IGNORED

Guy Tried to Fight Me on the Course

wakefield724
Note: This thread is 774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 3/4/2022 at 8:09 PM, iacas said:

Everyone knows that if they were into baseball and a certain age.

I was 42 then........ 😮

There are always 'richard's' out there, looking for trouble. BUT- If there are other people on the course, visible or not, if your ball is heading someplace where it shouldn't, ESPECIALLY if you can't see where it might land- the FIRST thing to do is to shout 'fore'. Now- in this case he probably wouldn't have cared if you did or not. 

On 3/5/2022 at 7:28 AM, Esox said:

I got smoked one day standing just off the green by a guy teeing off only30 yards away. He never yelled fore.. Yea it hurt like hell, but it wasn't worth getting into a confrontation over. 

Interesting- 30 yards away isn't NEARLY enough time to shout fore. I doubt his head has even come up yet. The issue here is- should he have waited until you were not in the line of fire, or should you have noticed and not step into the line of fire?

I've SEEN a head hit from a driver 50 yards away. It isn't pretty. Lady in a greenside bunker in front of and off to the right of the tee box. Neither one was paying attention to the other. He teed off and drilled her in the temple area. She went down like a sack of rocks. Two things in her favor. First- Even though it was the furthest spot away from the clubhouse, they had JUST put in a 'Food Cart' behind that green/tee complex so there was someone with a radio (pre-cel phones) to contact the clubhouse and call an ambulance. 

Second- she was wearing one of those oversize visor things that the Ladies wore at the time, so there was a bit of padding on the strap right at the impact spot. Probably kept the ball from coming out the other side. There WAS a small fracture and a large bruise, but fortunately she was not severely injured. 

people in heavily treed areas are hard to see. I am pretty careful about hitting even when someone is on an adjacent fairway or whatever and in range...almost dotted a guy yesterday whose entire cart was hidden by trees. It dropped a couple yards behind him when he started moving. I made a point of apologizing profusely for not seeing him...fortunately for me, he was super cool, didn't even see it. People like the guy you described are looking for issues and regardless of how it goes they will likely find something.. when you take proper precautions, just nothing you can do sometimes, some people just aren't going to be visible. Do the best you can and move on

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!