IGNORED

Big Break IV Discussion

Thrash13
Note: This thread is 6673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't know about the 6I that was hit, but the 4I hit my the american captin was a low punch and run shot.
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is I love that show. Watching these guys gag under pressure is hilarious. Not one of them is remotely close to a legit tour player, but it is fun to watch how they handle the different circumstances and they're comments. Randall is a joke. That guy won't shut his yapper yet he is the biggest choker on either team.

Forgive me if this is a repeat post but I just happend to turn on the GC and BB4 was on..is it me or is "Guy" horrible? I just saw him shank one into the cabbage then squib it over the green then duff a chip onto the apron..even I can do that. The best part of BB4 is when it's over..bring back the ladies.

• Administrator
bring back the ladies.

Amen to that!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Randall is the biggest spank this season and now he's gone. "I was trying be conservative, but aggressive." Uh huh.

What a douche. Sure, hey may be a nice guy, and I don't doubt that he is. But his "positive thinking" didn't just border on "delusional thinking," it took up permanent residence there. From what I've seen of his game, I have no idea how he's a + handicap.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Most of the contestants on all the BBs seem to talk a better game than they play. Is that because they crack under the pressure or just egotistical? Why wouldn't a contestant portray himself as a longshot to win because the others are better, thereby putting more pressure on others and less on himself? Most of these people on all the BBs think they're Charles Howell but golf more like Charles Barkley.
In the bag:

Callaway Big Bertha 454 9* w/ Aldila NV 65-S shaft
Callaway Big Bertha 3-Wood
Titleist DCI 981 irons Cleveland 588 60* and 64* wedgesOdyssey White Hot #5 center shafted putterBridgestone B330/Callaway HX Tour balls

I don't know why, but I really like this season's BB. I'm obviously in the minority, but I just love team competition stuff. And I have enjoyed this season so far. Sure, there isn't as much drama, but I'm a boring guy anyway. So it fits my style nicely.

I don't know how Randall made it that far. I think most of the guys I played with at the Newport Cup would spank Randall on the course (myself and Jeff excluded). :)

I really like Marty, but that guy is borderline lunatic. Paul and Warren are showing how good they are the farther the show goes on, and I think they will be playing in the end. That will be a darn good match I think.

Anyway, onto next week.

• Administrator
I don't know why, but I really like this season's BB. I'm obviously in the minority, but I just love team competition stuff. And I have enjoyed this season so far. Sure, there isn't as much drama, but I'm a boring guy anyway. So it fits my style nicely.

It got better the past two weeks making the guys play actual golf, but on a scale of 1 to 10, this season ranks an easy 3. III gets a 5. II gets a 7. I didn't see any of 1.

Jack Nicklaus once said that he has never had a 3 putt. Not that he can't admit it, just that he doesn't ever want to think or have the image in his head of a bad shot or putt. That being said, these guys aren't Jack and should fess up that they're human and there's a reason their not on tour.

BUT I do like their positive thinking which will always be viewed by some as egotistical/arrogant and by others as self confidence

It got better the past two weeks making the guys play actual golf, but on a scale of 1 to 10, this season ranks an easy 3. III gets a 5. II gets a 7. I didn't see any of 1.

You are probably right, but I'm into golf a lot more than I was for those other seasons. That could be the reason why. I did enjoy last season though. I think I'm just easy to please.

• Administrator
You are probably right, but I'm into golf a lot more than I was for those other seasons. That could be the reason why. I did enjoy last season though. I think I'm just easy to please.

The teaser for BBV shows a pretty leggy, thin woman. I'm looking forward to it and the gratuitous leg and cleavage shots. I WAS looking forward to BBIV, but it's been a disappointment. Don got on to spice it up once, at least. And y'all know I don't like Don...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

So much for your predictions, eh Cody! Bwah ha ha ha ha!

And damn if Guy didn't make some putts. But it's just another example of how cheap the show really is: they give the guy a two-year lease. Whoopty freakin' doo. Give him the damn car!

Warren is a spaz, chucking his putter all over the place. No idea how he putted well enough to win a British Am - he hasn't putted well the whole time. Leaving a 40-footer six or seven feet short?

Marty drained some good ones, and Thomas was largely unflappable. They mocked his choice to putt from off the green, but I'd have done the same thing, particularly with the lead as he had. Had Warren's chip gone in, I think Thomas would have won the playoff.

• Administrator
Allrighty, Marty done choked his chances away. I think Paul has a much bigger edge on TJ than either European has on the other. They're very closely matched, those two, and a little better than Paul.

I liked Marty but didn't feel he belonged there, way to streaky and emotional. If he can learn to control his emotions better he'd be a great player, the rest of his game is there, minus his shanks, which I think is mental errors.

Of the four left, TJ is the weakest and I think it'll come down to Guy and Thomas. It'll be interesting to see what challenges they face in these last few episodes.

I personally don't know how Marty stayed as long as he did. I believe he was probably the least skilled golfer in the whole thing.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

• Administrator
I personally don't know how Marty stayed as long as he did. I believe he was probably the least skilled golfer in the whole thing.

How quickly you forget Randall and a few of the other Americans...

How quickly you forget Randall and a few of the other Americans...

How quickly I do forget, no kiddin' how bad was that guy. I have to say I know that they are under a lot of pressure, and the conditions are not the easiest by a stretch but come on, how are these guys gonna compete with real professionals. It just takes very few rounds playing alongside a PGA tour caliber player to realize those damn guys are good. The guys on the show will not be able to compete.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Note: This thread is 6673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!