IGNORED

Hank Haney One Shot Slice Fix

As promised, I have a report on the Hank Haney slice fix.

I'll start with a couple considerations in Coach Haney's favor, I went into my round of golf after playing quarterback in backyard football with my daughter and the dogs and threw a few too many passes considering my dodgy shoulder. Secondly , I was running late so I had no lunch or warmup before the round.

To end the suspense on the 'fixed in one shot', alas my first shot did slice. It was playable , about 10 yards from the fairway but was not dead straight. Overall I still sliced several drives, but my good shots were straighter than the comparable good ones the last two times I played this course. I had a stretch of 4 straight middle of the fairway 220 yard to 228yard  3 wood drives(15 degree 3 wood), these were carry numbers and the distance is from my Arccos which measures it pretty accurately. The ground was wetter than I thought it would be so I got zero roll-out on most holes, with the shots being straighter I do wonder what my total numbers would look like on a different day/course.

I saw enough to keep doing the drill in my yard the next few days and repeating it on the tee before I shoot the next 2 times I play. 

I did have the Hank Haney driver/slice quick fix ad pop-up on Youtube this morning while watching the free video, I saw where it also claimed gaining 30 yards. I don't see how that's possible unless there is a lot more in the program than what I did. I've had days with a couple 240 yard carries on my 3 wood and there is no way I swing fast enough now or anytime in the near future to carry it 270.

Edited by DCCarpenter

3 minutes ago, DCCarpenter said:

I saw where it also claimed gaining 30 yards. I don't see how that's possible unless there is a lot more in the program than what I did. I've had days with a couple 240 yard carries on my 3 wood and there is no way I swing fast enough now or anytime in the near future to carry it 270.

Thanks for the update. I'm pretty sure he's saying 30 yards with a driver. Which may be possible if you count total distance not carry distance as in most instances you get better roll out with a straight shot or a draw than you will with a slice. Plus, the best carry distance should always be a straight shot. Any energy used to curve the ball, is energy not used to make the ball go farther. 

If you are a bad slicer, I'd believe that 30 yards more total distance with the driver is achievable if you can "cure" your slice. 

Anyway, I hope "the cure" is working for you. Good luck. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played 16 holes today, 2 were closed due to a tree falling on the walkway, using Hank Haney's slice fix technique on my tee shots for a second round.

I had a couple slices thrown in but probably the least I've ever had over a round. Distance  hasn't really picked up much , I'm just in the middle of the fairway instead of off to the right. I was topping the ball some today on tee shots, not sure exactly why, maybe over eager because I was getting better results on my drives.

The course was empty so I had time to take multiple tee shots so I shot my 3 hybrid off of the tee a bunch of times as well , used the same Haney practice swing drill with it a few times and path strategy. I am definitely going to need to adjust it to take out the draw bias, previously it would slice on occasion like my 3 wood. Now it definitely hooks, great distance I was close to 190yards with it 3 different times with it set to 20.5 degree loft. I have it set to the 'max draw position' I'm going to dial it back to neutral or medium draw for tomorrow. I had no problem elevating it off the deck for a couple similar length shots so I am going to drop the loft down to 19 and see if I can pick up any additional distance. 

Third and final update on the slice fix results.

I played 14 holes today , I had 6 green in regulation and missed 3 others by less than 10 yards total between the three. I duffed a wedge in  when I drove to within 70 yards on a 210 so I can't fault the driving on that one either, also got distracted and duffed a hybrid approach 5 feet, nailed the green on the 2nd try so it should have been a GIR. I only had 2 sliced tee shots, and one of them was plenty playable. I didn't slice a single fairway wood or hybrid approach shot.

I wish Mr. Haney would come out with a similarly effective how to stop 3 putting video , I'd really be on to something then. I also had another ad for his slice fix pop-up on YouTube, I watched the ad all the way through and he was doing some different drills than just the one in the 2 minute YouTube clip. So if someone is struggling with a slice ordering the whole thing vs. just the free clip and magazine article might be worth it. I'm making enough progress in just these 3 rounds so far that I'm going to hold off for now.

So even though the thread was originally making fun of the commercial and it's dubious claims I'm really glad I came across the thread, the magazine article and YouTube clip made a big difference for me. 

42 minutes ago, DCCarpenter said:

Third and final update on the slice fix results.

I played 14 holes today , I had 6 green in regulation and missed 3 others by less than 10 yards total between the three. I duffed a wedge in  when I drove to within 70 yards on a 210 so I can't fault the driving on that one either, also got distracted and duffed a hybrid approach 5 feet, nailed the green on the 2nd try so it should have been a GIR. I only had 2 sliced tee shots, and one of them was plenty playable. I didn't slice a single fairway wood or hybrid approach shot.

I wish Mr. Haney would come out with a similarly effective how to stop 3 putting video , I'd really be on to something then. I also had another ad for his slice fix pop-up on YouTube, I watched the ad all the way through and he was doing some different drills than just the one in the 2 minute YouTube clip. So if someone is struggling with a slice ordering the whole thing vs. just the free clip and magazine article might be worth it. I'm making enough progress in just these 3 rounds so far that I'm going to hold off for now.

So even though the thread was originally making fun of the commercial and it's dubious claims I'm really glad I came across the thread, the magazine article and YouTube clip made a big difference for me. 

I'm very glad to hear that. 

Any time I can mock an exaggerated marketing claim and help a fellow golfer improve in one fell swoop, I'm a happy man. 😁

If you end up ordering the program, please report back on how it works for you.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, DCCarpenter said:

I'm really glad I came across the thread, the magazine article and YouTube clip made a big difference for me. 

I have seen people with great looking swings who can't score and peopIe with horrible looking swings that can't score. I have seen people with great looking swings who live close to par and have seen some people who make some swings that you might look at and think, "how do they even get to the club to the ball"...who are much better at the game than I.  I have learned to appreciate people who get the ball in the hole in few strokes regardless of how they do it. 

I wish I had a textbook swing that hit the checkpoints, but I would much prefer an effective swing that had reasonable dispersion thus allowing me to score so hopefully it holds up for you and helps you improve for many years.  That to me is the takeaway...you found something that is helping, and that is always exciting.

On 2/27/2022 at 10:04 PM, DCCarpenter said:

I've had days with a couple 240 yard carries on my 3 wood and there is no way I swing fast enough now or anytime in the near future to carry it 270.

In normal fairways, with driver, I hit it 280 total with a draw and 250 total with a fade. how? 
I have a high ball flight, with fade a hit it even higher and with a lot more spin. So when it lands around 240 it just rolls out 10 more yards. 

On the other hand, with a draw I hit it a little lower with a lot less spin, making it go thru air a lot better reaching 260 carry and more roll.

So, yeah. changing from a slice to a draw can make you gain 30 yards in total. 

Also a Draw is another way to have an extra gear, I'm more accurate hitting a slice/fade than a draw all across the bag but I know that I can hit it further with a draw if the hole give me the space.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
9 hours ago, keb said:

What is it?

I tell people in lessons all the time. 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 9 months later...

Well, color me surprised. It actually works. This honestly got me hitting draws really consistently. I've seen other videos of his on the internet about fixing the slice, but this new version goes into way more detail and includes additional more advanced training also like driver adjustments, setup, wrist position, club release, error correction, etc., to give you the full picture

18 minutes ago, rogerlarsen86 said:

Well, color me surprised. It actually works. This honestly got me hitting draws really consistently. I've seen other videos of his on the internet about fixing the slice, but this new version goes into way more detail and includes additional more advanced training also like driver adjustments, setup, wrist position, club release, error correction, etc., to give you the full picture

Have you captured your swing on video?
Please make a members swing thread and post a before and after.

I'd love to see your progress. 

• Thumbs Up 1