them.

And look at how many people just want to watch him play at the parent-child event this weekend.

So if his PR strategy is effective, is it really bad?

11 hours ago, iacas said:

Maybe he thinks that by saying "I wasn't under the influence…" it would lead to more questions about why he was going 80 MPH and didn't brake and crashed to begin with.

The press aren't really going to ask him any more questions now, because he's made it clear he won't answer them.

And look at how many people just want to watch him play at the parent-child event this weekend.

So if his PR strategy is effective, is it really bad?

I have to agree. No one in Tiger's camp wants to keep this story alive. The quicker it fades into the background the better. Having him play in the parent-child event and featuring his foundation are much better strategies going forward from a PR standpoint. 

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Note: This thread is 867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!