IGNORED

Big Break IV Discussion

Thrash13
Note: This thread is 6679 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
How quickly I do forget, no kiddin' how bad was that guy. I have to say I know that they are under a lot of pressure, and the conditions are not the easiest by a stretch but come on, how are these guys gonna compete with real professionals. It just takes very few rounds playing alongside a PGA tour caliber player to realize those damn guys are good. The guys on the show will not be able to compete.

I have no idea what made them think they could be professional golfers. Paul I could see because he said he likes teaching, but there's pro golf and there's Tour golf...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is amazing watching really good, scratch golfers and seeing how much the don't compare to the real pros. But still it is fun and I wish the winner well, hoping he gets some cash out of the 2 exemptions he will win. Nearly everyone on the show seems pretty enjoyable and entertaining and I wouldn't mind playing a round with almost any of them.

But back to the competiton itself. I think Guy has it in the bag. He is the only player that has never had a bad day. I don't recall seeing him struggle through any of the competitons.

Still I have to root for Paul, as he has the best chance of the two remaining Americans.

• Administrator
It is amazing watching really good, scratch golfers and seeing how much the

Bart didn't have a bad day in BBII and yet was booted before even reaching the finals. Don was more consistent than Kip, yet Kip won. Consistency Schmonsistency!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yeah, the overall best golfer probably won't win many of the Big Breaks, and that kinda stinks. But it's just the way it is. I liked Marty, but he will need to mature mentally a little more before returning to competitive golf. He is kinda psycho at times. I'd be afraid to play against him for fear of getting drilled by a club. :)

My finals prediction is still intact I believe. I may have been wrong about Warren, but I still think Thomas and Paul will meet in the finals. I picked Paul due to American favoritism, but I think Thomas is the best out of the two.

Like Erik said, none of the competitors look real solid when it comes down to it. But I still enjoy watching it.

Well after tonights episode I was really surprised at Guy - worst I have seen him play. Thomas did impress me; I never thought he was that great, just pretty consistent. Again he didn't hit any great shots (well, he did birdie one hole, no?) but he was solid. And I was happy with Paul's performance for once. That 200 yard (plus change) shot he put by the putt was nice.

I was glad it was not an elimination night, I kind of wish that had a few of those early on, as it is nice to see the competitors a bit more (and prolong the show). At least they give you a bit of insight into the players you hardly see when you get to see them hit the old clubs, vote on who they think will win it, etc.

All and all its a great show. My wife is addicted to reality shows and I think this is the only one I watch. I am starting to see the appeal.

I enjoyed the in depth look into the players backgrounds. It gives a more personal touch. It appears that Paul and Thomas will probably face off in the finals. Both appear to be the most consistent. I've been impressed with Thomas' bunker play. Always seems to get close to the pin. Paul seems to deal with the pressure best. He is very consistent and hits the ball pretty straight. If his putting holds up, I think he might just walk away the winner.

• Administrator
TJ SUCKS
Seriously, two 100 yard shots that went halfway? When was the last time you did that TWICE in one round, let alone twice within three holes? What a dope.

I'm glad they're doing more actual golf this year and less of the tricked up bullshit.

I was also glad to see a little glimpse of their personal lives. It's always nice to know more about the people you are watching. My finals prediction is still looking very solid. TJ should be the next to go, with Guy going shortly thereafter.

And the more I think about it, the more I think Paul will beat Thomas in match-play to win the whole thing. Thomas is very consistent, but he tends to hit a bad shot about once every three or four holes.

I thought last night's episode was pretty decent, and I'm ready to watch some eliminations next week. And the finale should be fun as well because we will get to see a lot of golf.

I like Paul more and more with every show.
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

If I was paul I think I'd have wrapped tj's wedge right around his neck. Now I'm no scratch golfer but christ I could have got closer than that with my eyes closed. I love the show and the concept but these guys seem to be the worst they have had on.

The first few shows I figured it was probably just nerves but they're not getting better. Paul has been consistent clear through and should definitely be a favorite to win.

I really loved when paul pulled that driver and then put it back in the bag. He knew that their ego would kick in and they'd pull driver. That has to be the best bit I've seen on the show. All time classic

"I really loved when paul pulled that driver and then put it back in the bag. He knew that their ego would kick in and they'd pull driver. That has to be the best bit I've seen on the show. All time classic" (well put)

I Loved it too! I love the gamesmanship that surfaces in match play. Refreshing.

Being from Holland I know the city Thomas comes from (Wassenaar). A city filled with rich *******s. Just like Thomas with his popped up collar.

Im rooting for Paul, he deserves to win.

• Administrator
Being from Holland I know the city Thomas comes from (Wassenaar). A city filled with rich *******s. Just like Thomas with his popped up collar.

Thomas "likes the color white" (and his whole apartment is proof of that). He organizes his clothes by color They have a word for that, too...

While I like Paul, I really hope the final is Thomas vs Guy but I have a feeling that the show will put Paul vs TJ and Thomas vs Guy so that they can have an American vs Euro final.

I also liked seeing the backgrounds for the personal touch but I really liked seeing the players eliminated voting on who would win, they know where the talent lays with Paul, Thomas and Guy.

That doesn't necessarily mean he's a prick too though. Just becuase the French can't win a war doesn't mean Frenchmen can't fight.

That doesn't necessarily mean he's a prick too though. Just becuase the French can't win a war doesn't mean Frenchmen can't fight.

Having been in that position when I was in the military (stationed near a French Army Kaserne), I haven't met one that could fight his was out of a wet paper bag.....at least not without an American lending a helping hand! But having said that, the hand we presented was hardly a helping one, unless changing the location on his face where his nose is placed counts.

While I like Paul, I really hope the final is Thomas vs Guy

Yeah, I'm pretty positive it's Thomas vs. Guy and Paul vs. TJ next week. I think they are setting it up for the European vs. American final. But that probably makes sense, so more of both countries will tune in to see who wins.

Note: This thread is 6679 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!