IGNORED

Favorite Beer?

YogiTKE
Note: This thread is 3622 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's hard for me to not get a Leinenkugel's (esp. the Creamy Dark)... too much pride in the Badger State and Chippewa Valley.

That said, one of the best I've had lately is the Rogue Shakespeare Stout.

I used to prefer ales, but now there's nothing better than a good, dark beer.

taylormade.gif Burner SuperFast Driver, 9.5* taylormade.gif Rescue 11 2h, 16*
taylormade.gif rac Lt Irons, 3i-Pw, Aw taylormade.gif rac Satin Wedges, 54-10, 58-8 
 Corza Ghost Putter

Originally Posted by dustin88thewind

It's hard for me to not get a Leinenkugel's (esp. the Creamy Dark)... too much pride in the Badger State and Chippewa Valley.

+1 on the Leinenkugel's. Just tried the Creamy Dark lager this week, quite good. My only beef is that they're in twist-off tops, so I can't reuse the bottles for my own nefarious purposes. Guess I have to stick with Goose Island for a while (the Honkers Ale and Mild Winter are both worth looking up).

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Being in Kansas City, I'm partial to the Boulevard Smokestack series. They partnered up with Christopher Elbow (KC chocolate maker) to make a Chocolate Stout last year that was incredible. Aside from that, I really enjoy La Fin Du Monde...might be one of my all time favorites. It's rated pretty high on Beer Advocate which is the reason I was inspired to try it in the first place. In generally I'm not into anything too terribly hoppy and tend to go for the more stout beers but I'll try anything once. We have a local microbrew fest here every spring (The Parkville MicroBrew Fest) so if there are any local people on this board who haven't been, definitely check that out.

Favorite Specialty Beer: Boonville Summer Soltice, Anderson Valley Brewing Company in California

Favorite Beer on Draft: Yuengling Beer, Finally got to Ohio

Favorite Beer not from Draft: Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

This weekend I had a few Keegans Ale Mothers Milk. It was recommended by the waiter at the BBQ place we were eating at in Newburgh NY. He said it was brewed right over in Kingston NY. It's a creamy milk stout. I normally wouldn't order a stout but he guaranteed I'd like it. It turned out to be one of the best beers I ever tasted, I only hope I'm able to find it in NYC. Anyone else ever have it, what did you think?

Living part time in the Cleveland area I've gotten to like the Great Lakes brews.  Gotten especially partial to their Conway's Irish Ale - unfortunately it is a seasonal (for St. Patty's day) so I'm nursing my remaining stock.

Originally Posted by saevel25

Favorite Specialty Beer: Boonville Summer Soltice, Anderson Valley Brewing Company in California

Favorite Beer on Draft: Yuengling Beer, Finally got to Ohio

Favorite Beer not from Draft: Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold

• 1 month later...

Spitfire

Wainwright

Nest Beers by Kiuchi brewery

Kirin Classic

My Aerolite bag contains:

VR Tour Driver Project X 5.5
904F 17* 4-wood Sabre Stiff
MP68 3-PW Project X 6.0
52* Vokey Spin Milled -wedge

Redwood ZB

I prefer a ball, but may occasionally hit almost anything.

Sierra Nevada

I haven't had a beer by them that I didn't enjoy

Driver:    SLDR TP 9.5* (Tour AD DI 6S)

Wood:   Jetspeed 3W (Aldilia RIP Alpha) & SLDR 5W (Diamana Kai'li)

Hybrids: Rescue 11 3H (18*) & Rescue 11 4H (21*)

Irons:     Rocketbladez Tour 4-PW

Wedge:   ATV 52* & 58*

Putter:   Bettinardi Signature 6

Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

It is summer and my mainstream beer of choice right now is Stella Artois or Blue Moon but if I have time at home I love Allagash Four brew. It only comes in quart size with a cork. I am sure it is on tap in Portland somewhere. 10% alc so you do not need much.

http://www.allagash.com/beer/year-round/four

My girlfriend loves the Curieux, if you like the Bourbon hint

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Most of the time it is Bud Light, but since it is already in the 90's I have been enjoying Shiner Ruby Red. Good stuff, really refreshing. They have a tendency to go down too fast and often though

• 2 weeks later...

*Newsflash*----------Schlitz (yes, Schlitz) has re-issued its 1960s formula, and guess what? It rocks! It's nowhere near the realm of Pabst and Schaeffer anymore. It tastes more along the lines of a malty dry hopped micro brew. And it's only $5/six pack here in Jersey. Check it out!

dak4n6

Originally Posted by dak4n6

*Newsflash*----------Schlitz (yes, Schlitz) has re-issued its 1960s formula, and guess what? It rocks! It's nowhere near the realm of Pabst and Schaeffer anymore. It tastes more along the lines of a malty dry hopped micro brew. And it's only $5/six pack here in Jersey. Check it out!

Just saw some ol steel Schlitz cans on a fence where they are doing road work yesterday

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• 3 weeks later...

As long as it's an IPA I'm drinking it. I keep my kegerator stocked at all times with a rotating menu of IPA's. Being on the East Coast I can't get the really fantastic ones from the West Coast in kegs but I keep trying. We have 14 microbreweries here but a great IPA is only done by one at the moment.

I just love watching people walk into a brew pub and order a Bud Light when they only server their own beer. The expression is priceless, like what did you just say, that does not compute, give me a Miller Lite then, uh uh... Those aren't beers anyway.

Note: This thread is 3622 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!