IGNORED

TST Explores the ShotScope H4 (Stats Tracking Device) and Pro LX Rangefinder

iacas

• Administrator
45 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I know you are using the laser rangefinder. But are the rest of the guys using it?

You asked if any of us were using the laser.

It's just a laser. The only thing special about it is that it has a spot if you want to magnetically stick your H4 to it.

If you have a laser already, it's not worth getting.

45 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I'm assuming there's no advantage to using their rangefinder as apposed to any other range finder?

Correct.

12 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

@billchao and I are using just the device. We both also have laser rangefinders that we use on the course additionally.

Yep.

• Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

To add to what Erik said, I am not sure I would attach the H4 to the rangefinder even if I had it. There are many times I use the H4 when I have no use for the laser, like around the green and putting. The device is just fine sitting on my belt where I can get to it whenever I need it. Attaching it to a laser seems extraneous. 

Edited by NM Golf

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

31 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

To add to what Erik said, I am not sure I would attach the H4 to the rangefinder even if I had it. There are many times I use the H4 when I have no use for the laser, like around the green and putting. The device is just fine sitting on my belt where I can get to it whenever I need it. Attaching it to a laser seems extraneous. 

I was thinking the same thing. I think it would be slightly inconvenient to have it on a rangefinder.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

40 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

While I also wouldn't put it on the rangefinder, and I also wouldn't need a rangefinder on the green, you don't laser your distances for pitch or chip shots?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

3 minutes ago, Shindig said:

While I also wouldn't put it on the rangefinder, and I also wouldn't need a rangefinder on the green, you don't laser your distances for pitch or chip shots?

No, I don't laser distances on pitch and chip shots, I tend to walk them off. 

Edited by NM Golf

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I used the H4 at Lake Winnepesaukee GC. It worked fine up there. It was off a little bit on some holes, but otherwise fine.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

I wrote to support about my lack of 325-, 350-, and 375- (if there is the last one) drives. But, I'm doing okay considering I have only four rounds in there so far, I think.

shotscope_medals.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

17 hours ago, iacas said:

I wrote to support about my lack of 325-, 350-, and 375- (if there is the last one) drives. But, I'm doing okay considering I have only four rounds in there so far, I think.

shotscope_medals.jpg

Yeah, I don't know what the deal is the the achievement medals. I have a drive from this year that finished at 352 yards, but the only medal I have for driving distance is 275 yards (they go up to 400 yards).

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

23 hours ago, iacas said:

shotscope_medals.jpg

6 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

Yeah, I don't know what the deal is the the achievement medals. I have a drive from this year that finished at 352 yards, but the only medal I have for driving distance is 275 yards (they go up to 400 yards).

Was it in the fairway? I don’t have a 300 yard drive medal yet because mine ended in the rough.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
2 hours ago, billchao said:

Was it in the fairway? I don’t have a 300 yard drive medal yet because mine ended in the rough.

Oh.

That's kinda dumb, then, if so. I might have to move it to the fairway just to get it to count. Because I hit it, so…

I get it, but I also think it's kinda dumb.

Drives in the fairway can go longer. What if you drive it through the corner of a massive dogleg, but you're totally fine? Seems a bit odd.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

Oh.

That's kinda dumb, then, if so. I might have to move it to the fairway just to get it to count. Because I hit it, so…

I get it, but I also think it's kinda dumb.

Drives in the fairway can go longer. What if you drive it through the corner of a massive dogleg, but you're totally fine? Seems a bit odd.

I don’t know. I guess it’s like those longest drive competitions in outings, they have to be in the fairway to count.

If you click on the actual medal, it tells you the criteria.

Bill

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, billchao said:

If you click on the actual medal, it tells you the criteria.

Oh, okay.

And okay, I moved my shot about a yard and a half to the left and got the 375-yard one.

I doubt I'll ever see the 400-yard-drive one.

2 hours ago, billchao said:

Was it in the fairway?

I just checked ShotScope and it recorded it in the rough, so moving fixed it. Pretty sure it was in the fairway in real life too, but close enough to rough/tree line that a minute GPS error would get mixed up (this area of the course just turns into a muddy slop pit in winter so hard to discern fairway and rough anyways). I don’t usually look at the lie information editing rounds. The “rough” at my course is not that difficult, but I do check for shots in bunkers when the GPS puts my ball next to the bunker, or putts off the fringe where sometimes they get attributed to putting stats instead of short game stats when the GPS is off by a yard or two. 

Edited by Darkfrog
Spelling and stuff

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

When I play, I keep track of fairways, GIR and some other things.   When I edit the H4 round I make sure to verify that the fairways and GIR match my scorecard.   Like previously stated, sometimes it takes moving the data collection point a few feet.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I bought the V3 last because I didn't want that annual subscription with Arccos, and Arccos was always out of the belt clip. My phone didn't fit in my pockets or lack thereof. So the V3 seemed to be a great option. I think this new option in combo with the rangefinder is a great idea for people who don't already have a rangefinder. I still have my old Bushnell. 

My only real gripe about SS is that sometimes it records the forward tees as "rough" and prompts me to "insert a tee shot" during round editing - that is my tee shot, shut up. I guess no one ever plays those tees. I do select those tees.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, DrvFrShow said:

My only real gripe about SS is that sometimes it records the forward tees as "rough" and prompts me to "insert a tee shot" during round editing - that is my tee shot, shut up. I guess no one ever plays those tees. I do select those tees.

You can reach out to support and they can add the tees.

• Administrator

I'm not sure I really understand the point of the medals and the "points" (I have 2740 I think). Is it only used in the Leaderboards? I'd like to see the Leaderboards before I consent to signing up for them. Has anyone here used them?

leaderboards.jpg

I have not use the Leaderboard.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave