IGNORED

How Important Is Confidence in Playing Golf?

ChetlovesMer

Does Confidence Matter When Playing Golf?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. On A Scale Of 1 to 10, How Important Is Confidence In Hitting Any Give Golf Shot?

• 1 - Confidence won't keep an airplane in the air. All the confidence in the world doesn't mean a hill of beans once you swing. It simply doesn't matter in the least.
    • 2 - Confidence doesn't matter much. I've seen down-in-the-dumps people not give a crap and hit the best shots of their round.
    • 3 - Very little. The ball doesn't know how confident you are or are not. It just goes where its struck.
    • 4 - It probably matters a bit, but most golfers over-value confidence.
    • 5 - Confidence can't hurt, but it's more likely that hitting good shots makes you confident, not the other way around.
    • 6 - It will help a little.
    • 7 - It's pretty important. Definitely should be part of your training plan and pre-shot routines.
    • 8 - Confidence will allow you to make your best swing. Therefore its important.
    • 9 - You have to be confident or your game will go to Hell in a golf cart.
    • 10 - Confidence will very literally change the outcome of the swing you are about to make. If you are confident you WILL hit it better. That's a fact!

I am late to this topic and 

On 2/18/2022 at 7:27 AM, Ty_Webb said:

Funnily enough, I think the confident guy is the one who looks a little slobbish. He doesn't need to look good because his golf game speaks for itself. 

Interestingly the best players I have played with did not dress like golfers at all. The absolute best player (scored 65) I played with looked like he just walked on the course by accident. He was super humble, extremely polite, and patiently stood there watching the rest score 90 with the latest and greatest drivers while he cleaned his 7-10 year old clubs.

Nave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades