IGNORED

Pull Cart

13 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I just bought a Nitron.  It explodes open in one move, with its nitrogen-loaded easy open system.  Or is that nitrous oxide?  😄  It nicely fits my mantra of "Gone in 60 Seconds".  Out of the driver's seat, trunk open, cart out, bag onto cart, shoes on, shoes tied, trunk closed and I'm rolling away in under 60 seconds.

I do like that the cart has a quick latch for adjusting the handle, a hand brake and a well-placed cup holder to hold my Italian Sports Drink.

The wheels seem to be very small on this cart? Does this effect its ability to be pushed?

28 minutes ago, MississippiSteve said:

The wheels seem to be very small on this cart? Does this effect its ability to be pushed?

The back wheels are 11 inches and the front wheel is 9.5 inches.  I believe the ClicGear 4.0 wheels are 12 inches. 

The ClicGear comes in at 21 pounds and the Nitron is 16.7.

Before switching to a motorized cart (MGI Zip X5) I owned a Clicgear and Bagboy. I think the Clicgear was a 3.x, purchased around 2018, and the Bagboy was a tri-swivel model.

They were both great push carts, but I preferred the better maneuverability, lighter weight, and smaller folding size of the Bagboy.

I gave the Clicgear to a friend who is still using it, and the Bagboy to another friend who is still using it, and there have been no issues with either cart. I think if you get a well designed push cart and don't abuse it, there is not a lot that can go wrong that isn't serviceable.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

It just arrived! Time for the Grand Opening...

IMG_20220916_172529939_HDR.jpg

Nitron  sounds like a lesser known superhero.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

3 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

😄 The guy driving it will be even lesser known than his cart.

Or maybe its a new Transformer! Nitron converts from a push cart to a bartender complete with top shelf liquor!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 9/14/2022 at 12:00 PM, Darkfrog said:

Before switching to a motorized cart (MGI Zip X5) I owned a Clicgear and Bagboy. I think the Clicgear was a 3.x, purchased around 2018, and the Bagboy was a tri-swivel model.

They were both great push carts, but I preferred the better maneuverability, lighter weight, and smaller folding size of the Bagboy.

I gave the Clicgear to a friend who is still using it, and the Bagboy to another friend who is still using it, and there have been no issues with either cart. I think if you get a well designed push cart and don't abuse it, there is not a lot that can go wrong that isn't serviceable.

Clicgears are definitely bulkier, heavier, and harder to maneuver. Very very well made and durable, but not better for me.

Colin P.

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Or maybe its a new Transformer! Nitron converts from a push cart to a bartender complete with top shelf liquor!

Now you're talking!!!  I will speak with the company about perfecting that.  Would that be complete with or without beverage girl?  Or would that be an add-on?

• Funny 1

I took the new Nitron on a test drive this morning... putting it through its paces.  Easy/quick in and out of the trunk.  Rolls smooth.  Wide base.  Handle brake is a charm.  Overall it presents the bag a little higher than my old cart.  Thus it presents my Italian Sports Drink a little higher... rib level instead of waist level, easier to get to.  And the cell phone holder is a nice addition, allowing you to see the screen as you go.  Rolls straight and adds 30 yards to my drives.  😄

And then one of my neighbors asked, "Why are you rolling a golf cart down the street?"

• Administrator
17 hours ago, colin007 said:

harder to maneuver

That one I don't get. They're just as easy/difficult to maneuver as any other three-wheel cart.

Not as easy as the ones with a swiveling front wheel, but nearly everyone I've seen with those who don't have the motorized ones locks the front wheel anyway.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

20 hours ago, colin007 said:

Clicgears are definitely bulkier, heavier, and harder to maneuver. Very very well made and durable, but not better for me.

They maneuver just fine. All I do is just tilt the front wheel off the ground a bit, and I can rotate it 90 degrees on the spot. Super easy to do. I rather take durability over negligible maneuverability issues. I had a sun mountain push cart and it stopped folding up compact as it should. The sun mountain maneuvered just as well as the ClicGear. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

On 9/18/2022 at 7:25 AM, iacas said:

That one I don't get. They're just as easy/difficult to maneuver as any other three-wheel cart.

Not as easy as the ones with a swiveling front wheel, but nearly everyone I've seen with those who don't have the motorized ones locks the front wheel anyway.

On 9/18/2022 at 9:34 AM, saevel25 said:

They maneuver just fine. All I do is just tilt the front wheel off the ground a bit, and I can rotate it 90 degrees on the spot. Super easy to do. I rather take durability over negligible maneuverability issues. I had a sun mountain push cart and it stopped folding up compact as it should. The sun mountain maneuvered just as well as the ClicGear. 

I've tried the clicgear extensively, my golf bestie has one, same number of clubs and lightweight bags, they are simply not the same for pushing, steering, or maneuverability for me. Maybe it's not something most notice, but if I say my Camry handles better than your Accord for me then no big deal

Colin P.

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

but if I say my Camry handles better than your Accord for me then no big deal

im-confused-im-not-sure-i-understand.gif.1dabd6cfd568ee9dc988f2ec8ccd3b84.gif

• Funny 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/13/2022 at 6:14 PM, bkuehn1952 said:

I would be interested in your thoughts now.  I am thinking about getting a push cart.

On 9/13/2022 at 11:33 PM, Denny Bang Bang said:

I only used the cart twice before the 90-100 degree days kicked in, and I  have been riding since.  The weather has cooled a bit this past week so I’m planning to be able to walk most of the remainder of the season.  I’ll follow up after getting a few more rounds in on the Clicgear 4.0

I was able to play roughly 3-4 rounds with each cart during the Fall.  Something I discovered I care more about than either cart, is the bag itself.  My C130 fits better on the Clicgear 4.0, that said, it’s not a perfect fit either.  I wound up picking up a Sun Mountain Sync bag, and it’s much better on both carts.  At the end of the day, I discovered the C130 is really ideal for riding, not anything else.  I found the Sync and Ping Traverse bags were best on the push carts.  My opinion, the bag is very important.  If I didn’t already have the C130, I would have picked up the Ping Traverse bag and just have one cart bag, because it’s good on both walking and riding carts (my old cart bag was an older Traverse).  C130, riding bag.  Sync, push cart bag.  Traverse, both.  I would suggest bringing your bag to try on both carts.

Now to the carts themselves, I don’t really have much more to say on the difference between the two.  They are both nice carts, I’m keeping them both (the family will get use out of the extras here and there).  They are both a little better than my old MicroCart.

The Clicgear is definitely more adjustable, and that could be most important to some.  Although the bag holder/mount is much more adjustable (and impressive overall), the bag does wiggle around a little more.  I don’t like the rubber strap system on the Clicgear 4.0 (my opinion is bungee style straps are better).  The stock Clicgear water bottle holder is really small, the Sun Mountain stock bottle holder is bigger (and better IMO).  I do really like the adjustability of the handle on the Clicgear, can dial the height in perfect.

Regarding the umbrella mount screw issue on the Speedcart, a little loctite did the trick.  The Sync bag fits really nicely as well (I’m sure because it was designed to by Sun Mountain), and doesn’t seem to tip the cart going uphill.  The Speedcart mesh basket is better quality IMO.  The valuables tray on the Sun Mountain is better (both the Speedcart and MicroCart).

Sorry, no clear push cart winner from my perspective, there are definitely plus and minus with both.  I do think most people would be happy with either one (assuming they got an appropriate bag in the first place!).

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Informative 1