IGNORED

Big Break Ka'anapali

Big_M
Note: This thread is 5680 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Did anyone else notice that at about five to ten minutes in, a chiron ran that said "catch the finale next tuesday at 10pm" and it had pictures of Sophie and Kim?

I don't know what a chiron is, but I surely didn't see it. Probably because I DVR the show, then fast forward through commercials, teasers & etc. with the intent of "catching up" with the show at 10:59 p.m.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lori looks the strongest player in a format like this, but keep in mind we haven't exactly seen her putting on display very often. She blew the short birdie putt after hitting it to 4 feet a couple of weeks ago, shoving it past on the high side. And when Courtney and Tina managed the clutch putts in the first elimination challenge, Lori was shown in the confessional, conceding she didn't know if she could have handled a putt in that situation.

Maybe it's not kosher to quote myself, but I did take note of Lori's putting woes more than a month ago. That quote from Lori was more telling than anything else, expressing doubt she could make a clutch putt to avoid elimination. I kept it in mind.

But Lori's excuse of not playing many holes so she couldn't get a feel for the greens is weak, considering the time specifics. Last night's episode was filmed on the same day as the prior episode, the one with Christina eliminated. Lori played Christina over 3 holes in the morning and her lag putting was excellent, smack beside the cup. Then she comes out hours later and blasts the first putts. Plus, I doubt the already safe competitors were prevented from practicing a bit on the specific greens, the ones they would need to know if they advanced to the 18 hole final. The producer says shooting normally wrapped between 3-4 PM every day. I'm amazed there aren't leaks in a situation like this. Sure, they intimidate the competitors with threats of lawsuit but any competent lawyer could squash that. It's being held in a public setting months in advance of taping. Any number of people could have access to results, intentionally or otherwise. And in this case with one European in the final there's even more potential. After all, is Sophie really going to fly back here to play one event in Alabama in September? LOL. Anyone who knew her typical schedule, and how it deviates this year, if at all, would have a huge hint at next Tuesday's result. I'm rooting for Kim but about a month ago I realized I had severely underestimated Sophie. It was gulp realization, not minor. Sophie is accurate, creative, can putt, and has athletic arrogance. A real-time betting line on this matchup would not have been lopsided.

I think Kim probably wins, because the winner gets all her travel and entry paid for on the futures tour, and Kim has played in every event on the futures tour this year. Sophie on the other hand has not played in any futures tour events and is not even a member of the tour. Sophie does normally play on the LET, but I would think free travel and entry would be incentive enough to play the futures tour.

• Administrator
I don't know what a chiron is, but I surely didn't see it. Probably because I DVR the show, then fast forward through commercials, teasers & etc. with the intent of "catching up" with the show at 10:59 p.m.

It's actually a "chyron." My bad. D'oh.

A chyron is... well... it's also called a "lower third" graphic. Graphics that appear at the bottom of the screen. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chyron http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lower_third The chyron wasn't during a commercial, it was during play. We paused the show on our DVR too and started watching at about 10:30.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Did anyone else notice that at about five to ten minutes in, a chiron ran that said "catch the finale next tuesday at 10pm" and it had pictures of Sophie and Kim?

I didn't notice that, but about 5 minutes in there was a cut to a Sophie confessional clip where she said, in reference to competing against Kim, "It's going to be tough." Not past tense as in "I knew it was going to be tough"... it was obvious she meant "going forward, it's going to be tough." That gave it away for me.

Bill

I didn't notice that, but about 5 minutes in there was a cut to a Sophie confessional clip where she said, in reference to competing against Kim, "It's going to be tough." Not past tense as in "I knew it was going to be tough"... it was obvious she meant "going forward, it's going to be tough." That gave it away for me.

I thought about that too, but I believe they ask the players "What were you thinking at the time?" and instruct them to answer as though they were answering the question at the previous point in time.

Lori's arrogance early in the show annoyed me. I'm very glad to see her gone. I think the finale should be good. These are truly two of the better players. I thought there were a couple of others who should have gone deep but you gotta do it week in and week out. No margin for error. Kim's long ball is going to be the X factor next week. If she keeps it in play she's going to be extremely tough to beat.

See ya Lori! BYE BYE. dont let your putter hit you in the ass on the way off the green that you were 3 putting on. Karma baby Karma

Driver - SQ SUMO2 9.5 stiff
3 Wood - SQ SUMO2 15* stiff
Hybrid SQ SUMO2 20* stiff
Irons - CCi steel stiff
Wedge - 56*Wedge - Knight 60*Putter - ITraxBall - platinum+Black but soon to be switching to pr0v1 SG 2.5

Didn't see the show on Tuesday, but I too am glad to see Lori gone. I thought her game wasn't up to snuff and she clearly used "mind games" to get as far as she did. I think she's had enough chances. Perhaps next year if Lori is back next year they can change the title from Big Break to Semi-Regular Break.
In my Hoofer2 bag:

Driver: 905S 9.5° (Grafalloy Blue XS Shaft) or 975F 7.5° (Grafalloy Shaft)
Fairway Metal: 906F2 13° (UST Proforce V2 75 gram XS Shaft)
Irons: Apex Forged 2-PW (Dynamic Gold X100 Shafts)Wedges: Vokey 54° and 60° (Dynamic Gold Wedge Shafts)Putter: Newport Studio...

• Administrator
I was so excited to see Lori get pushed out the door. I'm just rooting for Kim

I'm just glad she fit (through the door). Good riddens.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

In her exit interview, Lori says some people love her and others hate her; I would like to know who the one person is that loves her! Wonder who she had to pay? I'm hoping Sophie gets hers and is sent packing next week.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

• Administrator
In her exit interview, Lori says some people love her and others hate her; I would like to know who the one person is that loves her! Wonder who she had to pay? I'm hoping Sophie gets hers and is sent packing next week.

Given that Sophie has yet to play on the Futures Tour in 2008, it's a pretty safe assumption that Kim wins, yeah.

Didn't see the show on Tuesday, but I too am glad to see Lori gone. I thought her game wasn't up to snuff and she clearly used "mind games" to get as far as she did. I think she's had enough chances. Perhaps next year if Lori is back next year they can change the title from Big Break to Semi-Regular Break.

If they invite her back next year they are going to have to call the show "Really Big @ss Break"

In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

Given that Sophie has yet to play on the Futures Tour in 2008, it's a pretty safe assumption that Kim wins, yeah.

Probably true. BUT, Sophie is a card-carrying member of the Ladies European Tour, which, in addition to fitting her style of play (low and accurate) much better, also pays way more than the Futures Tour. (Purses on the DFT seem to fall in the $80,000-$110,000 range, whereas purses on the LET range from €200,000-500,000... conversion to American dollars increases this amount by nearly 50%.) I don't see why Sophie would travel to America to play for chump change, especially when considering her style of golf.

FWIW, neither Kim nor Sophie are listed as entrants into the Navistar LPGA event on its official website.

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

• Administrator
Probably true. BUT, Sophie is a card-carrying member of the Ladies European Tour, which, in addition to fitting her style of play (low and accurate) much better, also pays way more than the Futures Tour. (Purses on the DFT seem to fall in the $80,000-$110,000 range, whereas purses on the LET range from €200,000-500,000... conversion to American dollars increases this amount by nearly 50%.) I don't see why Sophie would travel to America to play for chump change, especially when considering her style of golf.

I considered that, yes, but if she wants to get to the LPGA Tour, surely I would think she would think that trying to make it via the Futures Tour would be the way to go.

She could have won and decided to pursue the money on the LET, but I still doubt it. Have you seen how bad the golfers on the Futures Tour are? I mean, Lori Atsedes is considered "good" for that tour.

I was on a location in the boonies Tuesday and missed Lori's judgement day. Just wish it had been Christina handing it to her.

I was so excited to see Lori get pushed out the door. I'm just rooting for Kim

Did he manage to say goodbye to Lori?

http://www.insidethedragonsden.com/i...allfolks_2.jpg

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Note: This thread is 5680 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!