IGNORED

Bushnell Launch Pro vs Foresight GC3

@ChetlovesMer btw this is all about the one I mentioned in previous posts that I am gonna wait a few months to hear more about/

:whistle:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

With the price increase to 4k and the unlimited now being the same as the GC3, I checked out the Foresight website and bit on one of their specials that run through 8/15. They have some pretty good packages now if you need more than just the launch monitor. Since I am starting from scratch (no pun intended) it made sense to go for the GC3 deal that I was putting together manually. 

Edited by TourSpoon
Clarification

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

3 minutes ago, TourSpoon said:

With the price increase to 4k and the unlimited now being the same as the GC3, I checked out the Foresight website and bit on one of their specials that run through 8/15. They have some pretty good packages now if you need more than just the launch monitor. Since I am starting from scratch (no pun intended) it made sense to go for the GC3 deal that I was putting together manually. 

Can I ask what all you ordered?
And if I may what your plan is? 
Not nosey. Just trying to work out my own plan.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

@ChetlovesMer so the plan is to have a golf sim - practice area poolside at the new house, under the roof using the big outdoor TV. I won't have space for a projector room so its the net return - mat combo along with a quality launch monitor. I was ready to do the Bushnell and then the price changed and Foresight is running the specials with the unlimited GC3 Essentials package combo with the V2 net return, mat, and free shipping for just 500 over the GC3 regular price.  I plan to set it up on a temp basis in the living room with a gaming laptop and the big screen.  This is really the set-up that I wanted for now, so the package made sense. The Bushnell combo offering is 500 less (plus shipping), has 10 extra courses but only a 1 year subscription. It made sense for me to go GC3 unlimited and do their special. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Update: The gaming laptop came first along with software licenses for FSX 2020, FSX Play, and FSX Pro. Set-up was pretty straightforward with just one minor configuration needed for Play to get it to not ask for changes every time it loaded, but nothing I couldn't handle. I spent a few days exploring the software and watching You Tube and the Vimeo tutorials on the Pro app. The V2 Net came in with the mat on a pallet and that was easy enough to put up in 5 minutes. I was really surprised, but the V2 color coding system made it a snap. The GC3 came in last night and that set-up is fool proof. I plugged it in to charge, hooked up to wifi, upgraded firmware and was ready to hit some shots. 

Well, the GC3 is just amazing! I loved the FSX Pro app and the data points around it. The FSX 2020 had some cool contest features with the 6 foot challenge and the online closest to the pin contests. I tried my hand at the sim golf, but really need to get a bit more comfortable in the environment to be swinging driver and woods. There are some nuances about sim golf that I need to figure out, but I will get there. I finished up on the Pro app hitting 58 degree wedges to targets at 50, 60, 70, and 80 yards. I really was impressed with how much there is to do, but I am sure I will settle into it. 

Overall, it has been a great experience and if you are limited on space and want the most accurate of data, this is a great way to go. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/16/2022 at 3:03 PM, TourSpoon said:

Overall, it has been a great experience and if you are limited on space and want the most accurate of data, this is a great way to go. 

Just to update, I have zero regrets with the GC3. I can set it up in about 7 minutes in our living area and tear it down in less than 5. I have to admit most of my time is spent on the FSX2020 range with a webcam plugged in so I can see numbers and video and it has made my practice more valuable. The webcam doesn't have great FPS but it gets the job done. I can go see my guy for a lesson or send him a video, then I can really work that concept with feedback. The only golf course I really play is the Pitch and Putt where you can really nail down the wedges. Anyway, I am really glad I splurged on this because I am really enjoying it. 

• 3 months later...
On 12/12/2022 at 9:49 AM, TourSpoon said:

Just to update, I have zero regrets with the GC3. I can set it up in about 7 minutes in our living area and tear it down in less than 5. I have to admit most of my time is spent on the FSX2020 range with a webcam plugged in so I can see numbers and video and it has made my practice more valuable. The webcam doesn't have great FPS but it gets the job done. I can go see my guy for a lesson or send him a video, then I can really work that concept with feedback. The only golf course I really play is the Pitch and Putt where you can really nail down the wedges. Anyway, I am really glad I splurged on this because I am really enjoying it. 

After all of the arguing in this thread I ended up finding IMO the best route to go on a budget ish instead of the bushnell - a used Foresight GC2

I found one for $2500, there is no subscription lock in whatsoever, and the accuracy is pretty much as good as it gets. GC3 is great, but I couldn't get that and a projector/mat/screen/software so I think this is the next best option.

@TourSpoon And you should absolutely get a powerful PC and GSPRO software, it is so freaking cool to be able to play the courses they are playing on Tour nearly every week. 

Edited by jshots
  • Thumbs Up 1

:whistle:

41 minutes ago, jshots said:

After all of the arguing in this thread I ended up finding IMO the best route to go on a budget ish instead of the bushnell - a used Foresight GC2

I found one for $2500, there is no subscription lock in whatsoever, and the accuracy is pretty much as good as it gets. GC3 is great, but I couldn't get that and a projector/mat/screen/software so I think this is the next best option.

@TourSpoon And you should absolutely get a powerful PC and GSPRO software, it is so freaking cool to be able to play the courses they are playing on Tour nearly every week. 

Congrats on the GC2! It's very exciting to get going into this realm. 

As far as my GC3 goes, its been underutilized and regulated to the driving range. I just moved to a private club on the third tee and the range is a 5 minute cart ride, so I don't do much sim golf anymore. The only time I break out the mat and net is when I need to take a peek using the camera. 

On 7/21/2022 at 5:37 PM, ChetlovesMer said:

I think this discussion has clarified one thing beyond a shadow of a doubt. If I want one of these fully featured, I will have to either:

1 - Pay $7500-ish.

2 - Pay $3000-ish and then rent the software for $800 per year. 

In truth, I'm thinking the first option may be better for me. 

I'd be anxious to hear what others think, but here's my thought. 

If I just buy the software rather then rent it. I don't have to worry about the software going up in price. What if two years from now it's $1000 per year. Then two years later maybe $1500 per year. (Possible exaggeration, but I think you get my point.) Plus, my guess is I will use this for more than 5 years. From what I've seen and read the software is either buy it, or rent it. It doesn't look like there's a rent-to-own option. They WILL however allow you to finance the whole thing, so maybe that's kind of the rent-to-own option. 

I'm still not sure.

There are pros & cons to both options.  Buying it outright may be lower cost in the long run but you may also miss out on improvements they make over time.  Ignoring inflation it is just over 5 1/2 years to break-even.  I would suspect a lot of improvement can occur over that length of time.  The question becomes, are you happy with the current system and will you stay happy even after seeing an improvement you miss out on.  I still see people (fewer by the year) with basic flip-phones and they are happy, but I would not be.

Even with option #2 you may want to periodically update to newer hardware to get the full benefit of future enhancements.  Paying $3,000 every several years (+ Inflation) to upgrade would be much less than paying the equivalent of $7,500 + inflation every several years.  

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold)