IGNORED

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought?

Well I'm a newbie here with only a few posts but just have to admit to all that I am a Magpie when it comes to golf bags and headcovers, and I had to pull the trigger on a second bag today. Bag is made by Vessel and while a little pricey, it's perhaps the best quality bag I have ever seen.

VGA_USAF_ServiceBranchStandBag_2048x.thumb.png.469caee9aed5247876fa83452308e49a.png

I'm thinking this bag will go quite nicely with my new Rose and Fire and prg putter cover

RemoveBeforeFlightDriverCover1_1024x1024.thumb.jpg.e452d0ce9ed758bbebda9edcbc5c199b.jpg

OldGloryClassicFW3_1024x1024.thumb.jpg.b21e5c8fedbbcd808c6844d7ff86227b.jpg

sharkcoverXhybrid_1024x1024.thumb.jpg.ac2f03b29c6b685176185bab19d0cf3e.jpg

sharkcoverXhybrid_1024x1024.thumb.jpg.ac2f03b29c6b685176185bab19d0cf3e.jpg

A_84_280x420.png.64a0c8616e91e6085023dc4f7bb6715d.png

VGA_USAF_ServiceBranchStandBag_2048x.png

sharkcoverHhybrid_1024x1024.jpg

A_84_280x420.png

MFA_Registration.pdf

• Like 1

Range finder - arrives today. After pestering my Royal New Kent playing group for distances all day, I realized it was time to replace my old one which I tossed last year.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

21 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Range finder - arrives today. After pestering my Royal New Kent playing group for distances all day, I realized it was time to replace my old one which I tossed last year.

Nice! Which one did you get? And it’s not like it would have helped at RNK when you can’t see the pin on half the approaches on the course... 😉 

- John

On 7/15/2020 at 1:43 PM, Grizvok said:

Titleist 716 AP2s, hitting net, and hitting mat. Excited to be able to practice at home.

@Grizvok how are you finding the 716 AP2? I was looking seriously at used sets of that exact model just the other day.

(edited)
4 hours ago, Hardspoon said:

Nice! Which one did you get? And it’s not like it would have helped at RNK when you can’t see the pin on half the approaches on the course... 😉 

Well, that’s true.

TecTecTec VPro500S - haven’t used it yet aside from sighting in on neighbor’s basketball goal

Edited by woodzie264

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator
3 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

Well, that’s true.

TecTecTec VPro500S - haven’t used it yet aside from sighting in on neighbor’s basketball goal

Did you miss the Precision Pro review?

https://thesandtrap.com/b/accessories/precision_pro_nx9_rangefinder_review

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I never saw that. 

-Jonny

Just Ordered the Titleist T-200 Irons, 3-4 weeks.  Hope the weather will be good enough to play a couple of times.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

I never saw that. 

I posted it in the forum too:

🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 1 year later...

New putter Scotty Cameron Phantom x 8.5 35" I put a superstroke pistol GT 2.0 grip on it

IMG_6359.jpeg

• Like 1

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

For me I think the last thing would be the lesson package, including GEARS that @iacas offered. 

On 11/1/2020 at 7:42 PM, Crazyassgolfer said:

Just purchased the following for post surgery golf being that I am a USAF Veteran I thought they would be appropriate.

hoofer_02_multicam_708x708.jpg

RemoveBeforeFlightDriverCover1_1024x1024.jpg

OldGloryClassicFW3_1024x1024.jpg

sharkcoverHhybrid_1024x1024.jpg

sharkcoverXhybrid_1024x1024.jpg

A_84_280x420.png

Okay, that is F-ing cool. Thanks for your service. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

See the source image

Just put it in the bag this week. Have only used it once but so far so good.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

I recently purchased a pair of winter gloves.  For some reason I could not find the pair I bought a few years ago, and it is getting cold!

• :callaway: Callaway Epic Flash Driver.  Epic Flash 3 Wood.  GBB Flash 5 wood.  Epic Flash 4 Hybrid
  • :cleveland: Cleveland Launcher HB Irons, 4 through PW. CBX2 Wedges, 54 & 60 degree.
  • :seemore:  Seemore Si1 putter.

• 3 weeks later...

A few weeks ago I bought a pair of winter golf gloves.  However, with all the warm weather we've been having in Central Virginia, I have not used them so far.

• :callaway: Callaway Epic Flash Driver.  Epic Flash 3 Wood.  GBB Flash 5 wood.  Epic Flash 4 Hybrid
  • :cleveland: Cleveland Launcher HB Irons, 4 through PW. CBX2 Wedges, 54 & 60 degree.
  • :seemore:  Seemore Si1 putter.

Last golf thing that I bought was a 2013 gas EZ-Go golf cart.  Well, technically, it would be the cover for it that I ordered shortly after purchasing the cart.

Last golf thing I bought - an online package special from Maple Hill Golf - new Under Armour golf polo, sleeve of TaylorMade Distance balls, TM Hat (red) and mini-golf towel (the last two were Christmas presents to the grandson, one of my chief golf partners).  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star