IGNORED

Chambers Bay - Tacoma, WA

Note: This thread is 3592 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm going to be up there in a couple of weeks and will be playing this course but I was wondering what other courses are worth playing up there. I've played Druids Glen and Port Ludlow. I've heard the UW course is nice and Gold Mountain also but don't have a lot of input about these or if any others are better than these. I probably will be staying by Seatac.

The Olympic Course at Gold Mountain is brilliant (the NCAA Men's West Regionals were held there this year, as was the 2006 Amateur Publinx), and the Cascade Course is very nice too. Gold Mt. is on the Olympic Peninsula side of Elliot Bay.

Newcastle is an upscale course in the Oki Golf portfolio, with the Coal Creek course providing great views of the city. The Home Course in Dupont (south of Seattle) is a new course getting good reviews. White Horse is another new course (north of Seattle, also on the Olympic Peninsula side of the Bay) getting raves. Kayak Point in Stanwood (farther north of Seattle) has a very good reputation. Willow's Run in Redmond is an option if you find yourself on the Eastside/Microsoft area. West Seattle is a nice city muni just south of downtown. Seattle Golf Guide provides a lot of basic information in one place for courses in the area. Hope this helps.

Best to get the Oki card www.okigolf.com and play the courses on that. Most are within reasonable driving distance from Seatac and has the best value.

THe platinum card allows you to play all six available courses. (i say 6 and not 8, because the other 2 are private members-only courses). The value is terrific: $309 for 6 courses w/ cart. Newcastle Coal creek course is $125 itself.

My 6 pick with the OkiCard would be:
1. Newcastle Coal Creek
2. Newcastle China Creek
3. Harbour Pointe
4. Echo Falls
5. Hawks Prairie Links
6. Hawks Prairie Woodlawn

You'd probably need more than a weekend to play all those.

In my Army Cammo bag:

Shoes: Footjoy Contour
Gloves:
Driver: Dual Point3W: Dual Point3-4 Hybrid: Rescue Burner/Mid5-PW: CG4GW-SW: 588 53/56 degPutter: Anser I seriesBall: B330s

• 5 years later...
Has anyone played this course lately? I heard they made a bunch of changes for the US open 2015 and some of the greens are still torn up. I am looking to play here soon and don't want to be disappointed because the pictures of this course look amazing. I also want to play this course before they jack up the prices closer to the US Open next year.

What's in my bag... Driver: Taylormade Aero Burner TP (10.5 degree) Fujikura Speeder 6.2 V.C. X-stiff 3-wood: Taylormade RBZ (15 degree) Hybrid: PING i15 (20 degree) Irons: PING S55 (4-W) with DG x100 Wedges: PING Tour s (50, 54 and 60 degree) Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Note: This thread is 3592 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!