IGNORED

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought?

• iacas changed the title to Last (Golf) Thing You Bought

Just picked up a Bushnell Tour V4 rangefinder. Needed to replace my old Leupold for years.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

59 minutes ago, billchao said:

Just picked up a Bushnell Tour V4 rangefinder. Needed to replace my old Leupold for years.

Hey Bill..anything specific about this one? I need a new one and am looking at the hybrid ones with finder/gps built in. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Hey Bill..anything specific about this one? I need a new one and am looking at the hybrid ones with finder/gps built in. 

As in why I chose it? It was marked down 😃

I have a gps when I need to use that so I’m good there. It’s a Bushnell so I know it’s good, it’s compact, and I didn’t want the slope version.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Hi Everyone, 

So, I have played 5 rounds with my new Majek Irons. 

I love them!

I am amazed at how forgiving and how well they perform. I think I have hit every iron at least once. 

To get out of deep rough, I usually hit my 7 iron back to the fairway. 

Since they are a Senior Flex, I find if I push the iron, I usually flub the shot. However, if I slow my back swing down and stop at the top before starting my downswing, the club reacts perfectly and I get a great shot. 

If I am in thick grass, but shallow rough, I will use my 3 or 4 iron to pull it out of the grass. (Something I couldn't do with my conventional irons.) 

BTW, I have won the Men's Senior Scramble the last 3 weeks. 

Now to start working on my putting. 

Retired Old Man

Callaway Rogue Driver, 12.5 loft, regular shaft, draw

Pure Spin 60* Loft Wedge, Stiff Shaft

Pure Spin "A" Wedge, Regular Flex

Irons are G-15 Pings, 5 iron - Pitching Wedge

Callaway Rogue 5 Wood, regular flex                        Callaway Rogue 3 Wood, regular flex

Callaway Cobra Hybrid #3 & #5

Mallet Style Putter 

Bought myself yet another pair of shoes, and bought my mom a new headcover for her driver.  The old one (that came with a driver over a dozen years ago) is falling apart and now she has a Golden Doodle stuffed animal for her driver. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Several years ago I bought some used clubs from my golf pro.  Over the years I have been replacing my 'used' clubs with new, fitted ones.  Today I went to a fitting at Dicks for a new Driver.  I went in with two models in mind.  The guy watched me fumble around for a while and then suggested a club I had not considered... AND IT WORKED!  Mostly highly recommend going to a pro for a fitting; it is their job to fit you with a club that matches your game. I came away with a Callaway Epic Flash.  It was a floor demo, so I got it at a good price as well.

• :callaway: Callaway Epic Flash Driver.  Epic Flash 3 Wood.  GBB Flash 5 wood.  Epic Flash 4 Hybrid
  • :cleveland: Cleveland Launcher HB Irons, 4 through PW. CBX2 Wedges, 54 & 60 degree.
  • :seemore:  Seemore Si1 putter.

• 3 weeks later...

I just splurged and purchased a Bushnell V5 Tour Shift rangefinder. I tried it yesterday and love it. The optics are very clear and the screen is very easy to read. I sometimes have a hard time holding it's still but manage okay.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Just bought a Cobra F9 3 hybrid for my son. He traded in his old clubs, I used my 5 Dicks $10 rebates, and my 2 gift cards and scored it for $18. It was on sale for $170. Next up will be a 3W and then a new driver after he works out his driver swing. 

On 4/9/2020 at 12:20 AM, SteveH said:

Last thing I bought is a Shotscope V3. Doesn't ship till end of May though (hoping it's not delayed)  I was thinking of upgrading my irons to the newer model  but the fitting I booked had to be put on the back burner for a while

What do you think of the Shotscope V3?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

15 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

What do you think of the Shotscope V3?

Showed up Tuesday and I played with it on Wednesday. The GPS worked great, was accurate and updated quickly etc. It did a good job of tracking all my shots.  I had to do a bunch of editing due to forgetting to tag a few penalties, as well as a few putts etc but otherwise was pretty accurate.   Played with it again Friday and uploaded the round but I can't find it to check and edit.  I'm sure support will help me sort it, they seem pretty responsive.  The watch is a lot smaller than the previous model and is comfortable and light at 40g.  It charges fast and looks like getting 10hrs of GPS and tracking will be no problem.  Happy with it, other than a few others are having some issues and no doubt they will be tweaking the firmware and sending an update

I bought myself a new 3W.  I use my 3W a lot. Tees, fairways etc.

Barring golf balls, the last golf related purchase was around six months ago when my dad had his old set of golf clubs re-gripped.  It is actually a spare set now, but the rats had bitten part of the grips.  Not really useful in the sense that I brought my clubs down with me when I came during the Covid quarantine and am now working from home.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

On 5/18/2020 at 7:05 PM, woodzie264 said:

Just got a set of Ping i500’s today. Less forgiving than my old Ping G5 cavity backs, but picked up 10-15yds per club...which I expected. Those G5’s were 15 years old or so. 

My buddy has a set of those, and they are sweet.

I bought a used Bushnell Phantom, and I am looking forward to getting to know my yardages a lot better.

Edited by bwdial

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White