IGNORED

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought?

Just bid off my third pair of second-hand golf shoes.

Am hitting into the net that came Saturday.

Have spent many hundreds (I don't want to know) over the last few weeks on grips (tape/solvent), gloves, tees, balls, lead tape, a couple woods, a set of vintage irons, headcovers, other shoes, groove cleaner, a swingweight scale... have an umbrella in a cart somewhere that I'll be getting soon when I find it. I'm re-stocking from long time away from the game.

Just found this thread. Going back out to hit the big stick into the net.  The 4 wood is working great, so I may as well push it, find my point of failure!

But I still need a bigger hitting mat, maybe another bag. I can't stop looking at vintage irons, oh and a rangefinder, perhaps a GPS device and a launch monitor maybe. Thankfully I'm not too proud to buy second-hand gear to save buck here and there.

This ain't no Party, this ain't no Disco...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm in the habit of telling people not to spend money on new clubs, that Top Flites work just fine for the vast majority of players, and that golf "technology" is a bunch of hooey. 

I just bought a Callaway ST Max driver (9.0) and made sure my kids each bought me a dozen ProV1's for my birthday. 

I wish I was kidding. 

They call it golf because the other four-letter words were taken. – Ray Floyd

5 minutes ago, Opoponax said:

I'm in the habit of telling people not to spend money on new clubs, that Top Flites work just fine for the vast majority of players, and that golf "technology" is a bunch of hooey. 

I just bought a Callaway ST Max driver (9.0) and made sure my kids each bought me a dozen ProV1's for my birthday. 

I wish I was kidding. 

There's nothing wrong with that. 👍

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Honestly, I can't remember what the last thing I bought was, but I know what the next thing will be. After hitting a bucket of balls for the first time in something like 2 years, I need a glove!

• Thumbs Up 1

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Travel case so I can take an airplane trip and have my clubs when I land.  Guess what I am excited about doing later this week.

• Like 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

New Driver shaft. Ventus Blue.

• Thumbs Up 1

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

• 3 weeks later...

With all the recent sales going on, I finally pulled the trigger on a new driver.  Mizuno STZ 220 for $299.  Had hit it in the Spring and liked it, but the difference in stats wasn’t worth the $450 at the time.  But $300?  Yes, please!

Also have some new SM9 wedges on the way, that I purchased with some of my mens club purse.

Recently ordered a new set of Ping i525 irons 5-PW. Looking forward to getting those sweet little gems.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

23 minutes ago, SEMI_Duffer said:

Orange Whip Lightspeed. Going to see if training with it really can help improve my abysmal swing speed :-)

image.gif.4a1945434ae23e73f9c2de68033820c7.gif

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Mizuno pro flihi 3 iron and a box pro v1x

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Snell MTB Black balls. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

In preparation for buying the Stack, I purchased the PRGR swing speed monitor. Didn’t have batteries handy, but will buy some today and give it a try!  Really looking forward to using it!

On 9/15/2022 at 1:33 PM, SEMI_Duffer said:

Orange Whip Lightspeed. Going to see if training with it really can help improve my abysmal swing speed :-)

Doesn't that club help with timing too? Anything heavier than your heaviest club will help your swing speed. Some of the old timers swung a shovel back in the day. During the winter I swing a weighted club. It most definitely helps so right on.