IGNORED

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought?

I just bought 12 golf gloves (Kirkland/best gloves for the price) $75 for a dozen on ebay.

And two dozen Titleist Prov1X Left Dash golf balls from PGA Superstore online. 

18 minutes ago, chop said:

Doesn't that club help with timing too?

Allegedly.  I already had the original, full-size OW. Back when I had my old swing I found I actually played worse, after swinging with it, rather than better, so I stopped using it.  (I know why that is, now.)

They are a lot of fun to swing, though :)

18 minutes ago, chop said:

Anything heavier than your heaviest club will help your swing speed. 

There's more science to it now.  There's slow-response and fast-twitch muscles involved.

Anyhoo... My abysmally low swing speed probably has more to do with my swing not being quite right, yet, than anything else.  A couple things I'm doing poorly are stalling my hips.  So I'll get that straightened-out before I engage in any swing speed training.

• Thumbs Up 1

A lesson.

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
7 hours ago, chop said:

Anything heavier than your heaviest club will help your swing speed.

That's not true.

• Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Not sure this fits the definition of golf thing, but here goes.

Last week I had travelled home and not bothered to take my golf clubs.  There is a set at my parents home but in the evening I got a call from a friend while staying at my in-laws place.  He does have a spare set of clubs, though without a driver and putter.  Fortunately he also had a glove in the bag so didn't need to stress about that.  We shared the driver and putter.  However, I was without golf clothes/shoes.  As luck would have it, I was wearing sneakers and a collared shirt so those were used the following day.  However I didn't have any pants or shorts having taken one pair of jeans only, so I went to the small village which luckily had one clothes shop and picked up a pair of pants.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Bought a couple dozen Maxfli Tours. Had a reward from Dicks and really didn't need anything else. I do like the balls. Not as much as the AVX but there not bad.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Back in July I purchased The Stack System for speed training, but I guess there was no stock right at the time, so I'm supposed to receive it in October. I was able to make some decent speed gains with Superspeed system throughout 2020 and 2021, but I stopped this year to work on swing mechanics. I've definitely lost some speed this year (use it or lose it?), so I am going to start back up as soon as it arrives.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

I just traded in(cleaning out closet) of a bunch of clubs not being used. Ended up getting a new Vokey Sm9 and 2 dozen pro vs as the swap at local shop. Good deal for items collecting dust. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I bought a pair of OG Feel True LinksWear shoes in "Reflect Camo Navy". 

I've worn them for two rounds so far and they are my new favorite golf shoes. true.jpg.f6d0f9445ee0f31f8b9476390716ef94.jpg

I always love the True LinksWear OG's. That zero drop speaks to me. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I bought a pair of True Lux Sport.   I've not had the opportunity to wear them on the course but around the house, they are very comfortable.

True sport.png

• Thumbs Up 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

12 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I bought a pair of True Lux Sport.   I've not had the opportunity to wear them on the course but around the house, they are very comfortable.

True sport.png

I assume. Like me, you took advantage of the recent deals. 👍

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

1 minute ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I assume. Like me, you took advantage of the recent deals. 👍

I did!  Thanks to Erik for the discount code!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2022 at 8:51 PM, iacas said:

That's not true.

I'm just repeating something Sam Snead said. I figure he knows a lot about golf. He said this when talking about swinging a shovel to get stronger. You might be able to find it this on Youtube. It was from a tip I saw on TV many years ago.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, chop said:

I'm just repeating something Sam Snead said. I figure he knows a lot about golf.

Science has come a long way since the 1940s.

• Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Picked a very used Sun Mountain Sunday bag at the local Hospice store.  Had a 3i and 9i (a.220 model), TopFlite KroFlite Sand Wedge (well played) and a Stan Thompson wood head mallet putter (missing brass sole plate, will retrofit a piece of replacement brass). Got the bag and clubs for $15.  The bag had been sitting since last winter.  The putter was what intrigued me most…

Edited by WillieT

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• 2 weeks later...

The putter I had was a 2nd hand Taylormade Rosa I chose mainly because of the price and because it looked really nice. It went well for the last couple of years as I was new to golf but last week I decided for the first time to treat myself with a nice golf club so I am now the happy owner of a Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 !

All my other clubs are entry level clubs and ti be honest they are not the main cause of my missed shots so I decided to replace them with better clubs step by step. It will give me time to make the right choice (I'm thinking about a fitting too) and as I will not have to replace everything all at once it will also raise the budget. In my opinion the putter was the first on the list as it is the club  use the most and as I don't think it will become obsolete quickly if not at all.

Next steps will be my driver (I'm using a 10 year old driver from Inesis).

Just ordered myself four golf gloves.  They were in different sizes from 22 to 25 and I wasn't sure which one would fit me correctly.  They were at a discounted price and I figured can give them to family/friends or sell them on if they don't fit me

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

A ticket to Erie, which was unexplainably canceled. Damn shame.

• Booooooooo 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge