IGNORED

Weird Golf Ball Colors

Note: This thread is 763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 hours ago, TourSpoon said:

@ChetlovesMer Did you find that the colorful matte coating reduces glare for better focus with high visibility on the course? Obviously I am talking sherbet orange marketing here! 

product

Actually when these first came out, my kids bought me a 18 pack. The pack had 6 different colors 3 balls (one sleeve) each. Some of the colors were terribly hard to see. But some (like the Sherbet Orange) stood out really well to my eye. I've been playing the Sherbet Orange ever since.... Until now, I'm switching to the Srixon Divide in orange and yellow. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 3/19/2022 at 12:58 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

Actually when these first came out, my kids bought me a 18 pack. The pack had 6 different colors 3 balls (one sleeve) each. Some of the colors were terribly hard to see. But some (like the Sherbet Orange) stood out really well to my eye. I've been playing the Sherbet Orange ever since.... Until now, I'm switching to the Srixon Divide in orange and yellow. 

It may be a bit offtopic, but how do you like the divide on the course? I can imagine putting is great, but is the divider not irritating for regular shots, or am i overthinking this?

A friend of mine has them for putting practice and they seem perfect for that, so I am wondering if I should give them a try, but he says he won't use them on the course.

back to the ball identification: when my brother was still playing golf (before getting married, but I am not blaming his wife), he was playing with pink balls, as pretty much no other man would play with pink balls.. 

he never had an issue identifying which ball was his.. 

Edited by cdh79

cheers Chris

(edited)
3 hours ago, cdh79 said:

It may be a bit offtopic, but how do you like the divide on the course? I can imagine putting is great, but is the divider not irritating for regular shots, or am i overthinking this?

A friend of mine has them for putting practice and they seem perfect for that, so I am wondering if I should give them a try, but he says he won't use them on the course.

I have no trouble at all with them on the course, on the green, teeing them up to hit driver.... what ever. I don't ever align them on the green. Once in a great while I align one for a practice putt, but even that's rare. I very literally just set them down in what ever orientation they end up in I putt it in that orientation. I am a roll-my-putt-over-a-spot kind of guy. I am NOT an align-a-line-on-the-ball-then-try-to-putt-on-that-line kind of guy. 

What I like about them is I can see them in the air. They almost look like they are flashing as they fly through the sky. Very very easy for me to see. 

3 hours ago, cdh79 said:

back to the ball identification: when my brother was still playing golf (before getting married, but I am not blaming his wife), he was playing with pink balls, as pretty much no other man would play with pink balls.. 

he never had an issue identifying which ball was his.. 

Back on topic. My wife plays pink golf balls too. I've always thought we'd eventually encounter another player who uses pink golf balls, but so far we have not. So neither of us are in the habit of marking our golf balls. 

Edited by ChetlovesMer
grammar
  • Like 2

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I only use white.  The Divide would drive me nuts if I did play colored balls.  Have you guys seen Taylormade’s Response ball for this year ???  They have a band around it to help your putting that makes it look like an Easter egg.

A buddy of mine used a blue/yellow Divide ball for a couple of rounds last year.

That blue against green grass must really hit my color blindness hard. I stepped on his balls twice in back-to-back rounds and he went back to the white ones.

And I didn't even do it on purpose.

1 hour ago, mcanadiens said:

A buddy of mine used a blue/yellow Divide ball for a couple of rounds last year.

That blue against green grass must really hit my color blindness hard. I stepped on his balls twice in back-to-back rounds and he went back to the white ones.

And I didn't even do it on purpose.

I find blue hard to see also.   I have some of the Orange / White Divide and they stand out well.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Oddly enough...the bright green ones are easy to see in the grass.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

On 3/20/2022 at 10:45 AM, dennyjones said:

I find blue hard to see also.   I have some of the Orange / White Divide and they stand out well.

Blue balls are never good. A guy from an adjacent fairway was looking for his ball close to our green and I asked him if a stray white ball was the object of his search. He replied that he was playing with blue balls. There were so many possible replies, but I just left it with "Sorry to hear".

Note: This thread is 763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!