IGNORED

Question for 5 to 10 handicappers only....

Three Putt
Note: This thread is 5846 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What does it take...

• Putting, putting, and .....putting
    • swallow your pride and have good management of the tee
    • short game from 40 yards
    • forget about all of the above and just play...

for me its the mental side (i think), that holds me back,i can bang out 8,9,10, easy pars,then i think about whats happening ,then i'll bang out 4 or 5 shockers, then a few more pars,and im back to playing to my handicap,you wouldnt know my wife was studying psychology at university,

MY BATS

DRIVER- :: 905r grafalloy prolite stiff 8.5*
WOODS-starship 15* 3 wood
IRONS-:mp 32 3- pw ,s 300WEDGES- 53 & 58 *PUTTER-scotty cameronBALL- hx tourBAG- stand bag

I've been stuck around a handicap of 2-5 for years. Part of that was lack of time because of medical school and residency. For me, the difference between my typical round and a scratch round varies. One day, it's two balls OB while hitting 16 GIR. The next time out, I might hit every fairway but only hit 9 GIR. Perhaps it's a mental thing for me? As if I have to learn to allow every part of my game to be at it's best on the same day. Who knows???

Driver: R7 425 TP w/ stock Fujikura stiff shaft
Hybrid: 16 degree baffler pro with stiff Fujikura Speeder shaft
Irons: X-20 tour 3-PW w/ 6.0 Project X shafts
52 degree wedge: MR w/ Royal Spinner shaft
56 degree wedge: MR w/ Royal Spinner shaft60 degree wedge: MR w/ Royal Spinner shaftPutter:...

For me it is all about putting, i'm pro-like from 190-110 but useless from 5 feet, hopeless from 10 and pig like from anywhere else.

I feel, if i miss a short put, i might aswell of topped my t-shot, but for some reason the second would annoy me soooo much more

INT Grom

MP600 - UST V2 STIFF SHAFT

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

Most of the time I play a course with very tiny greens, some are about 400# or less (or a 20' diameter circle) and hitting a green usually puts you within less than 10 feet, over 20' is rare (maybe once a round). So I probably only get 5 or 6 GIR and pitching and chipping well are critical to scoring. But you have to putt well enough to consider a 6' putt or less a "gimme".

2007 Yamaha Cart
TaylorMade R7 460 Superquad Driver, 10.5, Reg flex (RF)
Taylormade R7 Titanium 3,5 & 7 Fairway woods RF
PING Rapture irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, graphite RF
Odyssey White Hot Two Ball putter Ping Cart Bag, Pioneer in Atomic OrangeNow playing Titleist Pro V1x balls

If I have a good day with a driver and a bad day with a putter - I don't score. I would guess that is a general trend - interesting that you find the driving being the most important element to a good score.

Well if the question is directed at me, then that's the answer. I generally putt well. I rarely have a horrible day on the greens (not saying it never happens). I may have one or two holes that I put myself in a three-putt situation. Putting is key to scoring. But for me, I lose more strokes driving than anything else. My iron play is not outstanding but it's generally pretty good. I'm very adept with chipping and pitching. So when I drive it well and consistent, more times than not, the rest of the game follows suit and I score well.

I voted for chipping. When I do well it's because I can get up and down.

For me to get to scratch, it would be a combination of putting and mental game. By that I don't mean decision making, I mean focus and concentration. Often several times in a round I'll lose my focus and that's when I mishit shots. Drives me crazy, but sometimes I can't seem to avoid it!

580xd driver
G10 15* hybrid
MP fli-hi 3 iron
MP30 4-PW
MPT 53 and 58 wedges DF 330 putterLikes: Traffic Lights (but not when they're red) Dislikes: Diamond Shreddies (why mess with a good thing?) Real Men hit 9-woods.

Note: This thread is 5846 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!