IGNORED

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought?

Just ordered a hitting mat and hitting net so I can keep smacking balls around while were in shut down mode. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, Sandy Divot said:

Golf balls

You can't just say "Golf balls"!  What kind? How much did you pay? Are those your regular kind or are you trying something new?

Edited by ChetlovesMer

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Footjoy Contour shoes for $39.95 (closeout).  Two year waterproof guarantee.  I walk a fair amount of the time and beat the heck out of a pair of shoes.

Contour.jpg

Brian Kuehn

13 Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips. Still on the way - wanted to buy MCC on ebay but the price was too good to be true. When I asked the seller if there was any chance they weren’t genuine there was no answer. So I bought the tour velvets from a reputable online store in the UK. Might take a while to get them tough and then to get them changed. 

(before that it was 50 pro v1s lakeballs for 75€, and even before that a 2i Taylormade UDi - that is another scary beast all by itself 🙂 )

Superspeed trainer clubs.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Excluding lessons which are technically a golf purchase, but I think this is looking for material purchase.

Golf gloves (two pack weathersof). They are my favorite to practice in, it’s a waste to practice in the super soft expensive ones.

Last big purchase was a new golf bag around Christmas.

image.png.5f1d9b76e0c5578786a4f120c1c8e03f.png

This grip in jumbo size with extra wraps installed on my M5 driver.

In my Bag:

Driver - SLDR 430 - 10.5 deg
3 Wood - SLDR HL
Irons - TM Tour CB's                                                                                                                                                                 Wedges - TM                                                                                                                                                                               Putter - Odyssey White Ice 2 Ball

On 3/20/2020 at 9:22 PM, ChetlovesMer said:

20200320_205917.thumb.jpg.fa632ccf6ccb0adcf3dbc0bb1bf2e157.jpg

Those are my favorite also. And pretty much for the exact same reasons. The feel is awesome and the seem to last forever. Well as long as I can keep them lol. 

Ok last thing I bought was a new set of M4s. Played with a friend and he rented some and I hit them a little during our round.  So I traded my Nike blades in and got them. Basically it’s like I’m a new golfer again and have no idea how to hit a ball. 

17 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

How about last golf thing I FOUND???  Yesterday, while looking for something else in my crowded closet I found 3 sleeves of Snell golf balls I forgot I had.  If I dig deeper or do a Spring cleaning maybe I'll find some ProV1s.

Otherwise, 14 golf spikes.

It’s like Christmas!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Not including the T300 irons a month ago, a hat the other day from Golf Galaxy just before the store closed down for the duration.

It's a Taylor Made fitted hat, originally $30, marked down, 50% then another 75% at the register. It fits my head perfectly. Now all I need to do is venture outside and play.

InShot_hat.jpg

Edited by xrayvizhen

Driver, 3W & 4 Hybrid: 2023 :titleist: TSR3 
Irons: 2020 :titleist: T300
Wedges: 2012 :callaway: XTour 56o & 2021 Jaws 60o

Putter: :odyssey: Marxman (Mallet) / :tmade: Juno (Blade) plus 7 or 8 others in a barrel in my basement

1) The Putter Ruler

It is 36" long; has two sides - the one side has a hole in one end where you place the ball; then stroke your putt, if the ball stays on the ruler then you have hit it square (+- 0.5 degrees). The other side has colored rectangles - place the ball in the center of the yellow rectangle, then make a stroke so that your stroke path travels consistently from one color to the matching color. These are the basic drills. It has a pamphlet showing other drills including one that allows you to estimate green speed (Stimp).

2) The Gravity Grip by Evnroll - From Evnroll's website: The Gravity Grip has an ultra-light EVA foam body that only weighs 35 grams and is molded in a deep V shape. A 70 gram 10” steel rod is installed in the bottom of the V running the entire length of the grip. By positioning the weight directly under and a half-inch away from the shaft, the hands can feel the position of the putter face. Tying the hands to the putter face promotes keeping the putter’s face angle square thru the entire hitting area. This virtually eliminates face rotation at impact. The foam body, the steel rod and the outer wrap gives the Gravity Grip a total weight of 120 grams. This heavier-than-usual grip weight allows for more weight in the putter head. The result is a greater overall weight for increased stability and accuracy, while maintaining an ideal swing weight for optimum feel and distance control. I weighed the grip on my digital scale and it was actually 125gms.

GravityGrip2.jpg

GravityGrip1.JPG

PutterRuler2.jpg

PutterRuler1.jpg

20 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

How about last golf thing I FOUND???  Yesterday, while looking for something else in my crowded closet I found 3 sleeves of Snell golf balls I forgot I had.  If I dig deeper or do a Spring cleaning maybe I'll find some ProV1s.

Otherwise, 14 golf spikes.

In the last 3 days I have found a towel each day. I just look at them and keep walking.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

Just bought a golf net and mat for backyard. 

• Like 1

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I bought an old, discontinued Zelocity launch monitor from a guy who was paid in the units when the company went out of business.  Sounds shady, I know, but it was just fifty bucks, and if it gives me some basic data, it'll be worth it.  I figure that once the pandemic allows, I'll take it in and compare readings with the Flightscope at the place that I take lessons and see how accurate it is.  I'm really hoping that it will help me get a real handle on what my average distances are.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

On 3/21/2020 at 4:51 PM, ChetlovesMer said:

You can't just say "Golf balls"!  What kind? How much did you pay? Are those your regular kind or are you trying something new?

Titleist has a promotion that give an insulated tumbler with the purchase of a dozen Velocity balls, and I wanted the cup more than the balls, so I bought some. I think this promo is only available at on course shops. I first saw this on Team Titleist discussion board. I usually play ProV1x, but I'll give these a try. They were $29 with tax.