IGNORED

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought?

Been looking for a couple things.. the oversized Winn AVS putter grip (the BIG one), didn't find one (sold out) but they had a putter there with one so I got to try it and I liked it, then looked at the used hybrids where I found the one I've been looking for for $34. A nike cpr 18* was knocking it about 235 on the LM :) and able to adjust the distance from 205 to 238 so I'm happy. So I bought the Nike hybrid ... yippee!

Next buy, grips ... putter and for my irons...

Pete

WITB
What's in SiD's bag

Ogio Stand Bag
Driver
910D3 9.5 set to 8.5
907D2 9.5 VS Proto Stif

f3WoodCleveland XLS 15* Stiff

Irons TaylorMade Tour Preferred 4-9

Wedges Gun'd 48* & Vokey 58

Putter 34" XG #7

I had some clubs regripped.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

Tested out some MP-32s and just contemplating before taking the plunge.... so hard to deny a set of beautiful forged irons!

Driver: Big Bertha 460 10*
Fairway: X Tour 3W 15* w/ Fujikura TP 26.3g
Hybrids: Fusion FT-Hybrid 3H 20*
Irons: MP-32 3i-PW
Wedges: Vokey 52.08 | SM56.14 | SM60.04Putter: Red X 33"Ball: Pro V1xShoes: Air Zoom Elite

Tested out some MP-32s and just contemplating before taking the plunge.... so hard to deny a set of beautiful forged irons!

I love mine and you will not be dissappointed. They are beautiful and feel absolutely amazing when you hit them. Mine have Project X in them and I like that.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

Bought a used TM R5 Dual and Adams A3 boxer hybrid. Took the R5 back yesterday, now looking for a new driver. Also just received my Cleveland CG11 black pearl 48* wedge I ordered from Edwin watts. Oh yeah and I went with the gf and she picked up a set of Cleveland TA6 irons so she can learn and start playing with me.

SLDR 430 TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR Mini Driver TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR 4h Matrix Black Tie 95s
Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

A new towel and hat.

And a Callaway Warbird XXT bag
Edit. And i bought a grip for my old 8 iron. Setting up a bag for a friend.
All the clubs should be re-griped, in time.

Also heading out to buy a 5 hybrid tonight. Need some suggestions.

SLDR 430 TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR Mini Driver TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR 4h Matrix Black Tie 95s
Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

my suggestion is to make sure that club you're going to buy is properly set up for you before you purchase anything (length, shaft type, lie angle, etc.)

I was in Myrtle Beach for the last five days I ended up buying, a Wilson Staff Pi5 2 iron, Wilson Staff Pro Soft glove. black Zero friction tees, and a Puma painters hat, those hats Camillo, and Ryan Moore where.
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

The hybrid in my signature line.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Used MP33s (2-PW) for $150.

Driver: 913D2, 9.5°
3-Wood: V-Steel, 15°
Hybrid: Rescue Dual TP, 19°
Irons: MP-64, 4-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM 54.10, 60.08 Putter: Studio Style Newport 2

Ball: ProV1

This is a kinda fun thread...

Thanks to uncle sam and a stimulus check, my last trip to the golf store landed me a

Used set of Callaway x-tours 3-PW

A dozen Callaway Tour xi's

A putter fitting for my Ping B60.

In my Ogio Bag
Driver - Cobra 10.5 F Speed
3 Wood - Cobra LD speed
Hybrid - TaylorMade Burner 22 degree
Irons - Callaway X-Tour 3-PW 52.08 Degree Gap Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin Milled56.14 Degree Sand Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin Milled60.07 Degree Lob Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin MilledPutter...

I picked up a Club Caddy (had to after seeing it on Fore Inventors Only and realizing how much it made sense) and a dozen Callaway HX Hot Bite balls.

Love the balls, and getting some use out of the Club Caddy.

WITB
Driver: Ping G425 - Aldila Rogue White
3 Wood: Nike SQ Dymo 
Hybrid: TaylorMade SLDR
Irons: Ping i525 Retro Spec
Wedges: Cleveland 588 (52,56,60)
Putter: Never Compromise Gamble Limited Custom

Balls: Titleist ProV1

My Nike SQ Sumo 5000 driver, Sasquatch 2 Fairwood 3 wood and 5 wood.
In my Grom bag...

Driver: 07 Burner
Woods: 07 Burner 3W, 5W
Irons: 3-PW R7 TPWedges: MP-56*, MP-60*Putter: White Hot XG #9GPS : SC3

I was in Memphis, recently, for a lunch meeting. I got there early and because I was near the Edwin Watts store, I decided to stop in and look for a wide brimmed hat to wear on course ( I had decided to get one of those goobery looking hats in order to protect my extraordinary visage from the ravages of the sun ).

I walked in and, as usual, was barely greeted by a disinterested employee. Now, I walked into that store with money in my pocket, ready to spend it on a specific item. The poor attitude of the employees in that store just turned me off. While they weren't rude, they just seemed disinterested; they just didn't seem to care whether or not I was there or whether or not they were there.

Eventhough I found one hat that I might, under other circumstances, have bought, I decided to save my money and spend it somewhere else where it mattered to those with whom I spent it.

This situation has happened almost every time I visit the Edwin Watts in Memphis. Every time I go there, I swear it will be my last and, like some lemming, I am always lured back there because of proximity and the quantity of golf equipment. But every time I step through their door, I am greeted with the same indifference and lack of interest.

So, what did I buy on my last trip to a golf store: nothing!

Given the state of our economy, this lack of regard for a customer borders on the insane. If I were Edwin Watts, I would reconsider either the qualifications for salespeople or reconsider the training program, if any, in which they require employees to participate.

Anybody else have similar experiences?

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Last week I bought an Ohio State blade head cover for my putter, some zero-friction tees, golf towel, and a Titleist visor. Now if they only sold a golf game...

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x