IGNORED

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought?

I just bought, as an early Christmas gift, a Callaway Rogue ST Max driver.  Arrives Thursday... fearful of taking it to the outdoor range, temps in the high 20's.  Don't want to crack the face... something I've done on 3 occasions, same range.  So it might be a trek to the local indoor simulator.

• Administrator
9 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Don’t forget True shoes!

It says the last thing you bought. 😉

• Funny 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Two things…

• Titleist TSR3 Driver, 9°, HZRDUS Black 4G 70 / 6.5 flex
  • Titleist TSR3 3W, 15°, HZRDUS Black 4G 80 / 6.0 flex

Looking forward to trying them out… in a few months. 🙂

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

Two things…

• Titleist TSR3 Driver, 9°, HZRDUS Black 4G 70 / 6.5 flex
  • Titleist TSR3 3W, 15°, HZRDUS Black 4G 80 / 6.0 flex

Looking forward to trying them out… in a few months. 🙂

how come my golf purchases are never as fun as yours?  I think my last golf purchase was some rain gear 🙄

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator
55 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

how come my golf purchases are never as fun as yours?  I think my last golf purchase was some rain gear 🙄

Well… technically I didn't buy these, either.

Rain gear is important. If you play in the rain, that is. 😄

• 1 month later...

I just got a new wedge this week.

It's a 50 degree gap wedge. PXG 0311 3X Forged.

IMG_20230209_173326804_HDR.thumb.jpg.317ca3291fa0a2e25691d001b8d4fba1.jpg

I guess I should mention I got new irons. Maybe about a 6 weeks ago. 

IMG_20230209_173442135.thumb.jpg.af66439d94e30d8e764790fe12b0aa0b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Ping iCrossover 2 iron. Going to sub this out with my hybrid from time to time. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

True Golf Shoes for me, although they don’t come until tomorrow 

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

True Lux hybrid shoe and the Cobra Speedzone driver. I hate this driver. Bad buy. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I guess it counts as something I've bought but I've just joined a new golf club for 2023

My current course has been mostly shut for the last 3 months as it gets too wet in the winter! I'd been thinking of moving for a while and finally bit the bullet! Nicer course, better practice facilities and a lot of better players to compete against.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/8/2008 at 10:26 PM, JYB said:

Today, at The World of Golf in NYC, i purchased :

-52º/11 & 58º/11 Callaway X-Tour Vintage Wedges

-Orange & Navy Mini Sharpie Pens

-1 Box of Stinger Cleats

-1 Champ Cleat Wrench

-1 Dozen Taylor Made TP Red Golf Balls

-1 Box of white Zero Friction Tees

-1 Ball Aligner

How about you?

Nice!

Just curious, do you have a 56* wedge too, or go from 52* to 58*.  Curious, because I carry the same loft wedges (Vokeys in my case)

Luis

A couple of hickories:  A great looking niblick and a deep-grooved mashie-niblick.  The bidding was fierce but I won. Probably paid too much, but they'll be fun and interesting.

This ain't no Party, this ain't no Disco...

13 minutes ago, Wade Patton said:

A couple of hickories:  A great looking niblick and a deep-grooved mashie-niblick.  The bidding was fierce but I won. Probably paid too much, but they'll be fun and interesting.

Good job!  5 years from now it won't matter what you paid for them.  What's a niblick?  (just kidding)

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max driver and Golf Pride MC mid size grips and lastly Taylormade High Toe lob wedge. The grips were a purpose buy the clubs pure impulse. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Just purchased a dozen TaylorMade V3 Soft golf balls.  $30 a dozen, but then golf equipment is a lot more expensive in India.  Decided to try the ball and see whether it is worth playing a relatively affordable 3 piece ball.  The next time will try the Inesis Tour 900 which costs the same and pick one of them as my gamer for tournaments

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

I have been playing with only 12 clubs in the bag for a while.  I have a large gap between driver and 4H that I need to fill. I just bought a used Callaway Epic Speed 4W from CPO and a used Callaway GBB Heavenwood from eBay. Probably should have gone ahead and bought a 5W while CPO had their 40% off sale going on.  We will see how it all works out.

War Eagle!

Bought a watercolor of Jack putting in a tournament with Arnie and his Army looking on.  It commemorates a big win of Jack's over Arnie around 1959.  I don't recall all the details. But I wanted some art and these two were magnificent players and men.

This ain't no Party, this ain't no Disco...